09.02.11

Jennifer Aniston In Dolce & Gabbana – “Just Go With It” New York Premiere

Jennifer Aniston attended the premiere of her new movie, “Just Go with It” tonight in New York City.

My first thought was, “there is nothing new and nothing to get excited about here”

There was a time when I would’ve screamed “not another black dress,” but Jennifer refuses to wear anything else so I’m over getting hung up on it.

On this occasion she opted for a Dolce & Gabbana black strapless chiffon gown which she paired with a custom grey alligator Burberry clutch, Gucci heels and Fred Leighton jewels.

Yet another case of Groundhog day when it comes to Jennifer.

Credit: Getty

Hailee Steinfeld In Alberta Ferretti - Virtuosos Award Tribute

Hailee Steinfeld In Alberta Ferretti – Virtuosos Award Tribute

Kate Bosworth In Isabel Marant - "The Kings Speech" Awards Season Party

Kate Bosworth In Isabel Marant – “The Kings Speech” Awards Season Party

26 Responses to Jennifer Aniston In Dolce & Gabbana – “Just Go With It” New York Premiere

1. Vidhya February 9, 2011 at 05:09 #

i told u nt to get upset abt the internet… this is all there was X(

• Fashion Critic February 9, 2011 at 05:52 #

lol….true

2. Laura February 9, 2011 at 05:16 #

But here’s the thing. I can live with black and neutrals if there was something else exciting about the look. But there’s not. I would’ve taken a tighter, more interesting LBD over this any day.

But boy was it Dolce & Gabbana night at that premiere. Brooklyn Decker (who’s in the movie I believe) also wore Dolce & Gabbana and looked 10 times more interesting than Jennifer.

3. Ella February 9, 2011 at 05:51 #

does she ever do anything with her hair?! SO boring!

4. Tahj February 9, 2011 at 06:55 #

I’m glad you’re over it. Here’s the thing, stars like Jennifer Aniston, Julia Roberts, Jodie Foster, and Angelina Jolie, they don’t ever want the dress to be the centerpiece THEY want to be the centerpiece. They want themselves to always stand out and not the gown they are wearing. They aren’t into just showcasing the oh-so-chic latest couture look like Diane Kruger or Blake Lively or Camilla Belle. They are MOVIE STARS. Too many stars today are known more for their fashion than their movies. When you see Julia Roberts on a red carpet you notice JULIA ROBERTS, not some pretentious designer frock that will be out of style in 6 months. That’s who they are, and I don’t see the problem with it for them. So I got over the “boring black gown” thing awhile ago too. lol.

We have Cate Blanchett, a real actress without boring style. But other than her we have to look to Camilla Belle and those starlets who do nothing but care about being seen in fashions if you’re expecting something cutting edge.

• Vidhya February 9, 2011 at 15:18 #

wow.. u gave me smethign to think abt.. thats true..

• anna February 9, 2011 at 16:16 #

i agree with your point of view!
      julia roberts, meryl streep, juliette binoche…they’re ll great actresses and beautiful women who don’t want to be julged by waht they wear.
      It’s not a question of if this is right or wrong. It’s just a question of atitude.
      althought i sympathize with jennifer aniston, i don’t think her movies or her career worth this kind of atitude

• ana February 11, 2011 at 05:51 #

I agree. Maybe she’s just not that into fashion. Why should she be – she’s not a model, or a designer, or a socialite who’s famous for being famous. She makes an effort to be well-dressed and glam – she just doesn’t care about being cutting-edge and what-not.

5. Jolene February 9, 2011 at 07:47 #

It was extremely cold in nyc tonight. I was at the event and there was no reason for her to even wear dressy long gown, black or not. She wore it for the red carpet (10 mins) and that was it. No one was allowed to be in that area and there was no point to wear such a gown in my opinon. It looked decent, but she could have worn something more like Brooke and Nicole did. Somethine a bit more understated. Honestly – if you are going to shy away and hide from fans and general well wishers, why go so over the top? this dress was out of place!

6. karen February 9, 2011 at 08:15 #

I don’t like dresses with a sheer skirt.

7. Kaz February 9, 2011 at 11:03 #

It’s one hell of a beautiful Groundhog day though!

• Fashion Critic February 9, 2011 at 13:03 #

LOL :)

• Alina February 9, 2011 at 13:44 #

DITTO!

• KateS February 10, 2011 at 00:19 #

8. Marvel February 9, 2011 at 11:19 #

Well this film looks like its going to bomb so I dont think Jennifer’s goign to be dazzling us on this promotion tour.

9. Jones19 February 9, 2011 at 11:27 #

Ah same old Jen. Boringgggg

10. Mahima February 9, 2011 at 12:33 #

This may be an unpopular opinion, but i think she looks great. I really like the dress.

• Jessica February 9, 2011 at 14:22 #

I agree, i think she looks really good here!

• meenakshi February 9, 2011 at 16:45 #

she is glowing in fact!! and i will take that smile over misplaced pouts anytime!!

11. Ethne Blist February 9, 2011 at 12:54 #

Kim Kardashian said Jennifer Aniston is a style icon for her, which proves Kim Kardashian has no style. Proof: this look. Though Jen (except the hair) looks hot.

12. Linda February 9, 2011 at 13:59 #

Yeah, I give up. Same dress, same hair for the last 15 years.

13. Jeremy February 9, 2011 at 14:33 #

What’s with her insecurity? Her bodies is skinny enough to wear other colors. Her style said a lots about her personality. No wonder…

14. Rachael February 9, 2011 at 16:13 #

I actually really like the dress, but I think an updo or even a well-styled pony would have gone a long way for the look overall.

15. Mary February 9, 2011 at 21:04 #

Not to be rude, but I had a 9 am class this morning and my hair looked better that this. Something’s wrong.

16. mochababe73 February 10, 2011 at 00:01 #

I think that she did the sheer skirt better than Halle Berry did.
    I like her lighter hair color.
    Jennifer’s style is impeccable and polished which I love. I don’t get bored. This is her style. Jennifer is not edgy or avante garde.

17. Shaina February 12, 2011 at 05:16 #

I actually really love this dress on her. If blacks her thing, she is working it here!
    But I could pass on the hair…