Hailee Steinfeld In Marchesa – 2011 Oscars

Self Design/Best Dressed Teen Award
Hailee Steinfeld couldn’t look more prefect if she tried tonight at the 2011 Oscars.

She made her dreams dress come true by sketching this dress which was later created by Marchesa.

The pale ballet pink crystal embroidered tulle tea length dress was paired with champagne coloured Ferragamo peep-toes and a silver Ferragamo clutch.

Hailee looks adorable and age appropriate like she has all awards season.

Credit: Getty

38 thoughts on “Hailee Steinfeld In Marchesa – 2011 Oscars

1. molly

She looks so lovely! This is so perfect for her her. On another note, does anyone else hate the backround for the carpet this year? I like the board with all the statues that they have always had….it made the gowns pop more…every thing is going to blend in tonight :(

2. Matt

The style of dress is a very different choice, especially for the Oscars. But I agree that it was the right choice for her, and she looks adorable.

3. Laura

I could kill Hailee (if she weren’t so cute) for getting the chance to design her own dress and have Marchesa make it. Perfect for a girl her age and perfect for the Oscars. She’s been one of my faves this award season.

4. Dorian Gray

The night is starting very well, hope it will go on this way! Good work FC, hope you’ll enjoy tomorrow’s Milan shows.

5. Sarah

this is PERFECTION! She look gorgeous for any age, this should really be considered for Best Dressed already. I love her and hope she wins tonight :)

oh and the shoes are fantastic as well :)

6. Sarah

I genuinely hope she follows a Dakota or Emma Watson path and doesn’t fall victim to the child actor curse because she’s a beautiful and intelligent young women!

7. Shaina

WOW. Her hair, makeup, and accessories are perfect. And this dress is so Hailee. I am falling in love with her style.

8. SkirtTheIssue

Gosh, she looks absoutely adorable! Despite loving Animal Kingdom, so wanting Jacki Weaver to win the supporting actress Oscar so the movie gets the recognition it deserves, I think Hailee was fantatstic in True Grit, and it would be very well deserved if she won the award- and best dressed!

9. Tahj

Her stylist should get an award or something because i’m telling you her stylist has done an excellent job every single time of picking appropriate but stylish outfits for her.

1. Peach

Fred Leighton diamond and platinum headband, with approximately 10 carats… THAT is wtf is “up” with the headband.

School dance? Not at the price of that gown, pal.

10. PamG

What a nice story – she got to design her own gown for her big night! She looks like a princess, and I guess that was her goal. Very cute.

11. mochababe73

What it must have been like to have Marchesa custon design a dress for you?
    I think that she looks so pretty. This has gone beyond cute.

12. Ethne Blist

I wish she went for a gown. She looks like a sugary confection. This is forgettable. This is what people want a 14 year old to dress like. It’s like sealing the fate of future teens who dress at the Oscars. Her dream dress was THIS? Of all the Marchesa designs??? But she does look doll cute ;)

13. candice

age appropriate. not sure about the leaf like adornments on the skirt of the dress though..

shoes are kind of iffy too.

but other than that she looks pretty good.

CC

14. nicky

i think she looks adorable and very age-appropriate! she has a very charming personality so her style never really goes real in my opinion

15. marian

i can’t believe she designed it herself — not in a mean way, just in a who has that kind of eye for shape at 14?? very impressive. i love tea length, i love this and other than just being totally over headbands, i’m very impressed. nice job hailee!

16. Hannah

I really love her, and although I had amillion and one dresses I had mentally picked out for her (primarily the dress Cate blanchett wore the the pink prabal gurung) I love what she wore. She has looked gorgeous and appropriate all awards season, andlets be honest only she can pull off this length at hte oscars.
    I adore her as an actress adn I love her manners, elegance, personality and intelligence in her interviews, so at least I can rest assured that if she doesnt make it as an actress, which I highly doubt due to her performance in true grit, she could be a great designer.
    Oh I love her, I cannot wait for her next film :) .

17. Sue Jin

Wow, she’s so lucky to have a dress she sketched made by Marchesa for her! What its a dream~~~ for many of us fashion lovers . She looks so cute and pretty. Hailee is becoming one of my favorites!