Emma Watson In Valentino Couture – 2011 BAFTA Awards

Smile, You’re Wearing Couture Award
Emma Watson graced the red carpet on her home turf at the 2011 BAFTA Awards in London tonight.

She looked beautiful wearing a Valentino Spring 2011 Couture gown. The first to wear a look from this recently presented collection.

Whilst her one shoulder ruffle and pleated floral print gown is stunning, I wish she looked like she was happy to be on the red carpet. Her energy was very low.

Gold statement earrings and gold heels completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Richard Young/Bafta / Rex Features/Rex Features/ZUMAPRESS.com

Amy Adams In Elie Saab - 2011 BAFTA Awards

Amy Adams In Elie Saab – 2011 BAFTA Awards

Emma Stone In Lanvin - 2011 BAFTA Awards

Emma Stone In Lanvin – 2011 BAFTA Awards

45 Responses to Emma Watson In Valentino Couture – 2011 BAFTA Awards

1. Hermione Weasley February 13, 2011 at 22:33 #

Love the dress. Hate make-up & hair :/

2. Jen February 13, 2011 at 22:34 #

She looked quite happy when she was up there with J.K. Rowling. Love, love, love her gown.

• Liz February 14, 2011 at 04:07 #

Me too! She looked gorgeous!! Absolutely stunning.
      The paparazzi were being quite nasty to Emma during the Pre-Bafta parties, so she was probably still upset about that.

She was very happy when she was with her fans and during the show.

3. Laura February 13, 2011 at 22:35 #

This is such a floaty, feminine dress that she needed to smile and lose the attitude for the dress to look right. It kind of ruins the whole look. I still like it, but I don’t love it.

• Ethne Blist February 13, 2011 at 22:38 #

I agree. The gown is gorgeous but at the same time meh on Emma.

• KateS February 13, 2011 at 23:25 #

I agree – even the dress looks sort of flatter and duller when it’s worn with a drab attitude.

4. Hannah February 13, 2011 at 22:37 #

The dress was stunning, especially the sweeping train. However I do agree with you- I wish she had smiled a little more…I mean, she was wearing Valentino Couture!!!

5. robbie February 13, 2011 at 22:41 #

love the dress just not on her! she looks depressed which just makes the dress look so blah.

6. molly February 13, 2011 at 22:42 #

Im in love with this dress. It looked really weird on the runway so im so glad it translated to the red carpet so well. I dont like the makeup though. And all the pictures I saw of her smiling, she looks stunning.

7. Maxie February 13, 2011 at 22:43 #

I haven’t seen one picture of her smiling all weekend, not just at the BAFTAs, but at the pre-Bafta parties too. I think I’m having a Kristen Stewart flashback.

The hair looks flat and lifeless too.

This was not a vintage BAFTAs, unfortunately. Well done to Colin Firth, much deserved, but the star wattage was very low and everyone seemed quite depressed. Perhaps they all knew they had no chance of winning anything against The KIng’s Speech. Oh, apart from Thandie Newton in Monique Lhuillier, glowing as always.

8. Ines February 13, 2011 at 22:45 #

I am not loving the look.. I think that for once her short hair didn’t flatter the look. She slouched a lot too and didn’t smile/pose much..I also believe the dress was too long for her..couldn’t they have shortened the train and stuff a little bit?
    All in all she looked nice but not mind blowing like the HP premiere or maybe in her Chanel dress 2 nights ago(?)

9. Kaylie February 13, 2011 at 22:47 #

Yeah I wonder why she was so moody. She usually isn’t. Love the dress, but her eye makeup looks horrible in close-ups. It makes her look cross eyed or something. I don’t like it.

10. Lina February 13, 2011 at 22:51 #

I don’t really know what went wrong with this look. Emma is stunning, the dress is stunning and the shoes are lovely, but something is missing. She is slouching, not smiling and the dress looks like it overwhelmes her. I could have been best of the night, but it just turned out blah…have to say I’m dissapointed, she usually delivers and looks so happy on the red carpet.

11. anna February 13, 2011 at 22:55 #

oh I love emma’s style.
    this valentino dress is amazing!
    she looks beautiful, but i wish she looked happier and her posture were better.

if I were her i’d be laughing out loud with the idea of sitting next colin firth!

12. Sylvia February 13, 2011 at 22:58 #

Gorgeous dress! Hair could have been better, however i like it

13. Fashion Autopsy February 13, 2011 at 23:00 #

She looks terrible.
    Then again, so is most of that Valentino collection.

14. Hannah February 13, 2011 at 23:16 #

I really hated this dress on Emma. She jsut looks ot slumpy and teenage angst-y. I detest her hair, possilby more than ever here. I think this dress is hideously unflattering on ehr too. She looks short, unevenly proportioned (short legs), like she has a large bottom half, and like her arms are huge and long. We all know she doesn;t ahve this figure, so why look like she does? The way the dress is trawling behind her kinda sums it up for me: pretty sad.

