Aishwarya Rai In Armani Prive – 2011 Oscars

Just OK Award
Aishwarya Rai looked beautiful as she walked the red carpet at the 2011 Oscars last night.

She wore a Giorgio Armani Prive Fall 2010 gown.

The bronze strapless fully embellished amber sequins gown was accented with a beaded detail gathered at the waist.

To accessories the beautiful gown the Indian actress carried a simple Jimmy Choo ‘Lana’ clutch bag in the same hue as her gown.

Vintage jewelery and smoky eyes complete the simple yet elegant look.

I think Aishwarya has had much better red carpet moments. This is great, but I’m not wowed by it and I expect her to wow every time. She does much better at Cannes Film Festival.

Credit: Style.com & Zuma Press

Alyson Hannigan's Citizens of Humanity Avedon Rose Print Jeans

Alyson Hannigan’s Citizens of Humanity Avedon Rose Print Jeans

Sandra Bullock In Vera Wang - 2011 Oscars

Sandra Bullock In Vera Wang – 2011 Oscars

27 Responses to Aishwarya Rai In Armani Prive – 2011 Oscars

1. LizLemoooon February 28, 2011 at 13:29 #

This was the worst Oscars in years. Fashion and ceremony wise.
    I think she still looks beautiful but you’re right FC the dress is just…okay.

2. nichelle February 28, 2011 at 13:30 #

if it wasnt for her gorgeous face….

• Fashion Critic February 28, 2011 at 13:38 #

ditto

3. Marvel February 28, 2011 at 13:33 #

She looks so beautiful and I love the colour against her skin

4. Lee Ann February 28, 2011 at 13:35 #

It takes a lot to make one of the most beautiful women in the world look bloated and cheap.

5. Laura February 28, 2011 at 13:38 #

Good on many but it pales when compared to other moments Aishwarya’s had. I do like the color a lot though.

• Fashion Critic February 28, 2011 at 13:39 #

agreed…

6. S February 28, 2011 at 13:42 #

Surprisingly I like it a lot. It’s a lot better than her previous appearances, especially at Cannes 2010.

7. Ethne Blist February 28, 2011 at 14:04 #

Just another sparkly Armani dress I say. It is sparkly and strapless, that is it. Meh. I never thought I would say meh for Mrs. Rai.

• Fashion Critic February 28, 2011 at 14:32 #

Me neither…I was surprised at how disappointed I was with this look.

It has all the right ingredients, but meh

• Alina February 28, 2011 at 18:34 #

I agree.

8. hsua February 28, 2011 at 14:37 #

i prefer her when she wearing Elie Saab , just ok like you say

9. robbie February 28, 2011 at 14:41 #

she is beautlful but this is just another sparkly dress no wow factor which is weird as she normally packs a punch fashion wise.

10. Emi February 28, 2011 at 15:37 #

It seems she (or her stylist) wasn’t very interesting in create a beautiful look. Comparing this to Cannes… Also, the dress lost that light drapery which was beautiful. No, bad look from her, considering what we’re used to.

11. ConnaughtFleur February 28, 2011 at 16:14 #

I dunno, I loved this appearance of hers. This might be just a bad pic.

I liked the dress. I color blends beautifully on her skin. Trust me, look at her other pics, they’re awesome.

One of the best dressed of the evening for sure!

• R February 28, 2011 at 18:53 #

I totally agree with you. She was one of the best dressed by far.
      The pic choice is just not good.

12. Ally February 28, 2011 at 22:29 #

Maybe she felt the need to go safe since she isn’t very known in the US? The color does look amazing with her sink tone. I can’t wait to see what she brings to Cannes.

13. Ariel February 28, 2011 at 23:38 #

Love the color on her skin tone & how it sparkles. Her hair and makeup looked beautiful too. Also loved her jewelery. This picture isn’t the best though. She was one of the best dressed & it was her first time at the Oscars.

• Fashion Critic March 1, 2011 at 00:00 #

She wasn’t even close to being one of the best at this event.

It may have been her first time at the oscars but she has been doing Cannes for years which fashion wise is far superior to the oscars.

The picture isnt the issue it’s the so so dress.

• Sukriti March 2, 2011 at 12:29 #

It was nt the matter if she had done Cannes before n its her first oscars, she jst had very less time to find an oscar worthy dress. Accoring to indian media Aish jst got invitation 2-3 days before the awards fuction, when the acadmey people got to knw that Aish n her hubby were in town..

• Fashion Critic March 2, 2011 at 12:50 #

I still stand by my comment and I wont change it. It wasn’t her best look. Time isn’t a factor.

14. Jones19 March 1, 2011 at 00:17 #

She’s so stunningly beautiful but this dress is just meh on her.

15. mochababe73 March 1, 2011 at 01:44 #

With the exception of her hair, I thought that she looked gorgeous. I like the brown, and I love loud, vibrant colors.

16. Ayesha March 1, 2011 at 06:20 #

i don’t think this photo does justice to this fabulous look,i saw it on the tv and liked it much better.

17. Fashionmeal March 2, 2011 at 04:39 #

I don’t know. I said this on HHC.com earlier and I’ll say it again I don’t think the dress is working for her. I love the colour but the shape/form of the dress does nothing for her. I wish she’d gone with something that would give her a defined shape. It looks ‘boxy’ from the bottom.

Does that make any sense? :s

18. Deanna Sonovsky April 28, 2011 at 13:41 #

Umm..it’s called being a woman, being curvy. Not bloated. And I like that she doesn’t feel the need to always be over-dressed and the center of attention. She looks classic and classy.

19. Ruby Johnes December 3, 2011 at 23:26 #

lol, curvy women dont have their guts hanging out, their arms the size of a freight train, double chin and frayed hair? seriously? its indian media and people who have put her on a pedistal because they worship light skin.
    the woman can’t even act and she DOES LOVE TO BE THE CENTER OF ATTENTION.