11.02.11

Irina Shabayeva Fall 2011

Christian Siriano wasn’t the only Project Runway winner to show at New York Fashion Week yesterday.

Season 6 winner Irina Shabayeva presented her Fall 2011 collection.

As I hadn’t seen the season she won Project Runway I didn’t know what to expect, but I was very impressed at how strong the collection was.

With Spanish music playing in the background Irina transported us Barcelona with her flamenco inspired collection.

The loved the laser cut chrysanthemum flowers which boldly stood out on several pieces. This was also repeated as print motifs and cut-out appliqué motifs on wool jackets.

She presented many snug cozy cardigans, scarves and shrugs which the models wore with gowns and mini dresses.

The colour palette for this mostly evening collection consisted of bold reds, cobalt blue, shimmering golds, white and black.

Favourites: The laser cut coat and red hooded cardigan

Who I See Wearing This Collection: Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift, Sophia Bush and Kristen Bell

Leona Lewis Bares Her Midriff 3 Times In One Week

Leona Lewis Bares Her Midriff 3 Times In One Week

Ciara In Emilio Pucci - Black-Eyed Peas 7th Annual Peapod Benefit Concert

Ciara In Emilio Pucci – Black-Eyed Peas 7th Annual Peapod Benefit Concert

7 Responses to Irina Shabayeva Fall 2011

1. Rebecca February 11, 2011 at 23:10 #

Gorgeous! Especially the laser cuts–really stunning.

2. smolls February 11, 2011 at 23:55 #

Wow – what a beautiful collection. I love every piece you’ve shown – yay Irina! :)

Can’t wait to see some of these pieces on the red carpet or on the street.

3. lalala February 12, 2011 at 02:55 #

wow i really like this collection.
    and as a fellow Georgian i’m happy for Irina!! :)

4. pipsqueak February 12, 2011 at 03:45 #

Irina was my favorite in the season where she was competing. Her design was very strong. I also like her as a person – smart, tough, articulate and no nonsense. Much as I appreciate Christian Siriano’s design, his persona just seems clownish and stereotypical to me – pretty lame. I love Irina’s collection here, from colors to details to variety (with coherence).

5. Gaber February 12, 2011 at 07:27 #

The laser-cut orange-ish dress is just screaming to be worn by some black, tall girl. The contrast between the skin-tone and the dress would be insane.
    I’d kill to see it on Alek Wek in an editorial somewhere.

6. mm February 12, 2011 at 16:53 #

The laser cut dresses are the highlight, cant wait to see one of them on the red carpet.

7. Emily April 6, 2011 at 21:16 #

Selena Gomez wore the red laser cut dress on Dancing With The Stars the other night, she looked amazing.