Michelle Williams In Chanel – Academy Awards Nominations Luncheon

Stars gathered at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in California this afternoon for the 83rd Academy Awards nominations luncheon.

Michelle Williams arrived wearing a Chanel Spring 2010 look.

Her look consisted of a black silk blouse and tweed skirt which she paired with a very conservative pair of black pumps.

Luncheon’s aren’t known for being very dressy affairs, so this look is event appropriate.

My only problem is that this look seems to age her a little bit.

One can look formal and still their age, but Michelle doesn’t strike the right balance.

On the plus side I really like the new rich blonde hair colour.

Credit: Getty

Diane Kruger 'The Bridge' New York Promo Tour

Diane Kruger ‘The Bridge’ New York Promo Tour

Nicole Kidman In YSL - Academy Awards Nominations Luncheon

Nicole Kidman In YSL – Academy Awards Nominations Luncheon

17 Responses to Michelle Williams In Chanel – Academy Awards Nominations Luncheon

1. Jones19 February 7, 2011 at 22:23 #

I hate these high necklines on her, she’s too busty for them.

2. KateS February 7, 2011 at 22:29 #

Apparently she’s still committed to choosing tops that do bad things to her bustline, but the new hair colour is a huge improvement.

3. couturecoco February 7, 2011 at 22:47 #

Agree with the other comments – she’d done this awful thing before of wearing things that completely slice her in half – never a good idea for someone busty AND short waisted.

• Ethne Blist February 7, 2011 at 23:46 #

I agree. The black blouse is ugly and frumpy. She should have gone for a pretty yet chic white silk blouse with a ruffle with that skirt.

4. Raquel February 8, 2011 at 01:37 #

Triple word on the top not being flattering on her. But my problem with Michele is the lack of posture. I always want to shake her by the shoulders and straight her spine.

• Sharon February 8, 2011 at 23:43 #

I completely agree. I think Michelle, Ginnifer Goodwin and Carey Mulligan are morphing into one person lately and beyond the hair styles and fashion choices, posture has a lot to do with it.

5. Lemonella February 8, 2011 at 03:59 #

The outfit that she wore to the luncheon did everything wrong! I understand the look that was trying to be accomplished here, but it was a complete failure! She is such a youthful presence and this frumpy attempt at classic luncheon attire did nothing but age her and brown bag her beauty. What a shame and missed opportunity!

6. Laura February 8, 2011 at 04:36 #

The black top kills the look. Makes it look like a businesswoman’s office wear. Such a shame for a beautiful Chanel skirt to be styled so poorly. I sure hope “Stella Gets Her Groove Back” by the Academy Awards. I usually always love what she wears.

7. Joy February 8, 2011 at 05:30 #

I totally agree it is the blouse, which is aging her horribly. It is not doing nice things to her bust, I’m reminded of my grandma. Everything else about her looks is great, especially the Chanel skirt .

8. Naomi February 8, 2011 at 06:50 #

I agree about the age – She rarely looks her age, which is only 30!
    She really needs to replace her stylist…

9. Emi February 8, 2011 at 07:43 #

I don’t like this look, at all. I think she doesn’t know what fits her well. The skirt is too highwasted for this kind of blouse. Very unflattering look for her.

10. Saara February 8, 2011 at 08:20 #

Yawn. The black top is very unflattering.

11. anne February 8, 2011 at 10:44 #

I was always one to root for Michelle on the red carpet but this is just disappointing. If you re going to wear black and white, at least chose some really great shoes that will save the look. I also agree about the posture. It does nothing for her.

12. manja February 8, 2011 at 11:48 #

blah and unflettering,and it’s been like that for a long time now

13. Modeuse February 8, 2011 at 14:01 #

Not her best look, but her hair looks lovely.

14. Alina February 8, 2011 at 17:55 #

She really bores me.

15. mochababe73 February 8, 2011 at 23:53 #

I love a black top with a pale bottom.
    However, she looks older than me in this picture. The top is ill-fitting. The waist appears to be too high. And, I’m not real sure why the blouse is tucked in.
    The plain black pumps are too jarring against the light colored skirt.