27.02.11

More From The 2011 Independent Spirit Awards

Anne Heche wore D&G to the 2011 Independent Spirit Awards.

It’s one of the beachy looks at the event which I actually like.

Jimmy Choo heels and Irene Neuwirth completed her look.

When I saw Nicole Kidman wearing this L’Wren Scott red lace dress to this event I said to myself that she’s saving herself for the main event.  Fingers crossed.

Great dress and even better shoes.

Kerry Washington is wearing a delightful mis-mash of Dolce & Gabbana prints. I would love to try this look, but I’m not sure I could pull it off quite so well.

A leopard print clutch and Sergio Rossi red suede ‘Lola’ pumps completed her look.

Beau Garrett wore a gold vest top and a blue Burberry Prorsum skirt with cascading ruffles and nude patent Louboutin’s.

I love the colours texture and details from this look.

Amanda Peet wore black tights and black Mary Janes with a white short sleeve Nina Ricci cloque dress.

Needless to say I really dislike the styling of this look. A waste of a good dress if you ask me.

Naomi Watts was my least favourite at this event. She opted to wear an all black Chanel look with Coach sandals.

The only thing I like about her look is her Chanel bag.

Michelle Trachtenberg wore a Pamella Roland tile jacquard coat dress with short pleated sleeves and back box pleat.

Yet another look ruined with bad styling.

Wasn’t this event by the beach? Why so many tights on this red carpet?

Sunrise Ruffalo wore an embroidered Gary Graham dress from the designers Spring 2011 collection.

I love the dress, but I’m not too keen on the tan open-toe booties, but at least she tried something different.

Rosario Dawson looked good wearing a sleeveless Burberry Prorsum tiered leopard printed dress unfortunately she paired them with heavy Brian Atwood ‘Harrison’ pumps.

Credit: Getty

Mia Wasikowska In Rodarte For Opening Ceremony - 2011 Independent Spirit Awards

Mia Wasikowska In Rodarte For Opening Ceremony – 2011 Independent Spirit Awards

Giuliana Rancic In Christian Siriano - 2011 Oscars

Giuliana Rancic In Christian Siriano – 2011 Oscars

18 Responses to More From The 2011 Independent Spirit Awards

1. Thomas Monks February 27, 2011 at 22:06 #

My best dressed of the whole event was Anne Heche so simple and she glowed

2. The Dame February 27, 2011 at 22:11 #

Beau and Amanda Peet look fabulous to me! And Leiv can be my lover any day!

3. Rachel February 27, 2011 at 22:15 #

Kerry Washington looks amazing!!

• Weber from Brazil February 27, 2011 at 22:28 #

she looks good
      but she’s getting way too skinny… and don’t know why, because she has a body to die for….
      plus I don’t like this straight hair with bangs… I’d rather a curly hair….

4. Jen February 27, 2011 at 22:30 #

okay, I did recoil in horror at Amanda Peet’s black tights with the floaty white dress, but on closer examination, the tights are swiss dotted, which makes them a little less insane.

5. Shaina February 27, 2011 at 22:34 #

Kerry Washington looks stunning! I love that dress.

6. K February 27, 2011 at 22:41 #

It has been really windy and cold in LA this weekend…the wind last night was crazy and apparently it was freezing in the tents of the award show (see Natalie Portman during the broadcast wearing both a jacket she brought with her and a parka she clearly was provided by someone). That would explain all the tights!

• Fashion Critic February 27, 2011 at 22:46 #

gotcha x

• Nat February 27, 2011 at 23:02 #

But why black? Nude would work.

7. Lily February 27, 2011 at 23:11 #

I’m so grateful that Nicole Kidman finally straightened out her hair situation (i.e., gone back to a being a redhead). She’s looked great on the red carpet ever since. ;)

8. Carla Williams February 27, 2011 at 23:15 #

Rosario Dawson must have hard-to-fit feet; she has the most dreadful shoe taste of any celebrity, I think. Her shoes always age her because she chooses the dowdiest styles.

9. Marvel February 27, 2011 at 23:16 #

Nicole is my fav. She looks amazing and I cant wait until Oscars

10. Nat February 27, 2011 at 23:17 #

Nicole Kidman – gorgeous (the colour, the fit). I want that dress! Kerry Washington certainly offers a variety of prints – a bit too many (as if bigger/smaller flowers aren’t enough, let’s throw leopard print in the mix) .

11. Taylor February 28, 2011 at 00:53 #

Loving Kerry’s look from head to toe…nice mix of prints. And Nicole has really stepped her game up.

12. HAUTESTUFF February 28, 2011 at 02:21 #

kerry washington gets my vote for best dressed! looove the leopard and floral combo!

13. Ethne Blist February 28, 2011 at 03:39 #

I love Beau’s look- the skirt is GORGEOUS.
    Sunrise’s dress is gorgeous, the shoes must go.
    Kerry is fab as usual.
    Anne looks perfect. I desire her dress on a July day with sandals
    I will never understand Amanda Peet’s weird, irrelevant style. She looks best in movies. Ouch, I know.
    Michelle- honey, I don’t get the tights, hire a stylist forever.

14. marian February 28, 2011 at 17:15 #

you could totally rock that d&g look – and it looks like your style to me. plus, she didn’t wear black or nude pumps. yay kerry! i like beau garrett’s look but the tank is just fitting poorly to me – close but no cigar. and the worst thing about naomi watt’s look is liev’s shoes — so distracting. i like nicole’s dress but actually not her shoes. i love anne heche’s dress and want to own it. and the gary graham dress is gorgeous – but sunrise did it no favors.

clearly, i had a lot to say.

15. Hannah February 28, 2011 at 20:10 #

Love Love LOVe Sunrise Ruffalo’s dress. It is so stunning, the shoes are hideous though. They looks liek paper bags. Beau garrett was my bst dressed of this page. I really love them as seperates, and together they work gorgeously. IT doesn;t hurt that she has a killer body too.