Selena Gomez In Reem Acra – “Never Say Never” LA Premiere

There is a lot I loved about Selena Gomez’ look at the LA Premiere of ”Never Say Never” last night.

Firstly she’s looking more bronzed than usual.

The shortened length of her purple satin Reem Acra Resort 2010 dress has elongated her toned legs.

I love the way the dress is cinched in at the waist with jeweled buckle waistband.

The sparkle didn’t stop there as she her pumps had silver embellishments also.

Large curls amped the glamour as did her shimmery lilac eye shadow.

I have to say this is one of Selena’s best ever looks, so I would love to add this to the BDOTW poll.

Do you agree?

Credit: Style.com & D. Long/Globe Photos/ZUMAPRESS.com

Caterina Murino In Dolce & Gabbana - 'Hungry Hearts' Venice Film Festival Premiere

Caterina Murino In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘Hungry Hearts’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

Brooklyn Decker In Dolce & Gabbana - "Just Go With It" New York Premiere

Brooklyn Decker In Dolce & Gabbana – “Just Go With It” New York Premiere

41 Responses to Selena Gomez In Reem Acra – “Never Say Never” LA Premiere

1. jj February 9, 2011 at 18:05 #

She looks great but she would look better without that awful fake tan.

2. Andy February 9, 2011 at 18:06 #

She looks stunning! Beautiful dress, beautiful girl! Great look! <3

3. Matt February 9, 2011 at 18:07 #

She looks absolutely beautiful so yes to adding her to the BTODW poll. Just take a look at what Miley Virus is wearing and you’ll love Selena’s look even more.

4. staramour February 9, 2011 at 18:14 #

Love this look. And I love that she made it youthful with the shortened hem. It might be on the edge of too short, but I cannot deny that she looks fantastic.

5. Laura February 9, 2011 at 18:19 #

I love the dress. The color is gorgeous for her, and it was age and event appropriate. She is looking a bit orange though.

6. Victoria February 9, 2011 at 18:23 #

Of course! :D

7. karen February 9, 2011 at 18:29 #

I agree. I think she looks great. She looks young and fun.

8. Ethne Blist February 9, 2011 at 18:36 #

Her collarbone area looks like a 50 year old woman who goes to the tanning bed too much. This is a nice look but how Hollywood it is scares me. She is 18 and she is doing bronzer? And she feels she has to workout constantly? I call those legs thin rather than fit. I love her dress though. I first thought this was Christian Cota.

9. Thaysa February 9, 2011 at 18:39 #

i totally agree!
    she looks gorgeous! I loved this color on her!

10. Red February 9, 2011 at 18:45 #

Disagree! shortening that dress makes it look like the uniform for a cocktail waitress at a Greek themed bar, it worked much better at knee length

• Rebecca February 9, 2011 at 20:52 #

I have to agree with this, at least a little bit.

• KateS February 10, 2011 at 00:07 #

I thought showgirl, which I guess isn’t that far away from cocktail waitress. I think the orangey tan adds to that impression.

11. Karina February 9, 2011 at 18:46 #

She looks amazing… Confident, fresh, young… and yet simple and sofustcated…Perfect…. She must be a BDOTW… Kisses from Brazil !!!

12. From Russia With Love February 9, 2011 at 18:51 #

Best Dressed Of the Week

13. rawda February 9, 2011 at 18:52 #

yes, please. very BDOTW worthy
    she looks fantastic. i agree that this is one of her best looks too, FC!

14. kelly February 9, 2011 at 19:35 #

Her skin looked orange and that dress was too short. If her contemporary Miley had worn this she would have been slammed for the hemline. Very streetwalker. Terrible.

• Sonia February 9, 2011 at 20:01 #

Yeah I agree. I hate the double standard. Miley wears short dresses and gets called a slut yet Selena is gorgeous when she wears them? I mean seriously?

Plus am I the only one who thinks that Selena looks overdressed for a Justin Bieber movie premiere? This is why I like the casual style outfit that Miley wore. I mean Selena is taking so much attention away from Justin during his premiere.

15. Lee Ann February 9, 2011 at 19:36 #

Disagree-she looks like she is going to a toga party. She ruined the dress. If you want to wear short buy a short dress.

