Michelle Trachtenberg worked an old Hollywood chic look at the Hollywood Domino 4th Annual Gala in LA last night.

Half the pleasure of red carpet dressing for me is confidence and attitude one gives, and Michelle is giving me plenty.

She glided down the red carpet wearing an Edition by Georges Chakra Fall 2010 dress.

I’ll admit I wasn’t a fan of this look on the runway, but Michelle makes me a believer.

The white crepe strapless dress has a chic black lace bodice and peplum detail.

Her pose, make-up, flawless porcelain skin and stunning ruby jewel sell this look.

MT completes her look carrying a Swarovski gold crystal Revival clutch.

BDOTW contender in my eyes.

Do you agree? I think this is the best she’s ever looked on the red carpet.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Olivia Munn In Thakoon - 'The Newsroom' Season 2 Premiere

Olivia Munn In Thakoon – ‘The Newsroom’ Season 2 Premiere

Elizabeth Banks In Versace - Tom Ford Beverly Hills Flagship Store Opening

Elizabeth Banks In Versace – Tom Ford Beverly Hills Flagship Store Opening

42 Responses to Michelle Trachtenberg In Edition by Georges Chakra – Hollywood Domino 4th Annual Gala

1. noo February 25, 2011 at 12:26 #

love heeeeer :D
    FC, did u get to see what Hofit Golan wore to that event? it reminded me of marchesa but i can’t be sure if it was
    !!!!!!!!

2. Maggy February 25, 2011 at 12:54 #

AWESOME!

3. Zarin February 25, 2011 at 12:55 #

She looks stunning. Her makeup and jewellery are perfection! BDOTW for sure.

4. Iris February 25, 2011 at 13:18 #

Love her in the close-up shot. But that white skirt doesn’t work for me…

• Leti February 25, 2011 at 14:45 #

I agree. She looks stunning in terms of her hair, makeup, and jewelry, and the bodice is lovely. She’s wearing the dress as well as it can be worn, but I’m not in love with the skirt combined with that bodice. I think they might go together better if the bodice were shortened somewhat because the proportions seem off to me.

• Alfie February 25, 2011 at 20:04 #

You’re right, I was thinking at first that she doesn’t have the height to truly own this dress but even on the model it seems a bit off. The bodice should be shortened .

• G February 25, 2011 at 16:43 #

Agree. Also, for some reason her earrings and lipstick are really clashing for me–I think a green or blue would have been much better.

5. Eva February 25, 2011 at 13:20 #

Definitely the best she’s ever looked. And certainly a BDOTW contender for me too. It’s such a “Dita von Teese-ish” look but looks really different on Michelle.

• noo February 25, 2011 at 13:54 #

i thought she was dita when i first saw it, it was weird but all i saw was the pale girl with red lipstick and a dramatic dress and then i realized who it was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• HM February 25, 2011 at 14:33 #

I was thinking of Dita too! This look is totally worthy of BDOTW!!!. Some young starlets (*choke*Vanessa/Miley/Lindsay*choke*) please learn from this…lol ;)

• Ally February 25, 2011 at 14:58 #

That’s exactly what I was going to say. I immediately though Dita when I saw this picture.

• Anna February 25, 2011 at 15:42 #

Ditto with Dita! Like a little sister! I like how she doesn’t make it feel too dress up box as well, which can happen with such period style dresses.

• mm February 26, 2011 at 00:21 #

I agree best i have ever seen her look!

6. Linda February 25, 2011 at 14:02 #

Yes, best she’s looked by far. Looks like she’s feeling pretty good in that dress.

7. Jamie Sanford February 25, 2011 at 14:28 #

This is definitely the best she’s ever looked – I can’t believe she’s all grown up! Definitely BDOTW!

8. dee February 25, 2011 at 14:56 #

BDOTW contender. She looks gorgeous.

9. Moxie February 25, 2011 at 14:59 #

Very old Hollywood glam. She looks older than she is, but still BDOTW nominee worthy, IMO.

10. E February 25, 2011 at 15:06 #

Stunning! She looks like a porcelain doll! BDOTW contender for sure.

