19.02.11 Premiere

Diane Kruger In Chanel – “Unknown” Berlin Film Festival Premiere

Diane Kruger attended the “Unknown” Premiere during the 61st Berlin International Film Festival at the Berlinale Palace in Germany on Friday night.

As we expected the German actress looked divine wearing a Chanel Pre-Fall 2011 dress.

Her purple asymmetrical flowing dress with embellished sleeve and bodice detail looked stunning on her.

This dress didn’t immediately stand out as a red carpet look when it was presented. It wouldn’t have even made it on my wish list, but Diane sprinkles a bit of magic and we have a BDOTW worthy look.

Her hair was styled perfectly with soft curls and she finished her look with statement earrings, a black clutch and Gucci Kelis suede & python ankle-strap platform sandals.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Gwei Lun Mei In Burberry Prorsum - ‘Black Coal, Thin Ice’ (Bai Ri Yan Huo) Berlin Film Festival Premiere

Gwei Lun Mei In Burberry Prorsum – ‘Black Coal, Thin Ice’ (Bai Ri Yan Huo) Berlin Film Festival Premiere

L.A.M.B. Fall 2011

L.A.M.B. Fall 2011

17 Responses to Diane Kruger In Chanel – “Unknown” Berlin Film Festival Premiere

1. Shaina February 19, 2011 at 04:00 #

I feel like it doesn’t look as graceful as the model wears it. But that may just be because of the pose.

2. Ella February 19, 2011 at 04:17 #

I love this look! She looks so much better than the model. It has to be the hair ;-0

Definitely BDOTW. Is it just me….or is it going to be a difficult choice this week?

• CreoleLady February 19, 2011 at 11:20 #

Not just you at all. Supremely difficult to choose this week, no doubt!

3. Ethne Blist February 19, 2011 at 04:26 #

I love this look but I don’t like the black clutch. The Gucci shoes work!

4. Mary February 19, 2011 at 05:15 #

It’s a very beautiful dress! I do like the waist on the model better, however. It looks too high on Diane.

5. nicky February 19, 2011 at 05:29 #

definite bdotw!! she looks flawless. adore this look so much…
    diane said she loved this dress the first time she saw it on the runway so it was only about time she wore it.

6. Rita February 19, 2011 at 05:37 #

I just don’t understand how she can look so beautiful and stunning in every single dress she is wearing

7. Orchee February 19, 2011 at 05:59 #

As good as Diane looks, at times she and Blake Lively look completely interchangable/indeterminate in their Chanel.

8. Emi February 19, 2011 at 09:07 #

The dress is very beautiful and refined, but I agree about her high waist, a bit lower would have been better. I don’t like the black clutch, something gold or colored would have been definitely better. BDOTW contender, anyway, she looks adorable.

9. ayishaa February 19, 2011 at 09:42 #

Diane looks beautiful and I must say her shoe collection is to doe for.

10. let February 19, 2011 at 12:13 #

I am a little confused about the shoes.

11. mochababe73 February 19, 2011 at 13:57 #

I don’t like the dress. I am thinking that it’s the sleeves.
    Diane looks good, and I’m glad that she chose to wear sandals. It works with the flowy dress.

12. msd February 19, 2011 at 16:34 #

Well, it’s an empire line dress, which is supposed to cut in under the bust. It’s like that on the runway model too, Diane is just taller and is wearing heels…

This is styled much, much better on Diane in my opinion. She looks great, as usual.

13. Linda February 19, 2011 at 18:06 #

I don’t like this too much. She’s a little predictable. I did really like her Prada dress with the blue shoes eariler this week though.

14. Hannah February 19, 2011 at 18:43 #

She loosk spectacular. I really disliked the runway presentation, so I am glad she saw what I would consider a diamond in the rough. If she had worn the hideous and undeniable orthopedic runway shoes I may have cried.

• Michelle February 19, 2011 at 19:33 #

I agree — those ghastly orthapedic runway shoes look like blinged out Birkenstocks. *shudder*

As for Diane — I do believe this is the first time I have loved her look, I’ve always appreciated her unique style, but never really love what she wears, to be honest. Until this. The colour and flow of this dress is lovely. And her shoes? To die for. Love.

15. pipsqueak February 20, 2011 at 15:59 #

I want those shoes! Simple and sexy is the best.