2011 Oscars Round-Up

Helen Mirren wore a one of a kind gunmetal grey Vivienne Westwood Couture gown to the 2011 Oscars last night.

I love the puffy sleeve detail, the square neckline and matching satin clutch.

Cartier jewels completed her look.

Sharon Stone was of course in Dior.

The red carpet wild card was surprisingly subdued. Her black silk crepe one shoulder gown with ostrich feather detail was a great look for her.

Usually she heads to the worst dress list without passing Go and without collecting 200, but she looks fabulous here.

Celine Dion looked stunning wearing a Giorgio Armani Privé evening gown with a plunging neckline and bold shoulders. I love the silhouette.

She dazzled with Van Cleef & Arpels diamonds.

Camilla Alves accompanied her beau Matthew McConaughey wearing a beautiful Kaufman Franco black gown.

Stuart Weitzman heels, Lorraine Schwartz jewels and Kotur clutch completed her look.

Rhea Durham was plus one to hubby Mark Wahlberg wearing a stunning Naeem Khan Resort 2011 gown.

The one-shoulder gown has a nude embellished bodice and a gorgeous coral tulip-shape skirt.

Credit: Fame Pictures

19 thoughts on “2011 Oscars Round-Up

1. robbie

helen, what a ugly dress the material looks cheap.

sharon, obviously hoping to get the role of the corpse bride if they do a live action version.

celine, plain boring dress.

camilla, another plain boring dress too much cleavage for the academy awards for my taste.

rhea, UGLY!

this year was a disaster.

2. Marvel

Helen – I like it. So regal

Sharon – The make-up is too heavy and the dress is kinda tragic anyways

Celine – LOVE it. My fav from this post. I love this look

Camila – Too boring for my taste

Rhea – not a good look

3. Fanny

I’d say Camilla Alves was the best dressed and the best poser of the night, she looks really really good in that gown!
    I miss Keira Knightley, Angelina Jolie and lots of other stars. It just feels like noone was there…

4. Leti

Celine and Camilla’s looks really stood out for me last night. I thought Celine got the combination of the dress, hair, makeup, and accessories just right. I can’t believe she had twins just a couple of months ago! I also thought that Camilla was very striking. She kept it simple and the dress speak for itself.

5. justme

Camilla looked beautiful. She’s a hell of a plus one.
    I don’t care about Rhea’s dress mainly because I’m wondering show short Mark really is. I knew he wasn’t the tallest dude out there but damn lol.

6. Valeria

Celine Dion looks like she either had unsuccessful lift/beauty shots or a very, VERY bad make-up artist. Lifeless plaster face

7. Saara

Celine looks stunnig! She was one of the best dressed IMO. What a body!

Helen Mirren looks great too. My only problem is that necklace which is too long as it lays on her dress.

8. Shaina

Helen Mirren looks so amazing. I just cannot get over it. I’m not a fan of the wrinkles, but I can see pass that!

Rhea’s dress is also very beautiful. I wish she did something different with her hair though.

9. Elisa

Yes yes yes thanks for featuring Camila! She looks like the sexiest, classiest personification of evil in that dress – the styling is pretty spot on as well. Combined with her post-Oscars look, I’d even dare to say she was the best dressed of the evening. So tired of the same old forgettable cream dresses and blah silhouettes – this is supposed to be THE most glamorous event, attended by the women who can pick any dress they want. The only actress who really stood out was Queen Cate. Sorry for the long rant, but these ceremonies seem to be getting more and more disappointing for me fashion-wise. :(