15. Lianna February 13, 2011 at 23:20 #

Gorgeous!

16. Pam February 13, 2011 at 23:26 #

This isn’t the most flattering dress on Emma. I agree with those who said dress = beautiful, Emma = beautiful, together = not so great.

• Pam February 13, 2011 at 23:29 #

Oh, and in terms of Valentino one-ruffled shoulder dresses, I prefer Jessica Alba’s red look.

17. Jones19 February 13, 2011 at 23:35 #

Oh girl looks tired. Poor thing, that dress is divine but she looks like she wants to go home and crawl under the covers.

• Giuseppi Giraffe February 14, 2011 at 00:16 #

That’s what i think too- she’s so lovely, so is the dress, but maybe she could use a cup of coffee.

18. justme February 13, 2011 at 23:48 #

The dress is pretty but her posture and make-up are pure catastrophes.

19. msd February 14, 2011 at 00:15 #

This doesn’t work on her at all. Maybe if she’d stood up straight it would have had a chance but I think it’s the kind of dress that needs someone taller.

20. Liz February 14, 2011 at 04:09 #

I feel the need to point out. That it doesn’t help that the fashion critic chose the one picture where Emma is both slouching and frowning. There are TONS of better pictures in which Emma is both smiling and standing up straight. Just sayin’

• Fashion Critic February 14, 2011 at 04:18 #

every picture at the time I put this together was the same

• Sharona February 14, 2011 at 08:50 #

No, there aren’t. I have seen NONE in which she isn’t slouching and looking miserable. Don’t know where you’re getting your pics from!

• Marisa February 14, 2011 at 14:51 #

Agreed!

21. Shaina February 14, 2011 at 04:39 #

Haha, I love the name of the award you gave her!

22. karen February 14, 2011 at 06:57 #

Her posture is horrible. She did not do this fabulous dress justice. It’s like two different dresses from runway and on Emma. I would cry if i was the designer.

23. Andreea February 14, 2011 at 08:25 #

Love the look,but hate the attitude.It’s like she is just waiting to leave.

24. nicky February 14, 2011 at 08:54 #

the dress is gorgeous but i dont really love it on emma…it might be because she looks sad but i’m also disliking her hair. the hair works with some outfits…not this dress unfortunately

25. Marvel February 14, 2011 at 10:53 #

The dress is nice and Emma wears it well. I love teh poise but wish she would have smiled but I suppose, like someone poinetd out, the paps were quite nasty to her the day before.
    She still looks amazing

26. Mandy February 14, 2011 at 12:21 #

I looked on getty and she smiling in almost all of the photos. She was best dressed of the night easily. It was a perfect look for her. I would rather her smile slightly than fake it.

27. denise February 14, 2011 at 14:46 #

oh no…horrible posture :/

28. Lili February 14, 2011 at 14:49 #

I used to love Emma WATSON. I mean she used to have so much life but since she cut that hair I’m disappointed by her. Her dress is gorgeaous

29. Marisa February 14, 2011 at 16:28 #

Emma was stunning in her nude Valentino Couture gown!

30. Alina February 14, 2011 at 17:49 #

I adore the dress but somehow I hate it on her.

31. gerva February 14, 2011 at 18:29 #

You can tell she is all but happy with that dress. I guess her stylist chose it, and there was no other option, or this was a 2nd option which had be chosen as emergency. The dress looks good for those who have extreme model figure, but who has? Not made for Emma, and I guess she knew quite soon that it doesn’t look good on her, by her own standards.

32. Elly February 14, 2011 at 18:29 #

The problem here, is that Emma looks old. The hair and make up are incredibly ageing which just aggrevates the no smiley situation.

33. Maxie February 14, 2011 at 19:49 #

Oh, boo-hoo, the press were nasty to her a whole 48 hours earlier and she was still upset? It’s the BAFTAs! Look, there’s Tilda Swinton! Cheer up! After all, you’re never going to be nominated for any acting awards, so you might as well enjoy the red carpet while you can.

34. Helen February 15, 2011 at 10:53 #

Live on the red carpet she looked much happier than this pic. I love the whole look especially her earrings.

35. Erika February 15, 2011 at 14:24 #

Lovely, just like the rest of her outfits this past week ;)

36. Anonymous February 16, 2011 at 02:52 #

Emma looked so miserable at this event and all of the other BAFTA dinners/parties, like she was annoyed to even be there, not like at the Elle Fashion Awards, where she was all smiles.

37. honeymunky February 18, 2011 at 16:44 #

she has gorgeous hair! but y oh y is she always slouching? :(