Emma Watson In Hakaan – 2011 Elle Style Awards

Best Mini Dress/Stepping Out Of The Box Award
Emma Watson was in a much better mood on the red carpet at the 2011 Elle Style Awards which was held in London last night.

She was flirty and playful wearing a Hakaan Spring 2011 dress when she collected her ‘Style Icon Award.’

Her sleeveless dress had daring cut outs around the waist, which is a look we are not used to seeing from Emma.

Emma finished her look with nude Christian Louboutin Pigalle Plato pumps and gold bracelets.

Credit: Style.com & Fame Pictures

32 thoughts on “Emma Watson In Hakaan – 2011 Elle Style Awards

1. Tamia

Hmmn this is ok but she doesn’t seem to know what her style is,she just darts from one style to another..the best dressed hands down was Thandie Newton who looked SO stunning in her Louis Vuitton..hope you’re having the best time in NY FC x

1. Ines

Last year Kristen Stewart received the Style Icon Award so you know it said it all.

I like her look there but my favorite one is still the Chanel dress she wore at the BAFTA Pre Party and the After Party dress..

2. ShoeGal

I really dislike this look on her. I am not a fan of cutouts in general but when they don’t match your personality or style I REALLY don’t ‘get’ them. I also think it isn’t very flattering to her body. Makes her waistline look a bit wide. And I cannot express enough how much I wish she would let her hair grow out.

3. Tamara

I think she was a great choice. She”s never predictable and always mixes it up. She looks great in that dress.

4. Megan

Style icon award.really?!?!?!?then again people like Kim kardashian are at the gloden globes and Cheryl Cole has won woman of the year awards!!!

5. unvacuous

i don’t like this at all on her, makes her look like a figure skater. The slicked back hair not flattering, the short cut looks better combed forward with bangs. Also the dress in this shot makes her look thicker and more square-ish than she actually is, especially that neckline.

1. Maxie

Couldn’t agree more, she looks like a figure skater!

Apparently (Elle.com confirms it), when Vivienne Westwood was asked to present her with the “Style Icon” award she replied, “Who’s Emma Watson?”

I laughed like a drain when I heard that. Vivienne – who really IS a style icon – has it spot on. She’s just another young actress whose stylist occasionally picks something interesting, but is really a Chanel girl at heart. No edge. Certainly not an icon. Come back in ten years when you’ve actually developed a style of your own. Westwood is a style icon. Twiggy is a style icon. Kate Moss is a style icon. Audrey Hepburn is a style icon. Emma Watson is not a style icon. Utterly ridiculous.

1. Maxie

You know, I see a lot of the same names on here posting the same gushing comments week in week out about the same stars. Do I post “zzzzzz” after their posts? No, I don’t, because that would be rude.

You have your opinion and I have mine.

6. justme

I only like the dress. She should’ve picked funkier shoes. I also don’t feel the slick back hair works here.

7. mochababe73

I am so glad that I am not the only one that thinks that she looks like a figure skater.
    I don’t like this at all.

8. Alicat

She looks cute and sassy. Although she may not be a style icon (yet), at least she does try to be different by not wearing the predictable outfits of many other young actresses. By the way, the model looks hideous in this dress. Emma does it way more justice.

9. Anonymous

Emma looks great. Much better than she did at the BAFTAs and the different dinners and parties associated with that event. She looked annoyed or miserable at those events.

10. pipsqueak

Yay, finally someone famous and “legit” steps out in Hakaan! I fell in love with the label when I saw the spring collection, and have since anticipated to see it on the red carpet. I don’t know if I like this look on Emma, but she’s ok. Hopefully, more leggy young starlets will follow suit and drive Hakaan’s popularity. And perhaps Carine Roitfeld or Julia Roitfeld Restoin can help Hakaan.