13.02.11

Hailee Steinfeld In Miu Miu – 2011 BAFTA Awards

Most Consistent Award
Our favourite red carpet newcomer of the year Hailee Steinfeld attended the 2011 BAFTA Awards in London this evening.

She wore a Miu Miu black ricamo duchesse dress with a crystal embroidered bodice and peplum waist.

The magpie in me loves the detail.

I was going back and forth with the length of the skirt.

Is it too long?

Is is aging her?

But I’ve concluded that it’s event appropriate and yet another perfect look from the young actress.

She completed her look with a low bun and a Miu Miu lavender duchesse clutch.

Credit: Richard Young/Bafta / Rex Features/Rex Features/ZUMAPRESS.com

Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann - 2011 BAFTA Awards

Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann – 2011 BAFTA Awards

Bonnie Wright In Clements Ribeiro - 2011 BAFTA Awards

Bonnie Wright In Clements Ribeiro – 2011 BAFTA Awards

24 Responses to Hailee Steinfeld In Miu Miu – 2011 BAFTA Awards

1. fashion-mommy February 13, 2011 at 23:38 #

Hated the granny bun. The length would be better longer or shorter, this is far too sophisticated for a 14 year old. Tilda Swinton could carry of that length…Haillee doesn’t.

2. Laura February 13, 2011 at 23:39 #

Love the top but I think the bottom is too long. Shorter would’ve been more age-appropriate. But I love how she’s really been mixing it up on the red carpet.

3. Luiza February 13, 2011 at 23:40 #

love it!

4. Pam February 13, 2011 at 23:44 #

She looks very cute! I think because she is SO young, she can pull this look off without being aged. If she were in her 20′s, perhaps it would have been a problem.

5. Hannah February 13, 2011 at 23:50 #

I actually got into trouble with the mother for scraming ‘miu miu!’ whien I saw her on tv! ‘Twas well worth it, though. I adore this. I am ALL about her bold choices, this one in my eyes is jsut as bold as the fuschia and orange striped prada, but just as beautiful. I lvoet he skirt length, but I am really REALLY holding out hope she goes super fun again for the osars. My heart still beats faster when I think about her in prabal gurung – that was truly her best moment so far, I hoep she goes back to simplicity, she pulls it off so, so well.

6. Ella February 13, 2011 at 23:57 #

This is the first look I am not too sure on…..it doesn’t age Hailee and she still looks fabulous. Just don’t know how much I like it.

I do love her hair and make-up however!

7. Raquel February 14, 2011 at 00:00 #

Yes, the problem is the lenght of the skirt. It’s like a inches over her ankles, which has to be the most unflattering lenght for skirts ever. Persoanaly I think that had the skirt been knee lenght, or a couple of inches over the knee,it would have been perfect.

8. Raquel February 14, 2011 at 00:01 #

Ooops, forgot to say someting. I don’t like the nude slip under the top. I think a black one would have looked better, though I’m not sure it would have been to grown up for her…

9. Leila February 14, 2011 at 00:04 #

i don’t like it on her.. she already looks grown, why would she wear that, the hair and the whole outfit are very sophisticated for a 14 year old… this is a no for me

10. Jones19 February 14, 2011 at 00:07 #

I’m torn on the skirt length but I love the top!

11. msd February 14, 2011 at 00:08 #

The top is beautiful and she looks very sophisticated but the combination of the bun and the long skirt does age her a bit. Personally, I would have had one or the other, not both, ie. long skirt with more girlish hair or kept the bun but shortened the skirt.

12. Shaina February 14, 2011 at 00:11 #

I do think it’s a little too long, but either way she looks fantastic!

13. Kaylie February 14, 2011 at 00:37 #

Wow, she looks amazing! She carries herself really well. Totally owns all of her looks… and they aren’t the easiest looks to pull off!

14. moja31 February 14, 2011 at 00:48 #

it’s a smidge too long, 3 inches shorter and it would have been perfect. the hair is a bit too severe as well, if anything that’s the part that ages her.

15. Ethne Blist February 14, 2011 at 00:55 #

The top is fab but the skirt and BORING BLACK PUMPS are anything but “a perfect looks from Hailee.” This look isn’t perfect. The only thing that isn’t boring and cliche is the top. This isn’t appropriate. A Marchesa cocktail origami dress or a simple yet chic/cute gown would have been great.

16. Sharon February 14, 2011 at 06:50 #

I think it may be a little too grown up for a 14-year-old, but something about her reminds me of a young Audrey Hepburn.

17. Andreea February 14, 2011 at 08:22 #

I love this outfit and she looks so cute in it.The skirt would’ve looked better if it stopped above the knees.

18. Victoria February 14, 2011 at 10:05 #

“Is it too long?

Is is aging her?”

Yes and yes. :( Loved the top half, didn’t like the bottom, a wee bit mature and too old for her to pull off.

19. Marvel February 14, 2011 at 10:48 #

Nice enough look but I dont like the vest underneath and I wish she would have went for a gown

20. robbie February 14, 2011 at 10:48 #

aging her ALOT, really dont like this look and really dont get the fuss over her.

21. Mandy February 14, 2011 at 12:44 #

She usuallg does better. This is a miss for me. She’ll do better for the Oscars I know it.

22. Alina February 14, 2011 at 17:38 #

She looks chic!

23. mochababe73 February 14, 2011 at 20:42 #

It’s not age appropriate. Hailee should have worn something else as this is more for a woman than a teenaged girl. All I keep thinking is how good this would look on Nicole Kidman.

24. KateS February 14, 2011 at 23:26 #

This is the first of her looks I haven’t really loved – just a smidge too old and dowdy. Face and smile are as lovely as ever.