07.02.11

Renee Zellweger In Carolina Herrera – 46th Golden Camera Awards

What an amazing way to start the week.

Renee Zellweger was resplendent as she glided down the red carpet like Cinderella at the 46th Golden Camera Awards in Berlin, Germany this weekend.

She attended the event to receive her trophy for best international actress.

I am blown away by her breathtaking ball gown which was created by her favourite designer Carolina Herrera.

Her magical Carolina Herrera strapless pale gray and blue silk tulle gown is decorated with gold embroidery.

It’s been a while since we saw Renee wear something so voluminous as she tends to favour a fitted pencil dress look.

Renee BDOTY worthy look has set the bar very high for other challengers this week.

I don’t understand why people are tired of the Renee/Carolina connection when they make such beautiful music together.

I have never been more stunned by her beauty and I’m grateful that on this occasion she didn’t let herself down by not styling her hair. Her chic updo perfects her look.

I live for red carpet moments like this.

Credit: Britta Pedersen/DPA/ZUMAPRESS.com & Fame Pictures

Who Wore Burberry Prorsum Better? Kate Hudson or Rachel Zoe

Who Wore Burberry Prorsum Better? Kate Hudson or Rachel Zoe

Susann Atwell In Jil Sander - 46th Golden Camera Awards

Susann Atwell In Jil Sander – 46th Golden Camera Awards

38 Responses to Renee Zellweger In Carolina Herrera – 46th Golden Camera Awards

1. Gaber February 7, 2011 at 08:19 #

I can’t stand the colour grey.
    So you can only imagine what my take on a whole lot of grey is.

2. ayishaa February 7, 2011 at 08:46 #

Breathtaking dress. Nice to see something different on renee

3. Elisa February 7, 2011 at 08:46 #

I really hate the gold embroidery against the grey. Gold and grey is just not a good match in my world. I find this every bit as boring as I always find the Zellweger/Herrera-combo.

Sorry, FC. Normally we somewhat agree, but this one is just off. :-)

• Jones19 February 7, 2011 at 09:39 #

Couldn’t agree more. The gold against the grey is just blah and this looks boring on Reneé.

4. Pablo February 7, 2011 at 09:17 #

Oh yes! She hasn’t looked this good in a real while! Too much mermaid hem fitted gowns lately! I have to admit this gown has a slight Oscar de la Renta deja vu feeling to it, but it’s clear Renee knocked it out this time! :)

5. Gretta February 7, 2011 at 10:07 #

Beautiful dress but is she way overdressed for the event? This is an Oscar gown in my opinion.

• P. February 7, 2011 at 21:07 #

Agreed! She looks great, the best I’ve ever seen of Renee, but undoubtedly she’s too overdressed for the event compared with the others guests.

Perhaps she may not be at the Oscars, so she decided to dress up a bit more to the occasion;

• KateS February 7, 2011 at 22:41 #

I agree. It’s a beautiful dress (from the same princess-dress category as Olivia Wilde’s chocolate golden globes number), but it seems a bit much next to what the other guests are wearing.

6. Vicky February 7, 2011 at 10:39 #

It’s a refreshing silhouette from Zellweger/Herrera but I can’t help to think of the gown JLo wore to the MET gala last year…
    I think this would have looked much better on a dark-haired girl, as I feel Renee is slightly washed out

7. Louise February 7, 2011 at 10:40 #

I think this dress is spectacular, so I agree with you. Renee looks really happy to be wearing it. She must know how good she looks!

8. Lexa February 7, 2011 at 10:55 #

I really like the contrast of the gold embroidery on the grey background and what I like the most about this look is that Renee is perfectly groomed – great haistyle and makeup. Such a polished look :)

• Ethne Blist February 7, 2011 at 13:44 #

I agree. And Renee looks healthy and not overly thin! I love her clutch that matches the embroidery.

9. Sharona February 7, 2011 at 11:54 #

Meh.

10. Alicat February 7, 2011 at 11:55 #

Beautiful, fantasy gown. She looks great. The hairstyle really suits her.

11. Leo February 7, 2011 at 12:03 #

To be honest, I find this so boring. We’ve seen this gown thousands of times before. It looks like a Marchesa knockoff but done in a tacky Zuhair Murad way. Next, please!

