18.02.11

Marchesa Fall 2011

I will never know how but Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig seem to top themselves every season.

Their Marchesa Fall 2011 presentation was every more beautiful than I had imagined. I wouldn’t be surprised if stylists were placing their Oscar selections immediately to secure the best looks.

Every piece had a quiet dramatic quality to it.

We saw lots of tulle, embellishment, mermaid hems, gothic romance and some looks could easily translate to bridal gowns.

If I had to pick one favourite look it’s the dress above. It’s such a shame that the shimmering embroidered details aren’t captured in a photo as it left me breathless.

Key accessories included Christian Louboutin heels paired with lace socks, Miriam Haskell custom accessories and Marchesa signature handbags.

Celeb attendees: Vanessa Hudgens, Eve, Michelle Trachtenberg, Olivia Palermo, Petra Nemcova, Irina Lazareanu and Tinsley Mortimer

Favourites: The embroidered gown with a tulle hem above and black sheer gown with white embroidery

Who I See Wearing This Collection: Kerry Washington, Camilla Belle, Diane Kruger, Olivia Wilde, Heidi Klum…the list is endless

[nggallery id=706]

Alexa Chung In Valentino - 2011 Elle Style Awards After Party

Alexa Chung In Valentino – 2011 Elle Style Awards After Party

Elisabetta Canalis In Roberto Cavalli - Sanremo Festival 2011

Elisabetta Canalis In Roberto Cavalli – Sanremo Festival 2011

10 Responses to Marchesa Fall 2011

1. Lala February 18, 2011 at 15:07 #

why didn’t you choose your favourite pieces ? do youy love all collection like me ;P ?

• Fashion Critic February 18, 2011 at 15:19 #

Yes I do love them all. I missed it out but I added it after

2. rebecca February 18, 2011 at 15:28 #

can you feature blake lively in the after party? i think you’ll really like it
    great blog btw!!! which lfw shows will you be attending? x

3. Paulo February 18, 2011 at 15:36 #

I would die if Nicole Kidman wears that gown. I remember when Marchesa first launched, the girls said that it would be their dream if Nicole Kidman wears one of their dresses and Nicole has yet, too!

Hopefully dreams will come true at the Oscars!

4. Lisa February 18, 2011 at 15:37 #

I can totally see Leighton Meester in the red one (pic 7)

5. Elise February 18, 2011 at 16:26 #

The collection looks wonderful as always.
    Do you mind if I use your picture for my blog ?
    I will of course credit you!

• Fashion Critic February 18, 2011 at 16:31 #

yes you can :)

6. Hannah February 18, 2011 at 17:37 #

Oh my goodness. The main photo is literally making me want to cry It has to be the standout piece from the fashion week. I hope someone (mostly Hailee Steinfeld, of course, or JEnnifer Lawrence) wears it to the oscars and does it justice! I am actually shaking.

7. molly February 18, 2011 at 21:58 #

These are all so amazing!
    Is the embroidered ball gown with feathers white or light green? I’ve seen other pictures of it where it looks green but the ones posted on Style.com show it to be white. Either way, its incredible. I love the vintage 1940′s hollywood vibe that in getting from this. Jennifer Lawerence would look incredible in that grey/blue one shouldered dress at the oscars. I cant wait to see these gowns on the red carpet!

8. june February 19, 2011 at 01:53 #

i actually think this isn’t their best collection at all. aside from that stunning red one you featured, their last collection was better for me ):