11. Ethne Blist February 25, 2011 at 15:37 #

BODTW worthy for her. She used to be uncomfortable and unsure how to glorify her curves, but now she is confident and understands what works for her. I love her attitude and confidence.

12. D February 25, 2011 at 15:43 #

she topped dita, i never quite liked dita to be honest

13. molly February 25, 2011 at 15:51 #

Im not really a fan of this. Its pretty, but im not too impressed. I feel like shes too pale for this and the porportions are awkward. Its not a huge change from the model to her, but its just enough to not be quite right. But I do love the punch of color with those amazing earrings. And her hair and makeup is flawless. And finally, someone who knows that if you want to dress like a 40′s starlet, you have to pose like one too!

14. moja31 February 25, 2011 at 15:57 #

it’s a great dress, but on her it’s coming off a tad costumey. this would’ve been great on someone taller, curvier, and older.

15. Helen February 25, 2011 at 16:41 #

She looks much better than the model,her jewels are stunning!

16. LL February 25, 2011 at 16:48 #

I can see why you weren’t impressed on the runway, look at the model! She is so manly and totally not working the look.

17. currygirl February 25, 2011 at 18:05 #

I love Michelle, but I feel like this outfit and hair and makeup ages her quite a bit! She’s young, so for her to wear this and look like Dita, who is almost 15 years older than her, it’s not quite complimentary.

18. darien February 25, 2011 at 18:57 #

BDOTW!!!! :)
    Stunning!!

19. nina February 25, 2011 at 18:58 #

She looks really old Hollywood glam.I really like hair, make up, jewelry, but white skirt..no, I dont like it.

20. Nina February 25, 2011 at 19:21 #

WOW! She is our Fan Bing Bing. Porcelain doll. Definitely BDOTW!

21. perfumeorpoison February 25, 2011 at 20:55 #

definitely bdotw worthy.

22. alannah February 25, 2011 at 22:02 #

definitely the best shes ever looked.
    if i was being picky though i dont like the clash of colours between the earrings & her lippy colour.

23. mochababe73 February 26, 2011 at 00:41 #

Not feeling this. I like it from the neck up. All, I can think is that Dita would have worked this dress. Michelle just looks like a little girl playing dress up.

24. Amber February 26, 2011 at 01:27 #

Goodness does that age her! She needs a new stylist to help her accentuate her good points (of which she has many) and downplay her weaknesses.

25. Shaina February 26, 2011 at 02:43 #

BDOTW contender! If it weren’t for the confidence and fierce pose, I probably wouldn’t be this excited. But I can’t deny that she looks amazing.

26. Luiza February 26, 2011 at 03:05 #

I completely agree with you! BDOTW in my eyes too!

27. Lily February 26, 2011 at 07:08 #

It’s an interesting look, but the make-up turns the whole look into one that is a bit costumey. It feels like she should be in a Dracula movie.

28. Jones19 February 26, 2011 at 08:52 #

I like her but I’m not a fan of the skirt here. The bodice, hair and makeup are flawless though.

29. KateS February 26, 2011 at 09:49 #

I agree that it’s the best she’s ever looked on the RC. Hair, makeup, jewels, pose and (difficult) dress all come together in a good way here.

30. Saara February 26, 2011 at 09:50 #

This is not working for me. The white skirt looks out of place. I kind of wish this would be a mini dress.

31. Emi February 26, 2011 at 10:04 #

Beautiful from head to toe. This look ages a bit, but it’s obvious since it’s old Hollywood inspired. The dress looks better on her then on the model. I don’t wanna be mean, but she looks definitely better with long skirts because sometimes she wears short skirts but her legs are quite ugly. This is for sure her best look so far.

32. Mika February 26, 2011 at 12:18 #

The make-up is Gorgeous! But the dress for me is quite long for her… Its must be really hard to walk when u have a very long dress like that. The length of the dress ruins it for me…

33. SarahV February 26, 2011 at 18:04 #

Stunning girl, I think she looks awesome!

34. Lou February 27, 2011 at 20:17 #

She looks great – much better than the model. She is wearing the dress, rather than the pther way round (like the model!) This is how to bring a look to life!