On Set With Leighton Meester Wearing Marchesa

On last nights episode of “Gossip Girl” titled “It-Girl Happened One Night”, Leighton Meester looked absolutely stunning.

She wore a Marchesa ivory silk chiffon gown with flutter sleeves, a cowl back dress decorated with silver floral embroidered details.

You would’ve instantly recognised it as the same dress Diane Kruger wore to the premiere of Inglorious Basterds during the 2009 Cannes Film Festival.

Leighton did also look amazing wearing this dress, but Diane owned it.

I still get a shiver when I see her wearing it.

Credit: Giovanni Rufino/ The CW & Getty

Mar Saura In Oscar de la Renta - Global Gift Gala

Mar Saura In Oscar de la Renta – Global Gift Gala

NYFW Day 5 - What I Wore Today

NYFW Day 5 – What I Wore Today

12 Responses to On Set With Leighton Meester Wearing Marchesa

1. Alèxia February 15, 2011 at 13:05 #

Leighton looks beautiful but she can’t do anything against Diane. She was perfection in that dress.

2. Jones19 February 15, 2011 at 13:11 #

Diane looks breathtaking…wow. I wish they’d put Leighton’s hair up more, she has it down 99% of the time on the show.

3. b February 15, 2011 at 13:22 #

I don’t like it on Leighton AT ALL.

Maybe it’s the hair and the dress just seems out of place for me.

Diane totally owns this look. She’s just so beautiful.

And please, some power that be at CW, please revamp Blair’s hair. It looks so limp and flat all the time. Bring back season 1 hairdresser asap!!

• .vanessa February 15, 2011 at 13:45 #

OMG!!!!! I totally agree!! Her hair in season 1 was great, full of volume, bouncy. Perfection. But since then it completely like you said “so limp and flat”. This can also be said for Serena’s hair. It used to be amazing but since the first season it has looked messy (not in a good way), unbrushed and just lazy.

I also agree that the dress looks better on Diane. Leighton looks great but it’s amazing on Diane.

4. roxana February 15, 2011 at 13:36 #

marchesa has the best dresses.

5. Hannah February 15, 2011 at 18:36 #

How very daring of the gossip girl stylsits! This dress is a recent iconic dress in my eyes, so to put it on gossip girl 2 eyars later is a little risky, I think it will look gorgeous on actualy TV, no teh hugest fan int eh picture. One thign that is beginign to get on my nerves about Blair is her hair and makeup. She seesm to have 2 hair looks: ‘classic’ updo and down and wavy, but not as lovely a full as it was in teh first 2 or so seasons. Her makeup is also very oen note, too subtle lashes, no lid colour, never a smokey eye and pretty average all in all. I think it is a shame really.

6. coco February 15, 2011 at 19:54 #

Amazing dress and Leighton can definitely pull it off.

7. anu February 15, 2011 at 22:14 #

this is one of my most favourite dresses of all time. im glad they showcased it on gg, but diane takes the cake!

8. Shaina February 16, 2011 at 00:35 #

The dress is so incredibly beautiful. Leighton looks amazing, but I agree that Diane set the bar pretty high in this dress.

9. mochababe73 February 16, 2011 at 01:46 #

I love it on Diane. Leighton is not ready for such a dress. Diane looks beautiful while she looks like she’s playing dress up.

10. Sharon February 16, 2011 at 01:54 #

Leighton looks good, but I think this dress definitely belongs on a blond. A blond just like Diane.

11. bianca July 20, 2011 at 23:53 #