13.02.11

Jennifer Lawrence In Stella McCartney – 2011 BAFTA Awards

Most Disappointing Award
Jennifer Lawrence was surprisingly not nominated, but she still took the red carpet at the 2011 BAFTA Awards which is being held in London tonight.

The “Winter’s Bone” Oscar nominated actress opted for a British designer by wearing a Stella McCartney gown.

I love the embroidered detail her corseted navy gown, but I fear the dress is hanging too low.

If I was her I’d hoist it up a bit.

The whole look as a very romantic with the loose wavy updo, but I don’t like the choker.

It cheapens the look a bit for me.

Credit: Stephen Butler/Bafta / Rex Features/Rex Features/ZUMAPRESS.com

Thandie Newton In Monique Lhuillier - 2011 BAFTA Awards

Thandie Newton In Monique Lhuillier – 2011 BAFTA Awards

Noomi Rapace In Givenchy Couture - 2011 BAFTA Awards

Noomi Rapace In Givenchy Couture – 2011 BAFTA Awards

32 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In Stella McCartney – 2011 BAFTA Awards

1. Catriona February 13, 2011 at 21:39 #

She presented an award.

I really didn’t like it – the choker is very 1990s and I agree, it’s definitely too low.

2. Laura February 13, 2011 at 21:40 #

Don’t love how low it’s hanging. Don’t like the bottom of the dress. HATE the choker. A huge disappointment and by far the worst she’s looked this awards season. I hope she looks far better at the Oscars.

3. Elle February 13, 2011 at 21:42 #

Usually I like her choices, but not this time(

• Lianna February 13, 2011 at 21:50 #

me too :(

4. Marvel February 13, 2011 at 21:42 #

The hair is too messy and the choker looks ridiculous and also the bust is too low. Her film didnt get realised in the UK for it have been considered for a nomination.

5. Lily February 13, 2011 at 21:46 #

I’m not a fan of this look. Besides the obvious fit problems, she looks like a saloon girl.

6. noo February 13, 2011 at 21:49 #

i feel like she had good intentions but the hair is frizzy, the choker and dress are from a different era! im so disappointed, i really expected much more from her :(

7. molly February 13, 2011 at 21:52 #

Its too low. She looks like shes at the Burlesque premiere. And I hate that choker. I also am not fond of the hair. This could have been so much better had the dress been higher and had better hair.

8. Jones19 February 13, 2011 at 21:52 #

No no no way too low hanging and that choker needs to go.

9. Rahel February 13, 2011 at 21:57 #

I think she’s trying to be the sex bomb. After all she’s one in the next X-Men movie.

I disagree with the hoisting up. It would cheapen it even more.

10. Ethne Blist February 13, 2011 at 22:01 #

I don’t like the gown. It doesn’t do anything for anyone. It is just an air sack of black. I say she is worst dressed.

11. Linda February 13, 2011 at 22:03 #

This is a one-off, I’m hoping. That choker is so terrible and the fit of the dress is ridiculous.

12. robbie February 13, 2011 at 22:36 #

looks like a cheap fancy dress costume and that choker wtf is up with that?

13. msd February 13, 2011 at 22:40 #

Yikes! The choker is awful, the hair is a mess and the dress is ten seconds away from a wardrobe malfunction. Why wasn’t it customised for her?

14. Kaylie February 13, 2011 at 22:44 #

She looks like a Playboy bunny at a Halloween party.

15. Hannah February 13, 2011 at 23:24 #

This is her worst lok so far, that beign said, she still looks gorgeous. I think the cups are too big as opposed to it hanging too low. I also hate the necklace, but it just wwould’ve looked SO naked without something, a neclace obviously would’ve been prefered. To be honest, al i see is the gown and the gorgeous clutch when i look at the long photo.

16. KateS February 13, 2011 at 23:31 #

The wild west saloon reference is so obvious that it’s even drowing out the 90’s flashbacks I usually get from chokers. Bad all round.

17. Raquel February 14, 2011 at 00:07 #

Not a fan and how low it’s hanging is even worse than the choker for me. But far more experience red carpeters have done far worse, so I give her a pass.

18. Shaina February 14, 2011 at 00:21 #

If i wasn’t for the wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen, this would be perfect.

19. Stephanie February 14, 2011 at 05:09 #

Its definitely too low on the bust line. Jennifer had looked so beautiful at the Globes and at the Oscar lunch this was a little disappointing. Rachel Zoe usually styles her but because she is about to pop maybe she styled herself this time? I don’t think Rachel wouldn’t let her go out like this. btw, Love this website!!!

20. Andreea February 14, 2011 at 08:28 #

What’s with the choker and the hair?Horrible ! I like the dress,but it’s not her style.

21. Marisa February 14, 2011 at 14:52 #

lol
    shame!

• Katnisslvr August 4, 2012 at 21:32 #

i feel bad for her…………..she is so sexy but she needs low v-necks thats as far as she can go. Her stylists NEED to WAKE UP!! She can pull of the lowest v-neck put her in that next times!

22. Alina February 14, 2011 at 17:58 #

The look reminds me of a Western girl.

23. sigh February 15, 2011 at 05:50 #

Oh dear – looks like she is going to my 1996 school graduation dance.

24. pipsqueak February 15, 2011 at 06:34 #

She’s probably too busy for this gown. I like her and the gown separately, but together … she looked like a girl whose job is to look pretty on stage and hand out trophies at the award ceremony, like Miss Golden Globe.

25. Helen February 15, 2011 at 10:56 #

I hate the choker and the make up isn’t the best ,it could have worked if these two elements were changed.

26. Mag February 15, 2011 at 17:04 #

She can’t hoist it, the bustier is simply too small to fit her twins. (The same with Alba’s BAFTA dress). Most stars, stylists and dressmakers still think D cup is a big cup regardless the band size and their twins spill out.

27. serenissima February 18, 2011 at 15:00 #

shes definitely one gust of wind away from a wardrobe malfunction

28. furrywookie23 June 8, 2011 at 09:48 #

I admit a wardrobe malfuntion almost appears inevitable, but withregards to all the criticism, you folks have got to be kidding! she looks 11/10 in this pic. absolutely stunning! I’m in love/”Please marry me Michelle” stunning! what a gorgeous woman, in an amazing, gorgeous, sumptious, sexy dress, accented with a hot choker. Dynamite. What a babe. She can dress like this forever as far as I’m concerned.

29. Daria Campbell August 21, 2011 at 15:19 #

I think it is a fabulous look, so I must disagree with the lynch mob here

30. Katnisslvr August 4, 2012 at 21:30 #

She has the hottest styles and outfits……………..but this time her stylists had a bad choice she would have look better in a onde shoulder and she should pull it up. She usually has amazing styles just this once she did it wrong (amazing styles like her interview dresses and premieres and her oscar 2011 dress).