Florence Welch In Valentino Couture – 2011 Oscars

Best British Export Award
We usually see Florence Welch at music awards, but as one of the performers at the 2011 Oscars she was also walked the red carpet.

She opted to wear a Valentino Spring 2011 Couture maxi dress.

I’m glad she stayed true to her style by wearing this yellow long sleeve dress with pleated organza and chantilly lace. I love the romantic nature of this look and the flowing tiered skirt.

We are well used to seeing Florence wear this type of colour, so in future I’d love to see her be more daring with colours as she is with her style.

Credit: Style.com & Fame Pictures

Dita von Teese In Jean Paul Gaultier Couture - Sidaction Gala Dinner

Dita von Teese In Jean Paul Gaultier Couture – Sidaction Gala Dinner

Oprah Winfrey In Zac Posen - 2011 Oscars

Oprah Winfrey In Zac Posen – 2011 Oscars

23 Responses to Florence Welch In Valentino Couture – 2011 Oscars

1. Laura February 28, 2011 at 04:53 #

I don’t know. This kinda goes into Amish territory for me. Just a little pop of sex appeal or modernity would’ve helped this look a lot. Not my fave at all. I’ve liked Florence’s style, but I didn’t like what she wore to the Grammy’s or here.

2. Marlyn February 28, 2011 at 04:56 #

I am usually a big fan of her fashion choices but I don’t like this on her. Just like the Grammy’s I wished she wore Elie Saab on the red carpet.

3. june February 28, 2011 at 05:01 #

i love her style, i just wish she’d wear other colours. i saw her in other pictures, where the lighting wasn’t so warm and she was so wan and washed out — the warmer light here disguises it a bit all the nudes and pale yellow wash her out so much.

4. robbie February 28, 2011 at 05:04 #

boring and i cant even say what that yellow colour reminds me of it would just be nasty.

5. Ethne Blist February 28, 2011 at 05:12 #

This was my favorite look from this collection. I say BDOTW because it is so Edwardian. Like from 1900. I am so in love with her in this look.

6. Kuzeika February 28, 2011 at 05:13 #

Hm.. Interesting… I didn’t like the look at all. As if Florence pulled the dress out of her Grandma’s chest. I can almost feel this musty smell.

7. Kuzeika February 28, 2011 at 05:14 #

And how about this pseudo-Keira Knightley pout?…

8. lalala February 28, 2011 at 05:16 #

boring and ugly as usual.

• Redseouls February 28, 2011 at 14:16 #

My thoughts exactly!!

9. Alicat February 28, 2011 at 05:28 #

This is very much Florence and true to her style, but it somehow doesn’t do her justice at an event such as this. Maybe there are just too many lace panels and flouncy bits..

10. Nat February 28, 2011 at 06:35 #

Plain ugly, nothing romantic.

11. Ayishaa February 28, 2011 at 06:59 #

This look doesn’t look nice . Maybe if she got her hair out of the way, it would have looked better.

12. Emi February 28, 2011 at 09:04 #

I don’t like it. I don’t like this pale yellow, most of all on her, It washes her out. This dress reminds me Little house on the prairie, she looks like a romantic nun.

13. Mary February 28, 2011 at 10:10 #

I love Florence and I really liked this gown on her. It really stood out on the Red Carpet this year, as it was so widely different from what everyone else wore…

• Mary February 28, 2011 at 12:01 #

Also, Florence looked magnificent while performing for the show and on the after party Elton John hosted :D

14. Marvel February 28, 2011 at 12:27 #

It reminds me too much of a wedding cake but kudos to her for wearing a dress that she likes and not a dress that follows the norm. For that I give her props to

15. Jennifer L February 28, 2011 at 12:50 #

Worst Dressed at the Oscars. So bland, plain, definitely not Oscar-appropriate. Such a disappointment.

16. LizLemoooon February 28, 2011 at 13:31 #

She looks like a ginger Ms. Havisham. This is just ridiculously boring, lacks energy, her hair is limp and all these colours wash her out. They don’t make her look ethereal or pretty as I’m sure she think they do they make her look very sickly.

17. Alexandra February 28, 2011 at 14:15 #

she looks beautiful. i was thinking the same thing, about her and colors. I would love to see her in rich green…

18. hsua February 28, 2011 at 14:42 #

maybe an updo could work better

19. mochababe73 March 1, 2011 at 01:55 #

I don’t know who this is. Never heard of Florence until a couple of months ago on this very site.
    While I don’t like the dress, this seems to be very much her style. I think that this was a great choice and highlights her hair beautifully.

20. SB March 1, 2011 at 05:01 #

She never seems to change the hair do and frankly it looks like bad crimping to me…

21. Ghost May 18, 2012 at 22:07 #

She looks gorgeous!! Her statuesque figure really makes this look work. I love her hair in this picture – it’s very casual but pretty.