Lea Seydoux In Elie Saab Couture – 2011 Cesar Film Awards

Lea Seydoux wore my favourite look from the Elie Saab Spring 2011 Couture collection to the 2011 Cesar Film Awards in Paris last night.

The young French actress was nominated for Best Young Actress for her role in “Belle Epine.”

She looked breath-taking wearing fully-embroidered black gown, with stone-white lace empire-line bodice which cap sleeves.

Whilst not being keen on the white scarf draped around her arms, she does to justice to this stunning gown.

I had pictured it on someone older like Angelina Jolie or Marion Cotillard, but she as young as she is Lea manages to breathe old Hollywood glamour into this look.

Definitely a BDOTW contender.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Blumarine Fall 2011

Blumarine Fall 2011

Versace Fall 2011

Versace Fall 2011

15 Responses to Lea Seydoux In Elie Saab Couture – 2011 Cesar Film Awards

1. sara February 26, 2011 at 08:25 #

BDOTW??!!! You are joking?! Yes she looks “pretty” but wearing an Elie Saab dress is hard to not look pretty in. When you look at designers of that caliber, you have to look away from just the gorgeous dress and this dress isn’t doing anything amazing for Lea Seydoux. The girl is only 25 years old!!! I know you said you imagined it on someone older but it should have stayed on someone older. She actually makes the dress NOT look like Elie Saab and look like a cheap off the rack Bloomingdales dress department gown that a guest of a guest would be wearing. You are probably going to write back disagreeing completely as I know how much you worship the ground Elie Saab walks on (just as Perez does with Gaga), but honestly let’s just agree to disagree but she looks cheap and dowdy in my opinion.

• Incroyable February 26, 2011 at 09:04 #

I COSIGN THIS! I WAS FLOORED WHEN I READ “BDOTW Contender.” I expecting something along the line of “OMG she ruined Elie Saab”

• jami76 February 26, 2011 at 18:12 #

FC, this deserves a response!

• Fashion Critic February 26, 2011 at 18:53 #

All I have to say is that Sara is entitled to her opinion as we all are

2. Jones19 February 26, 2011 at 08:45 #

She looks nice. Nothing breathtaking going on here though.

3. Incroyable February 26, 2011 at 09:01 #

I totally disagree! Unless everyone else wears tissue as clothes this week, this has no chance of being BDOTW!
    The dress looked amazing on the runway, as any other Elie Sabb dress. But its absolutely wrong on Lea, it ages her decades! And the hair was also horrible for this already failing look.
    This dress belongs on a more mature (preferably post-menopause) celeb…
    This is a nominee for “Worst Age-Appropriately Dressed Of the Week”

4. Fiona February 26, 2011 at 09:37 #

I love this dress but I don’t think it quite works perfectly on Lea. The white scarf is a very bad idea, and her hair doesn’t help – an elegant updo and bold red lips was all she needed. It is a shame because now we are unlikely to see another star wear it better.

5. Elena February 26, 2011 at 10:22 #

I like it!! elegant, nice!!

6. adriana February 26, 2011 at 10:48 #

i loved this look!
    i completely agree with you FC .. she looks breath taking however it’s disappointing how not a lot of celebrities are wearing dresses form this collection
    i wonder why? you’d be crazy not too!!

• Fashion Critic February 26, 2011 at 12:15 #

I think they are selective who they loan too which I think is a good thing

7. mochababe73 February 26, 2011 at 12:31 #

I don’t know who this is, but she looks great in this dress. It highlights her small waist and her curves. The wrap is a little dated, but she looks good.

8. Alina February 26, 2011 at 12:45 #

I love this dress but I hate it on her. The hair is awful,she looks like she has no neck + the white scarf was a really really bad idea.

9. Tahj February 26, 2011 at 18:46 #

I love this dress too. I love black and white looks. The thing is it looks so much better on the model. Maybe because the model is not as curvy and wore her hair up. This dress would look its most elegant on someone like Keira Knightley.

10. Julia February 26, 2011 at 19:37 #

I totally disagree with you guys,

Lea looks amazing from head to toe, you should see some other pictures, I love this vintage look on her, it’s classy and fresh at the same time. She has great curves and it looks way better on her that on the model.

11. Emily February 27, 2011 at 00:00 #

Lea Seydoux looks really lovely, I love the dress, the hair and the makeup, it is her best look so far.