16. Carol February 9, 2011 at 19:37 #

Jaw dropper!
    Deffinetely BDOTW worthy!
    xx

17. Ev February 9, 2011 at 19:39 #

I am sorry, but no to adding her to BDOTW. First of all, she is orange. Second this fake tan and the fact that she became so thin makes her look like “35 but wanna be 18″, which is strange, considering she IS 18. Third, shortening of the dress threw out all the proportions of it.

18. 2c February 9, 2011 at 19:46 #

I love that you talked about this look FC…I saw it on JustJared and I was like ‘wonder what RCFA would say!’ When someone looks good they look good, regardless of status or age :)

19. Sara February 9, 2011 at 19:56 #

Hmm, i saw this picture on another site and thought the dress looked too short and a little odd. Seeing it here against the original shows why it seemed off. I definitely this shortening it gave it odd proportions.

20. Andrew Mackinnon February 9, 2011 at 20:27 #

She looks like an orange baby. That’s all.

21. VB Lover February 9, 2011 at 20:49 #

Her legs look like they go on for miles! I agree with Sara that the dress does seem a little short!

22. pam February 9, 2011 at 21:03 #

Maybe I’m just getting old, but it seems like every one is wearing their dresses way too short lately. You totally lose the drape of the dress when you shorten it that much.

• molly February 9, 2011 at 23:34 #

No, its not just you. Im 17 years old and I am in complete agreement. It looks like shes 5’11 and bought a dress for a girl whos 5’5. lol

23. Amber February 9, 2011 at 21:57 #

I wish it were a few inches longer because as beautiful as the dress is, it’s getting into the hoochie mama territory.

24. shoeaholic February 9, 2011 at 22:02 #

I wonder how she even moved or sat down.. That is not a dress any more, that is a top!

25. Ella February 9, 2011 at 22:44 #

This is one of Selena’s best looks ever. Now, I prefer Hailee Steinfeld, but in fairness to Selena, she does deserve BDOTW

26. mochababe73 February 9, 2011 at 23:14 #

I agree. Add her in the poll. She usually dresses to old for her age, but this is appropriate for her.

27. molly February 9, 2011 at 23:30 #

Its too short. And inch or two above the knee would be perfect. And does anyone else thing that the top is far to large for such a fitted ‘skirt’? The porportions are off. If it was longer and fit properly, i would love it but until thats fixed, this simply gets a “meh” out of me.

28. Dee February 10, 2011 at 00:22 #

I think she looks stunning. She is finally wearing an age apporpriate outfit! And the colour looks fantastic on her.

29. Sharon February 10, 2011 at 02:24 #

Shortening the dress definitely made it more age appropriate for her, but it may be just a little too short. I actually prefer the original dress. Some of it’s elegance was lost in the remodel.

30. CreoleLady February 10, 2011 at 04:33 #

She hacked this gorgeous dress. Indeed she had the right idea in the sense that this dress as presented was too sophisticated for her. I’m starting to get cranky about these people who want to wear minis and instead of getting a mini, they chop off beautifully draped dresses such as this one and just ruin the proportions. No, no, a thousand times no.

31. Jocelyn February 10, 2011 at 05:52 #

I think that picture isn’t that flattering and is part of the reason why she’s getting so much flack… take a look at this picture and she looks classy and gorgeous: http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgdjwsgVGu1qbt8b8o1_500.png

32. Andy February 10, 2011 at 06:10 #

To sum it up: Too short and too orange.

33. Megan February 10, 2011 at 08:31 #

For me there are many things wrong.It’s hard to even recognise that it’s the same dress on the runway,the runway is much better.She is trying waay to hard for this event,she’s too thin,orange And I don’t know if this makes sense but she looks older than she is with a baby confused face.Selena Is trying to steal the spotlight and putting my opinions about miley aside she she be slammed for this.

34. Jones19 February 10, 2011 at 12:40 #

Wow her legs look amazing. Want this dress!

35. Genn February 10, 2011 at 16:15 #

I love the color on her but wish she would have not shortened the dress so much. I think the runway length would have looked much better.

36. Cristina February 11, 2011 at 04:27 #

Is it just me or does she look like a little Cheryl Cole in training?

37. Lilflowa February 13, 2011 at 20:01 #

Tooo overdone for the Justin premiere.

Her style leaves much to be desired. No individuality as opposed to Miley who gets it wrong at times but you can sense her own style.

I much preffered Miley’s look.