Coco Rocha In Alexander McQueen – 2011 Elle Style Awards

Best Beehive Award
Coco Rocha was at the 2011 Elle Style Awards which were held in London on Monday night.

She was there to receive her ‘Best Model’ Award. This comes a few months after Marie Claire named her the model of the year for 2010.

The Canadian model looked ever-so regal wearing an Alexander McQueen Resort 2011 dress.

The cream lace dress was unfortunately paired with some questionable white shoes.

White shoes are like Kryptonite to me. It’s the one thing I can not stand. I dislike black pumps, but I hate white shoes in any form.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney - The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney – The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The Elle Style Awards?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The Elle Style Awards?

18 Responses to Coco Rocha In Alexander McQueen – 2011 Elle Style Awards

1. mol February 16, 2011 at 05:34 #

Heaven to me – including the white shoes (but then, I’m Canadian so perhaps it’s a bit of nationalistic pride in our beautiful Coco….)

2. jen February 16, 2011 at 05:34 #

what happened to all the favvvv models :(? they all seem to be gone from new york’s fashion week….

3. Maxie February 16, 2011 at 06:52 #

Hmm, I want to like it, but I can’t help thinking that if it were a few inches shorter it would look like an ice dancer’s dress made out of some brocade curtains. I love that she’s always interesting, though.

4. AL GIGA February 16, 2011 at 08:07 #

NOT ONLY WHITE SHOES, BUT T-STRAPS! TACKY!!!
    I AGREE WITH YOU! WHITE SHOES ARE FOR BRIDES AND HOOKERS ON THE STREET!

5. Leslie February 16, 2011 at 09:36 #

Lol I love your comparison with Kryptonite ! I feel just the same as you do. (Sometimes when I see girls with white boots, I want to yell at them for having such a bad taste ^^)

• Fashion Critic February 16, 2011 at 13:39 #

it’s cream, not white, but thanks for questioning my intergrity

• Amy February 16, 2011 at 15:33 #

Looks more of a blush/nude colour than cream.

6. Jones19 February 16, 2011 at 10:52 #

I love it from head to toe. I’m not a fan of white pumps but open white shoes like these I love.

7. robbie February 16, 2011 at 11:18 #

hmm not into the dress on her or her hair. the shoes are dodgy, i dont mind white shoes unless they are “hooker” style.

8. Amye February 16, 2011 at 12:25 #

I love this in the lookbook but hate how the bottom is flat on Coco, it doesn’t have the same impact. Also I think this looks abit more like a fancy coat than a dress.

9. Ethne Blist February 16, 2011 at 13:43 #

I white shoes are fine. Not that offensive. White shoes aren’t the end of the world FC! Black pumps are.

10. Alina February 16, 2011 at 15:38 #

She looks fierce.

11. mochababe73 February 16, 2011 at 16:11 #

I actually like the shoes. It’s the dress that I’m on the fence about. I actually like it on the model, but maybe it’s the way that CoCo is standing that I can’t see the skirt portion. The pleating actually looks flat.

12. Hannah February 16, 2011 at 19:25 #

Besides plimsoles, which are only to be used for exercise, certain wedding shoes, and one or two pairs of flat pumps I too detest white shoes. I am pretty sure it stemmed for something I saw in us weekly secrets of celebrity style 2005 which I read in 2005, so when I was 10 or 11 years old, hence why it stuck with me. They just make things look tacky.

13. KateS February 16, 2011 at 22:33 #

I also despise white shoes on principle, but I’ve seen worse than these.
    I’m not sure about the rest of the look, either, but this is possibly the least flattering photo of the beautiful Coco I’ve ever seen, so I’m willing to believe it worked in person and maybe other photos.

14. Phuketian February 17, 2011 at 03:10 #

This shoe for this look, I don’t say no.

15. D February 17, 2011 at 10:43 #

nice dress!! but not this hair! and make up etc