Menu

14.02.11

Lea Michele In Emilio Pucci – 2011 Grammy Awards

Try Hard Award
The only thing I liked about Lea Michele’s look on the red carpet at the 2011 Grammy Awards was her make-up and her bracelet.

Everything about her screamed ‘try hard.’

I thought she’d taken it down her ‘try hardiness’ a few notches but it was in full effect last night.

Her Emilio Pucci dress is gorgeous, but it deserved to be worn by someone taller.

The ruffles on the shoulders made it look like her shoulders were hunched.

I also hated her triple stacked platform heels and the desperate way she forced her leg out of the split.

Nil points.

Credit: Getty

Nicki Minaj In Givenchy Couture - 2011 Grammy Awards

Nicki Minaj In Givenchy Couture – 2011 Grammy Awards

Miley Cyrus In Roberto Cavalli - 2011 Grammy Awards

Miley Cyrus In Roberto Cavalli – 2011 Grammy Awards

26 Responses to Lea Michele In Emilio Pucci – 2011 Grammy Awards

1. Alyssa February 15, 2011 at 14:39 #

i need her to stop making that face.

• Shaina February 16, 2011 at 00:11 #

Agreed.

2. Jones19 February 15, 2011 at 13:29 #

I think this dress looks so interesting despite being black. I just hate the fact that she wore her hair down and covered the awesome shoulders on the dress.

3. ohno February 15, 2011 at 09:18 #

it’s not the first time that Lea has let a pretty dress down. She does not have the right look, the right height nor the right aura. It would have looked nice on Diane Kruger or someone else who can pull it off with more class.

4. Sue Jin February 15, 2011 at 04:12 #

I have to agree with you. I didn’t like this look at all. The shoe, the hair, and the makeup were just not flattering. The dress didn’t fit her well either. You’re right, it would fit someone taller.

5. molly February 14, 2011 at 22:42 #

This is all worng. I love the dress, but she doesnt wear it right. She needs to be taller to pull this off. And the front is WAY to open. If it were more closed, i wouldnt mind. The hair could have been saved with a ponytail, and the lip stick is too red. And I hate that “Sex vixen wannabe” pose. Shes trying too hard.

6. Lou February 14, 2011 at 20:50 #

He he he …. So nice to hear, that I wasn’t the only one to dislike the leg-posing.

7. mochababe73 February 14, 2011 at 20:05 #

I like the dress. But, she did try a little too hard with the leg sticking out. The dress deserved better shoes.
    I really liked the lipstick and her bracelet.

8. Hannah February 14, 2011 at 19:51 #

I’m not sure if you watched live from the red carpet, FC, but it was even more overwhelming there.

9. Marvel February 14, 2011 at 19:27 #

The dress is kinda bad but Im glad she tried to do something differ…

Oh even I cant sugarcoat how terrible this look is

10. Katey February 14, 2011 at 18:17 #

She wore Christian Louboutin Daffodile pumps.

11. Ev February 14, 2011 at 17:39 #

I actually quite like it, although I have a soft spot for Lea. I wish the dress was worn by someone taller, but other than that this look on her is fine with me. Maybe I would prefer a different shoe though, these look so heavy. Regarding her attitude – it’s better than no attitude at all (hello, Camilla Belle). Second, it’s Grammy’s, so everybody is going a little bit crazy 🙂

• KateS February 14, 2011 at 23:09 #

I feel the same, but without the soft spot for Lea – I neither like nor dislike her, which is pretty much how I feel about this outfit, too. But it’s the grammy’s – not exactly a festival of good taste!

12. Courteney February 14, 2011 at 17:25 #

Her dress is pretty but I wish she would have worn strappy sandals, not pumps. Her make-up and hair were off. It’s a mix of too much going on and too little going on.

13. lily February 14, 2011 at 17:18 #

Totally agree with u FC.. I wrote the same thing to comment another pic on another web.. she’s even try to hold the dress aside so people can see her leg.. total disappointment..

14. robbie February 14, 2011 at 16:44 #

poor lea always trying to be fierce, stick to the bubble gum pink and baby blue darling! this dress would have been lovely only someone taller, like rihanna! also those heels, arent people happy enough with one platform why do designers need to do 2 and 3 platforms, its not stripper shoes they are meant to be making. also her tan isa bit dodgy, it might be the picture but her arm from the elbow down looks lighter than the rest.

15. Laura February 14, 2011 at 16:41 #

I actually liked the dress, but the posing killed it. The makeup was really amazing though. Shout out to Melanie Inglesias her makeup artist.

16. Alina February 14, 2011 at 16:39 #

I agree with you. This is to try hard + the hair is awful.

17. Charlotte February 14, 2011 at 16:32 #

I don’t think she looks too bad! I actually think the dress is quite pretty. If Blake can get away with it, then how come Lea can’t?

And she is a broadway star which means she will naturally be a bit over the top. And perhaps she is just trying to shed her alter ego, Rachel Berry in a similar way they Leighton tried to prove she wasn’t Blair Waldorf.

I like seeing Lea as a diva. And honestly, the only thing i don’t like here is the shoes as they look too heavy!
    xo

• Alèxia February 14, 2011 at 17:23 #

FC said the dress “deserved to be worn by someone taller” so maybe that’s the problem.

• Charlotte February 14, 2011 at 18:23 #

but is there anything wrong with a bit of attitude? Remember when Megan Fox showed a lot of leg in that purple gown when promoting Transformers? And all she received is praise. Lea is doing something similar and I believe she deserves a bit of praise for effort.

18. Paulo February 14, 2011 at 16:31 #

I absolutely agree with you FC! Every single picture of her last night is with her trying to desperately show off her leg.

19. Ethne Blist February 14, 2011 at 16:28 #

I don’t like her face pose. You pose with your body- not your face. I don’t like sexy Lea Michelle.

20. Alèxia February 14, 2011 at 16:24 #

I totally agree with you. This is probably the worst Lea has ever looked. Not because of the dress, but because of the rest: The hair is a big blah, shoes are boring, red lips don’t suit her and she doesn’t have the right attitude.
    It’s a shame, because it’s such a beautifu dress but she isn’t doing any justice to it.

21. Incroyable February 14, 2011 at 16:14 #

That’s exactly what I thought when I saw her on the red carpet yesterday. She’s NOT the vixen she so desperately wants to be.. smh

22. hsua February 14, 2011 at 16:13 #

i think that she look gorgeous !! amazings shoes