12. mm February 7, 2011 at 12:07 #

She looks fantastic.

13. Ben February 7, 2011 at 12:24 #

I don’t see what the big deal is!!!!! She has worm a dress like this before!!!!! And grey is such an ugly color.

14. shap_half February 7, 2011 at 12:47 #

I think she looks great. I’m a fan of her, but I must confess she hasn’t look this good in a while.

And unlike many here, I do actually like the grey with the gold. It’s an unexpected combination — really fresh actually.

15. Kaylie February 7, 2011 at 13:09 #

It’s a good look for her, but there’s nothing particularly special about it.

16. Fiona February 7, 2011 at 13:10 #

I love the dove grey and gold combination, it is a very vintage colour palette and it fits beautifully as always (a definite advantage of having an exclusive relationship with the designer). I also like her hair styled elegantly, but my only quibble is the lack of makeup and some jewellery. I know she might have wanted the embroidery to shine, but some delicate vintage drop earrings would have been perfect. Still, love the look.

• mol February 7, 2011 at 16:32 #

The more I look at this the more I like it and you’re so right, it does have a vintage color palette, the gray with gold is very subtle, lovely…..

17. Amelia February 7, 2011 at 13:34 #

we may have seen dresses like this before, but this is certainly the most stunning and well-made; she does look like a princess; I think it’s the best she’s ever looked.

18. Catriona February 7, 2011 at 13:58 #

I’m not feeling something here, I think it’s the hair…

19. molly February 7, 2011 at 14:15 #

The dress is breath-taking, althoughI would have much preferred it in almost any color. Fit is perfection. My problem is the neck up. I’m not feeling ANYTHING special or pretty or even like an effort was made. She could be comng from the gym, rather than in this gorgeous gown. What’s up, Renee? We know you know how to do this right!

• Gigi February 7, 2011 at 15:04 #

Molly – I couldn’t agree more. The dress is beautiful but I don’t think I like the color on her. And from the neck up – I agree, the hair may be up, but it looks apres gym, not red carpet.

20. CreoleLady February 7, 2011 at 14:36 #

I too love the gray and gold. Gorgeous dress. Nice to see Renee’s hair so well-groomed.

21. Laura February 7, 2011 at 16:54 #

I’m sick of Renee in Carolina because she seems to get it wrong lately more times than she gets it right. But this is breathtaking. It’s one of the best looks she’s worn in a long time. With such a princessy dress, I’m glad she went for edgy hair, makes the look more mature.

22. lee February 7, 2011 at 16:57 #

she’s glowing.

23. moja31 February 7, 2011 at 17:19 #

she looks wonderful, despite the hair, which while it’s at least styled isn’t really what i’d call sleek, and certainly not polished enough to go with a ball gown. mostly though, it’s just nice to see her looking a little less frail.

24. Elena February 7, 2011 at 18:30 #

for me this is just PERFECTION
    congratulation Renee you look amazing!!

25. Keeks February 7, 2011 at 21:23 #

Unbelievably amazing! Cannot fault this in any way! Gorgeous!

26. mari February 7, 2011 at 21:53 #

she looks beautiful, love the light blue and the gold.

27. Ella February 7, 2011 at 22:33 #

I haven’t thought Renee has looked good lately. I LOVE this! Breathtaking and beautiful

28. Raquel February 8, 2011 at 01:44 #

Okay, she looks beautiful, the dress is pretty, but the lack of jewelry annoys me. Simple diamond studs would have finished the whole look. And yes, a tad overdressed for the event.

29. Amber February 8, 2011 at 02:07 #

This is the best I’ve seen Renee look in a very long time. Gorgeous dress, and her hair is passable- finally!

30. Ariel February 8, 2011 at 05:40 #

Stunning & beautiful!

31. mochababe73 February 9, 2011 at 00:28 #

Just when I thought that I was bored with Renee and Carolina, she wears this. I love it.

32. pipsqueak February 9, 2011 at 03:17 #

I’m tired of seeing Renee in Carolina Herrera, so I wasn’t blown away by the look. But she looked lovely and fresh. One thing I like about Renee is that she doesn’t buy herself plastic tan or boobs. She looks clean and natural, which is getting rarer among celebrities these days.