16.02.11

Monique Lhuillier Fall 2011

Monique Lhuillier’s Fall 2011 collection featured a lot more black than we’re used to seeing from the designer, but she did add brilliant pops of red and unexpected animal prints, plus nudes which shimmered with light embellishments.

We saw delicate fabrics like lace which gave the collection a very dark, sultry and seductive feel.

Black velvet bows nipped in the waist of most of the looks presented which included knitted cardigans with a peplum waist, feathered vests, pencil skirts, chiffon dresses, floral appliqué gowns, sequined gown and chiffon gowns.

Monique’s celebrity fans will be very happy that they have many red carpet options to select from this collection.

Front Row: Julia Stiles and Brittany Snow

Favourites: black one shoulder gown with gold stardust embroidery and the red floral ball gown

Who I See Wearing This Collection: Brittany Snow, Emma Roberts, Ginnifer Goodwin and Mandy Moore

Odeya Rush In Monique Lhuillier - 'Meet The Filmmakers' Event

Odeya Rush In Monique Lhuillier – ‘Meet The Filmmakers’ Event

Alice + Olivia Fall 2011

Alice + Olivia Fall 2011

8 Responses to Monique Lhuillier Fall 2011

1. Karen February 16, 2011 at 06:08 #

Some of her final gowns are very similar to Marchesa and Tadashi Shoji. I would’ve liked her collection more if it didnt remind me of another designers’.

2. Elle February 16, 2011 at 06:23 #

Absolutely gorgeous! The red dress deserves a red-carpet moment. I can also see Emily Deschanel wearing this collection.

3. lalala February 16, 2011 at 06:49 #

ohhh this is a very pretty collection :)

oh FC i’ve been dying to ask you, but i’ve been totally stalking(haha jk) your twitter lately and saw that you hung out with leightons stylist, did you by any chance get to meet her?
    if so do you know if she’s going to the Louis Vuitton show in Paris? since Marc does love her and all… :)

okay that was the little fan girl inside me LOL

• Fashion Critic February 16, 2011 at 13:40 #

No…He reached out to me after all the nice things I said about Leighton, now we’re besties :)

4. alexa February 16, 2011 at 12:31 #

Exquisite. I love the texture contrast between the velvet and the lace (and the silhouette with those nipped in waists is gorgeous).

I’m a sucker for bows. Definitely going to try to emulate this!

5. Rebecca February 16, 2011 at 16:06 #

Beautiful gowns, but I certainly hope no one emulates those awful hairstyles!

6. Naff February 16, 2011 at 16:26 #

very much well deserved to have red carpet moments. Love the black lace dress, i will feel sexy in it. :) Beautiful collection.

7. Hannah February 16, 2011 at 19:20 #

I think I am addicted to Hailee Steinfeld, because another da and yet another dress I would love her to wear for teh socars. MY original choice was the dress rihanna wore ot the brits by christian dior, then the beautiful pink prabal gurung, and now that gorgeous red dress with the applique and black bow.