Alexa Chung In Carven – Carven Spring 2011 Collection Barney’s Launch

Alexa Chung was at Barney’s yesterday to join Carven designer Guillaume Henry who was showcasing his Spring 2011 Collection as the New York City store.

The British TV presenter wore a typically boyish chic type of look which included a white blazer, black shorts and a Carven Spring 2011 contrast-collar cotton-poplin shirt.

The black and white theme continues to her Carven striped pumps, but she added a contrasting baby blue clutch for a pop of colour.

I’m not Alexa’s biggest fan, but I really like this look.

It feels well put together rather than just thrown on which is the usual vibe I get from her.

Credit: Style.com & Billy Farrell Agency/Rex Features

Poppy Delevingne & Alexa Chung for THE EDIT

Poppy Delevingne & Alexa Chung for THE EDIT

Kate Mara In Zac Posen - AARP's 'Movies For Grownups' Awards

Kate Mara In Zac Posen – AARP’s ‘Movies For Grownups’ Awards

15 Responses to Alexa Chung In Carven – Carven Spring 2011 Collection Barney’s Launch

1. Jarrold February 9, 2011 at 13:29 #

Her foundation is so wrong. Her face is lighter than her legs

• KateS February 10, 2011 at 00:15 #

The face/leg mismatch was the first thing I noticed, too. Not sure if it’s her face or legs that are the wrong colour, though.

2. msd February 9, 2011 at 14:20 #

Most people’s faces and legs aren’t exactly the same colour… well, mine aren’t.

For the first time ever I really like what she’s wearing, with the possible exception of the clutch which seems unnecessary because the striped shoes add enough interest.

3. Anita February 9, 2011 at 14:41 #

Love the look, would have loved to see it without the jacket too. Plus she looks awake which is always a bonus when it comes to Alexa.

4. Gaber February 9, 2011 at 15:19 #

Those legs!!

I am not feeling the make-up/hair, but I really love everything else.

5. Ethne Blist February 9, 2011 at 15:53 #

This is great. I love this look. The difference of her face color and leg color might be because of the lighting, but anywho, her look is as FC said- for once not thrown together carelessly. BDOTW for Alexa’s effort??? This is a lot coming from me, because I can’t stand her.

6. Laura February 9, 2011 at 16:02 #

I too am not Alexa’s biggest fan, and I too like the look more than I usually like Alexa’s look. But the jacket’s too wide for the shorts. Still like the look but not perfect.

7. Giuseppi February 9, 2011 at 16:07 #

I love the shoes! They remind me of Leighton Meester’s striped ferragmo pumps on the today show (or whatever show that was) Do you know who made these?

8. manja February 9, 2011 at 18:38 #

she looks decent for once,and the look is quite cute,a bit slimer jacket maybe,but all in all nice

9. dee February 9, 2011 at 18:51 #

I like everything but her hair. She looks better than what she normally looks like.

10. sonia February 9, 2011 at 20:40 #

I can’t understand why we should treat this girl as a fashon icon, for me it just looks like a rich-daddy-girl’s with more than questionable taste!

11. mochababe73 February 9, 2011 at 23:39 #

I’m still not convinced that she is or ever will be a fashionista. She does nothing special.
    I find this look horrible with the exception of the shoes. For me, it doesn’t matter what she wears, Alexa always looks unkempt.

12. smolls February 9, 2011 at 23:58 #

I like this look but LOVE the shoes!! Too cute!

13. Victor February 10, 2011 at 01:41 #

I don’t usually like Alexa Chung’s looks, but I love this look!

14. june February 10, 2011 at 07:33 #

i love, love the shoes. they’re adorable, as is this whole look