Thandie Newton In Louis Vuitton – 2011 Elle Style Awards

Best Use Of Print Award
Thandie Newton attends the 2011 Elle Style Awards in London last night.

She wore a Louis Vuitton Spring 2011 dress.

The purple printed low cut dress is a really bold look. I wasn’t sure if this collection would translate well off the runway, but every look so far has worked.

Thandie paired her dress black strappy sandals and a Sofia Coppola for Louis Vuitton gold clutch.

For once Thandie doesn’t get the perfect 10, as I’m not crazy about her accessories especially her heels.

Credit: Style.com & Fame Pictures

David Beckham In Ralph Lauren & Victoria Beckham In Alexander McQueen - Valentine's Day Date Night

David Beckham In Ralph Lauren & Victoria Beckham In Alexander McQueen – Valentine’s Day Date Night

Jenny Packham Fall 2011

Jenny Packham Fall 2011

18 Responses to Thandie Newton In Louis Vuitton – 2011 Elle Style Awards

1. dee February 15, 2011 at 22:34 #

It’s interesting how the colors look slightly different on her compared to the runway. I love everything except her bag and shoes. They don’t compliment the dress.

2. mol February 15, 2011 at 22:38 #

I don’t mind the bag but the heels don’t fit the outfit which is stunning, and Thandie looks, as per usual, simply gorgeous.

3. mochababe73 February 15, 2011 at 22:55 #

I agree about the shoes as well. However, I think that she looks very pretty. If I had that body, I would wear this dress.

4. nicknick February 15, 2011 at 22:55 #

i agree about the shoes, wrong for the dress, but everything else is pure glam, i love it on her!

5. couturecoco February 15, 2011 at 23:18 #

Oh dear the shoes! Should have gone for a strappy style in a colour not black otherwise lovely 70′s vibe.

6. Luiza February 16, 2011 at 00:00 #

I don’t like the shoes with this dress either! But she looks really good! This is how you show some skin in a sexy but classy way!

• Ethne Blist February 16, 2011 at 02:57 #

I agree. The gold clutch doesn’t offend me like the shoes do.

7. Jones19 February 16, 2011 at 00:09 #

I like the dress on her but the shoes and bag kill it.

8. anu February 16, 2011 at 00:50 #

Thandie might not have gotten a perfect 10 for once but she looks pretty perfect in a dress that could have gone so wrong.

9. Sharon February 16, 2011 at 01:12 #

I love the dress and Thandie looks just wonderful in it. But I’m with you, FC, about the accessories. Other colors – almost any other colors – would have been better.

10. Michelle February 16, 2011 at 01:26 #

This dress is awesome. The colours are divine. The cut and fit are perferction. And I’m the odd man out because I love the shoes. But no to the bag.

Thandie just exudes coolness.

11. Alicat February 16, 2011 at 01:56 #

Love the total look, even the shoes. Hair and makeup perfect.

12. Raquel February 16, 2011 at 02:42 #

The shoes are reaaaally bad, but she looks gorgeous, as usual.

13. Maxie February 16, 2011 at 06:50 #

Love it! Especially love her gorgeous pinky-purple lippy, and I really like the gold bag with it too. Gold sandals would have been better, but that’s a tiny niggle. Definitely BDOTW imo. Some people bring class to whatever they wear, like Thandie, and some people bring the opposite (cough Cheryl Cole in McQueen cough).

14. Naomi February 16, 2011 at 07:03 #

I love-love-love this dress on her! The hair and make-up are perfect and I was about to shout “BDOTW, PLEASE!” until I saw the shoes…. Why, Thandie, why? :(

15. robbie February 16, 2011 at 11:14 #

it would have been better if she wore gold strappy sandals instead of the black sandals but she looks gorgeous.

16. alexa February 16, 2011 at 12:42 #

I think Thandie is gorgeous, but (as much as I hate to join a lynch mob) this is not working. Not entirely her fault, as I find the dress dated to begin with (especially with that low-slung sparkly waist and garish daffodil print), but when you add those 90s-style shoes, it’s all over.

• KateS February 16, 2011 at 22:37 #

I agree – Thandie is beautiful as always, but the dress has a very beachy 70s vibe that I just don’t admire, and the accessories don’t breathe any life into it.