28.02.11

2011 Oscars Round-Up

Helen Mirren wore a one of a kind gunmetal grey Vivienne Westwood Couture gown to the 2011 Oscars last night.

I love the puffy sleeve detail, the square neckline and matching satin clutch.

Cartier jewels completed her look.

Sharon Stone was of course in Dior.

The red carpet wild card was surprisingly subdued. Her black silk crepe one shoulder gown with ostrich feather detail was a great look for her.

Usually she heads to the worst dress list without passing Go and without collecting 200, but she looks fabulous here.

Celine Dion looked stunning wearing a Giorgio Armani Privé evening gown with a plunging neckline and bold shoulders. I love the silhouette.

She dazzled with Van Cleef & Arpels diamonds.

Camilla Alves accompanied her beau Matthew McConaughey wearing a beautiful Kaufman Franco black gown.

Stuart Weitzman heels, Lorraine Schwartz jewels and Kotur clutch completed her look.

Rhea Durham was plus one to hubby Mark Wahlberg wearing a stunning Naeem Khan Resort 2011 gown.

The one-shoulder gown has a nude embellished bodice and a gorgeous coral tulip-shape skirt.

Credit: Fame Pictures

Marisa Tomei In Lily et Cie 1950 Charles James - 2011 Oscars

Marisa Tomei In Lily et Cie 1950 Charles James – 2011 Oscars

Jennifer Lawrence's Déjà Vu Oscar Dress

Jennifer Lawrence’s Déjà Vu Oscar Dress

19 Responses to 2011 Oscars Round-Up

1. robbie February 28, 2011 at 14:44 #

helen, what a ugly dress the material looks cheap.

sharon, obviously hoping to get the role of the corpse bride if they do a live action version.

celine, plain boring dress.

camilla, another plain boring dress too much cleavage for the academy awards for my taste.

rhea, UGLY!

this year was a disaster.

• Katey February 28, 2011 at 15:47 #

I agree with you. This year’s oscar red carpet was boring for me too.

2. noo February 28, 2011 at 14:49 #

rhea durham was in my top 5 best dressed for the whole night, lovely use of color and she just wowed me :D

3. Linda February 28, 2011 at 14:53 #

I thought Camilla looked gorgeous.

4. marian February 28, 2011 at 14:55 #

celine dion looked amazing. which is almost as startling as sharon stone looking good.

5. Marvel February 28, 2011 at 15:12 #

Helen – I like it. So regal

Sharon – The make-up is too heavy and the dress is kinda tragic anyways

Celine – LOVE it. My fav from this post. I love this look

Camila – Too boring for my taste

Rhea – not a good look

6. perfumeorpoison February 28, 2011 at 15:15 #

sharon stone scared me a bit.
    camilla looked amazing.

7. Fanny February 28, 2011 at 15:15 #

I’d say Camilla Alves was the best dressed and the best poser of the night, she looks really really good in that gown!
    I miss Keira Knightley, Angelina Jolie and lots of other stars. It just feels like noone was there…

8. Leti February 28, 2011 at 15:16 #

Celine and Camilla’s looks really stood out for me last night. I thought Celine got the combination of the dress, hair, makeup, and accessories just right. I can’t believe she had twins just a couple of months ago! I also thought that Camilla was very striking. She kept it simple and the dress speak for itself.

9. justme February 28, 2011 at 15:16 #

Camilla looked beautiful. She’s a hell of a plus one.
    I don’t care about Rhea’s dress mainly because I’m wondering show short Mark really is. I knew he wasn’t the tallest dude out there but damn lol.

10. Valeria February 28, 2011 at 15:17 #

Celine Dion looks like she either had unsuccessful lift/beauty shots or a very, VERY bad make-up artist. Lifeless plaster face

11. Hellwafashion February 28, 2011 at 19:05 #

I almost passed out when I saw Celine Dion, she looks so good. I think she is wearing all Bvlgari jewelery (necklace & one ring anyway).

• Alicia March 1, 2011 at 19:28 #

Celine IS wearing Bvlgari…

12. Dominika February 28, 2011 at 20:23 #

Helen Mirren was my best dressed this year.

13. Laura March 1, 2011 at 00:27 #

Where is Natalie Portman? After all. she did take home the Oscars. I think she looks great :)

14. The Bride March 1, 2011 at 01:56 #

Camilla was my best dressed for the night. And I had no idea who she is… still not too clear actually, apart from arm candy.

15. Saara March 1, 2011 at 06:46 #

Celine looks stunnig! She was one of the best dressed IMO. What a body!

Helen Mirren looks great too. My only problem is that necklace which is too long as it lays on her dress.

16. Shaina March 2, 2011 at 04:05 #

Helen Mirren looks so amazing. I just cannot get over it. I’m not a fan of the wrinkles, but I can see pass that!

Rhea’s dress is also very beautiful. I wish she did something different with her hair though.

17. Elisa March 2, 2011 at 04:17 #

Yes yes yes thanks for featuring Camila! She looks like the sexiest, classiest personification of evil in that dress – the styling is pretty spot on as well. Combined with her post-Oscars look, I’d even dare to say she was the best dressed of the evening. So tired of the same old forgettable cream dresses and blah silhouettes – this is supposed to be THE most glamorous event, attended by the women who can pick any dress they want. The only actress who really stood out was Queen Cate. Sorry for the long rant, but these ceremonies seem to be getting more and more disappointing for me fashion-wise. :(