Emma Watson In Hakaan – 2011 Elle Style Awards

Best Mini Dress/Stepping Out Of The Box Award
Emma Watson was in a much better mood on the red carpet at the 2011 Elle Style Awards which was held in London last night.

She was flirty and playful wearing a Hakaan Spring 2011 dress when she collected her ‘Style Icon Award.’

Her sleeveless dress had daring cut outs around the waist, which is a look we are not used to seeing from Emma.

Emma finished her look with nude Christian Louboutin Pigalle Plato pumps and gold bracelets.

Credit: Style.com & Fame Pictures

Preen Fall 2011

Preen Fall 2011

David Beckham In Ralph Lauren & Victoria Beckham In Alexander McQueen - Valentine's Day Date Night

David Beckham In Ralph Lauren & Victoria Beckham In Alexander McQueen – Valentine’s Day Date Night

32 Responses to Emma Watson In Hakaan – 2011 Elle Style Awards

1. Ethne Blist February 15, 2011 at 17:04 #

BDOTW nominee! what a new look for her! She usually doesn’t go for sexy. This is her kind of sexy.

2. Lianna February 15, 2011 at 17:05 #

She looks gorgeous and Happy!!

3. dee February 15, 2011 at 17:05 #

I like the dress on her but I wish she wore different shoes. Like sandals perhaps.

4. Hermione Weasley February 15, 2011 at 17:07 #

I don’t like anything from this look, but she’s really saving the situation with her attitude. I love when she feels/looks so confident (:

5. Tamia February 15, 2011 at 17:09 #

Hmmn this is ok but she doesn’t seem to know what her style is,she just darts from one style to another..the best dressed hands down was Thandie Newton who looked SO stunning in her Louis Vuitton..hope you’re having the best time in NY FC x

6. Jane February 15, 2011 at 17:10 #

FC, do you agree that Emma collected Style Icon Award?

• Fashion Critic February 15, 2011 at 17:28 #

Nah…not really.

• Ines February 15, 2011 at 22:03 #

Last year Kristen Stewart received the Style Icon Award so you know it said it all.

I like her look there but my favorite one is still the Chanel dress she wore at the BAFTA Pre Party and the After Party dress..

• Hermione Weasley February 15, 2011 at 22:22 #

Kristen won the Woman of the Year award, not the Style Icon one.

7. Marvel February 15, 2011 at 17:13 #

A very cute look for her but I think her make-up and hair if off

8. Kate February 15, 2011 at 17:23 #

Love it! She looks much better than at BAFTAs

9. anna February 15, 2011 at 17:25 #

emma looks amazing!
    oh gosh! i’m in love with this look!

10. robbie February 15, 2011 at 17:48 #

she looks good although a tad young to be getting a style icon award.

11. Olivia February 15, 2011 at 17:51 #

she looks nice, but this looks like tennis dress. and she put on weight, which i find sooo good!

12. ShoeGal February 15, 2011 at 17:52 #

I really dislike this look on her. I am not a fan of cutouts in general but when they don’t match your personality or style I REALLY don’t ‘get’ them. I also think it isn’t very flattering to her body. Makes her waistline look a bit wide. And I cannot express enough how much I wish she would let her hair grow out.

13. Tamara February 15, 2011 at 17:55 #

I think she was a great choice. She”s never predictable and always mixes it up. She looks great in that dress.

14. maria February 15, 2011 at 18:01 #

i love this dress and the entire look. I really like how she can wear sexy without making it look skanky.

15. Helen February 15, 2011 at 18:22 #

She brings sophistication to this sexy dress, I love it,other could so easily makes this look trashy.

16. Megan February 15, 2011 at 18:34 #

Style icon award.really?!?!?!?then again people like Kim kardashian are at the gloden globes and Cheryl Cole has won woman of the year awards!!!

17. unvacuous February 15, 2011 at 19:00 #

i don’t like this at all on her, makes her look like a figure skater. The slicked back hair not flattering, the short cut looks better combed forward with bangs. Also the dress in this shot makes her look thicker and more square-ish than she actually is, especially that neckline.

• Maxie February 15, 2011 at 19:22 #

Couldn’t agree more, she looks like a figure skater!

Apparently (Elle.com confirms it), when Vivienne Westwood was asked to present her with the “Style Icon” award she replied, “Who’s Emma Watson?”

I laughed like a drain when I heard that. Vivienne – who really IS a style icon – has it spot on. She’s just another young actress whose stylist occasionally picks something interesting, but is really a Chanel girl at heart. No edge. Certainly not an icon. Come back in ten years when you’ve actually developed a style of your own. Westwood is a style icon. Twiggy is a style icon. Kate Moss is a style icon. Audrey Hepburn is a style icon. Emma Watson is not a style icon. Utterly ridiculous.

• Lianna February 15, 2011 at 21:21 #

zzzzzzzzz

• Maxie February 16, 2011 at 06:41 #

You know, I see a lot of the same names on here posting the same gushing comments week in week out about the same stars. Do I post “zzzzzz” after their posts? No, I don’t, because that would be rude.

You have your opinion and I have mine.

• manja February 16, 2011 at 07:54 #

i agree 100% with everything you said Maxie

18. justme February 15, 2011 at 19:10 #

I only like the dress. She should’ve picked funkier shoes. I also don’t feel the slick back hair works here.

19. Jones19 February 16, 2011 at 00:16 #

The dress makes her look boxy and he hair is awful.

20. mochababe73 February 16, 2011 at 01:32 #

I am so glad that I am not the only one that thinks that she looks like a figure skater.
    I don’t like this at all.

21. Alicat February 16, 2011 at 02:02 #

She looks cute and sassy. Although she may not be a style icon (yet), at least she does try to be different by not wearing the predictable outfits of many other young actresses. By the way, the model looks hideous in this dress. Emma does it way more justice.

• Marisa February 16, 2011 at 10:34 #

Agreed! She looks very fit!

22. Anonymous February 16, 2011 at 02:45 #

Emma looks great. Much better than she did at the BAFTAs and the different dinners and parties associated with that event. She looked annoyed or miserable at those events.

23. let February 16, 2011 at 03:05 #

her face looks like younger Robbie Williams!!!!!!

24. pipsqueak February 16, 2011 at 05:27 #

Yay, finally someone famous and “legit” steps out in Hakaan! I fell in love with the label when I saw the spring collection, and have since anticipated to see it on the red carpet. I don’t know if I like this look on Emma, but she’s ok. Hopefully, more leggy young starlets will follow suit and drive Hakaan’s popularity. And perhaps Carine Roitfeld or Julia Roitfeld Restoin can help Hakaan.