Best Dressed Of The Week – Nicole Kidman In Jean Paul Gaultier Couture

We breathed a collective sigh of relief when Nicole Kidman hit the red carpet at the 2011 Grammy Awards this week.

The Nicole Kidman we all know and love was back.

Despite Lady GaGa’s egg, Nicki Minaj’s head-to-toe leopard Givenchy print and Katy Perry’s wings, we only had eyes for Nicole in Jean Paul Gaultier Couture.

This BDOTY worthy look definitely deserves a place in Nicole’s red carpet hall of fame.

Which other looks would you place in her Hall of Fame?

I would add her red Balenciaga gown as worn to the 2007 Oscars.

Credit: Getty

Julia Roberts In Valentino - 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Julia Roberts In Valentino – 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Who Wore Edition by Georges Chakra Better? Carrie Underwood or Sarah Harding

Who Wore Edition by Georges Chakra Better? Carrie Underwood or Sarah Harding

18 Responses to Best Dressed Of The Week – Nicole Kidman In Jean Paul Gaultier Couture

1. Hannah February 20, 2011 at 16:49 #

Definitely the Balecnciaga, and emilion pucci 2003 at cannes. She really suits colour, I wish she would wear it more!

2. SegioA February 20, 2011 at 16:54 #

the list is endless
    - the jean paul gaultier black dress at the oscars 2003
    -the yves saint laurent ruffled dress at the golden globes 2003
    -the pucci dress at the cannes film festival 2003
    -the gucci
    -the gucci sparkled dress at the MET 2003
    - the chanel dress at the 2004 oscars

she used to be sooooo iconic :(

• robbie February 20, 2011 at 20:55 #

i agree with every single one of these!

not if the gucci you mean the one she wore to the golden globes in 2005, if so then i definetely agree.

3. Andreea February 20, 2011 at 16:59 #

Love her !

4. Sophie February 20, 2011 at 17:07 #

Her chartreuse chinoiserie Dior couture gown worn to the Oscars in 97 is definitely my all time favourite look from her. Though I agree that this look and her red Balenciaga should be in her red carpet Hall of Fame. Maybe along with her Tom Ford for Gucci worn to the Costume Institute gala in 2003 and the black YSL Rive Gauche worn to the Cannes Film Festival in 2001

• CreoleLady February 20, 2011 at 22:01 #

Agree! Galliano for Dior, I believe. I have never forgotten that chartreuse gown, a difficult color and unforgiving silhouette but absolutely gasp-inducing on Nicole.

5. Thomas Monks February 20, 2011 at 17:08 #

agreed to the balenciaga and the gauliter from the year she won the oscar

6. noo February 20, 2011 at 17:34 #

i love the dior dress she wore to 1997 oscars and the gucci dress she wore to the 2005 golden globes.the balenciaga is definitely my favorite :D

7. Jones19 February 20, 2011 at 18:45 #

I’m so in love with this look. My old Nicole is back! So happy :)

8. nina February 20, 2011 at 21:27 #

Here is just few of her gorgeous looks:
    -1997.Oscar in Dior
    -2002. Oscars in chiffon dress Chanel Couture
    -2004.Oscars in Chanel Haute Couture
    -2005. Golden Globes In teal Gucci
    -2006. in white Balenciaga
    -2007. in red Balenciaga

• nina February 20, 2011 at 21:28 #

Last 2. are Oscars :-)

9. Dirk February 20, 2011 at 21:30 #

I was always a huge fan of this one from her Moulin Rouge premiere in Cannes.

YSL at the Golden Globes

I was never a fan of the 2007 red Balenciaga. The dress was alright, but she never looked more plastic that she did that night.

10. Stylista February 21, 2011 at 00:49 #

Here are my faves:

1. YSL Rive Gauche “mullet” dress from the Golden Globes. Loved the huge Indian earrings.

2. Galliano chartreuse gown from the Oscar. Loved the cut..the most elegant of all!

3. Gucci nude sparkly number from the MET gala! Loved the duster diamond earring

4. Light blue Chanel strapless dress from the Oscars!

5. Chinese vase inspired dragon dress from the Tony’s.

6. Pucci print dress from the Cannes opening. Beeeeautiful!

11. msd February 21, 2011 at 02:48 #

The chartreuse Galliano for Dior is the one I really remember. Back in the “olden days” of 1997 it wasn’t as common to see actresses in haute couture so this dress was really electrifying.

12. mimi February 21, 2011 at 04:20 #

I used to be in love with her fashion choices. I agree with all of the mentions but my all time favorite is Tom Ford for the Costume Institute Gala in 2003. That dress is one of the most beautiful dresses I’ve seen in my life.

13. Emi February 21, 2011 at 10:19 #

Oscars 1997: Dior
    Oscars 2000: (dolden) Galliano (maybe for Dior?, I don’t remember)
    Cannes 2001: YSL designed by Tom Ford
    Cannes 2003: Pucci
    Oscars 2004: Chanel
    Venice Film Festival 2004: Gucci
    Oscars 2006: Balenciaga
    Oscas 2007: Balenciaga

14. Jinni March 10, 2011 at 12:00 #

At last Nicole!..the pressure of waiting to exhale was unbearable! oozing beauty in that dress…Lovely X