Emma Stone In Lanvin – 2011 BAFTA Awards

Best Use Of Colour Award
You can’t beat the drama and movement that Karlie Kloss created with this Lanvin Spring two tone red dress from the Spring 2011 collection.

Emma Stone still rocked it on the red carpet tonight at the 2011 BAFTA Awards.

As much as I like the dress on her the hair feels a bit dated for this look.

Had she styled her hair like the runway we would’ve accused her of doing a Blake Lively (ripping the runway) but the look needed something more dramatic and less mumsy.

A gold leather Lanvin ‘Ouloulette’ envelope clutch, a Lanvine gold metal frame cuff and nude Lanvin pumps with a wooden platform from the Spring 2011 collection completed her look.

A smaller clutch would’ve also been preferred.

Credit: Style.com & Richard Young/Bafta / Rex Features/Rex Features/ZUMAPRESS.com

Emma Watson In Valentino Couture - 2011 BAFTA Awards

Emma Watson In Valentino Couture – 2011 BAFTA Awards

Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann - 2011 BAFTA Awards

Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann – 2011 BAFTA Awards

18 Responses to Emma Stone In Lanvin – 2011 BAFTA Awards

1. Laura February 13, 2011 at 22:51 #

I agree that the hair and clutch could’ve been better. Also, I think this dress is better in motion. But there’s no denying that the color is great on Emma. She looks really good.

2. Lily February 13, 2011 at 22:51 #

I LOVE this dress! Emma looks nice, but she didn’t rock it. I can’t wait until she goes back to being a redhead. She’s so nondescript and washed out as a blonde.

3. Catriona February 13, 2011 at 22:51 #

She was my best dressed, she looked better on camera. I actually really liked her hair.

4. molly February 13, 2011 at 22:55 #

The only thing I would have changed is the clutch. I love the hair. Its young, fun, and classy. She is quickly becoming a red carpet favorite of mine.

5. Vera February 13, 2011 at 23:04 #

Dear FC, please, forgive me for saying this, but…

I just can’t stand. Britain, UK is such an influential country. You have so many outstanding designers. Why, why don’t you have girls – despite Victoria, Thandie, Keira, Sienna and Carey – who can look good?

Everytime I see you posts from British red carpets I want to cry. Expensive clothes, expensive shoes – and such a disaster at the end. A wrong hair cut; a wrong make-up; a wrong clutch.

I know, Emma is American; but contrary to her usual American looks, here, in the UK, she looks cheapy cheap.

Urgh.

• Fashion Critic February 13, 2011 at 23:15 #

I totally get what you are saying.

6. Ethne Blist February 13, 2011 at 23:07 #

I like this look. The clutch is fine I think. She is going for a simple look these days. She looks…cute.

7. robbie February 13, 2011 at 23:07 #

i guess she was going for an old hollywood look. the dress is alright but it doesnt really wow me.

8. Hannah February 13, 2011 at 23:13 #

I dislike th hair here, a high bun or straight ponytail would’ve looked divine, but on camera, especailly since she looked so foreign to everyone else, she looked goreous with the hair. I actually really love the gown calm, and I highly doubt many otehrs couldv’e looked as chic in this gown, whilst looking as beauitful as she does.

9. KateS February 13, 2011 at 23:24 #

Wow, this Lanvin collection really translates to the RC in a way that the last few haven’t. I agree about the hair and clutch, but I still think she looks good.

10. Luiza February 13, 2011 at 23:27 #

STUNNING! i prayed to see this dress on the awards season and here we are! she looks soooo beautiful, loooove as much as i can

11. Jones19 February 13, 2011 at 23:31 #

Hate the clutch but love everything else.

12. karen February 14, 2011 at 06:51 #

I’m not sure if I like this dress on Emma. She’s not giving the dress the proper dramatic flare that it deserves. Emme looked much better in Calvin Klein at the Golden Globes.

13. Andreea February 14, 2011 at 08:24 #

It;s too colorful for this kind of awards.This dress is better for a summer party.

14. nicky February 14, 2011 at 08:55 #

i think she looks really cute. the hair didn’t really bother me because everything was perfect. love emma!

15. Marvel February 14, 2011 at 10:51 #

The hair ruins the look but I LOVE the colour combination of the dress, I was kinda hoping Julianne Moore would wear this look.
    Her hair colour + colour of dress = AMAZING

• Alina February 14, 2011 at 17:46 #

I agree 100% .

16. jkrau February 14, 2011 at 23:43 #

I actually really really really LOOOOVE this look, and since i wanted to see more pictures I checked out JustJared’s photos of Emma as well… and the color looked TOTALLY different!!! Goes to show that the lighting really matters for these things — in those other photos this dress seemed more similar to her peach Golden Globes dress, which I also LOVED. I think Emma is really maturing her style and coming into her own… I’m always excited to see her on the red carpet! Such an example of class for young actresses.