Katy Perry In Nikolaki – Purr by Katy Perry Mexico Launch

Katy Perry held a press conference in Mexico City on Saturday afternoon to present her new fragrance ‘Purr by Katy Perry’.

Clad in a shimmering Nikolaki Spring 2011 sexy little frock, the singer greeted her fans as she took the stage.

The lilac sequin one shoulder cocktail dress was paired with gorgeous beige suede heels.

I love the draped detail on the bodice.

My only problem with this look is that that the dress look a tad too small on Katy, but that could just be due to the way she’s posing.

Credit: Nikolaki & Getty

In Michelle Williams' Closet - Erdem 'Margot' Red Lace Dress

In Michelle Williams’ Closet – Erdem ‘Margot’ Red Lace Dress

Jessica Szohr In Dolce & Gabbana - GQ Pre-SuperBowl XLV Party

Jessica Szohr In Dolce & Gabbana – GQ Pre-SuperBowl XLV Party

10 Responses to Katy Perry In Nikolaki – Purr by Katy Perry Mexico Launch

1. Jones19 February 7, 2011 at 12:02 #

This is the Katy I love, sparkly and sexy.

2. Leo February 7, 2011 at 12:04 #

It is very tight. She’s a Vegas call girl.

3. noo February 7, 2011 at 12:27 #

the dress is definitely tight but i like it on her, it reminds me of old katy who took risks on the red carpet

4. Ethne Blist February 7, 2011 at 13:38 #

I love that Katy Perry wears designers we have never heard of. This dress is divine. I am in love with it. I love it on the model and kind of wish Katy didn’t make it so tight but that is Katy. I like her shoes with it.

5. Laura February 7, 2011 at 16:44 #

Nikolaki is Nick Verreos from Project Runway and The Fashion Team, right? I think so.

This look really suits Katy. I like it on her. It does look a wee bit tight of her.

6. ShoeGal February 7, 2011 at 17:47 #

I love,love,love this dress. And I love it on Katy. I don’t think the fit is too small as much as Katy has curves and a body and the runway model clearly does not. I like the more snug look because it fits well with Katy’s bomshell personality. The color and sparkles are also perfect with her hair&skin coloring.

7. Gamine February 7, 2011 at 22:15 #

Unfortunately, I find that on Katy, the dress loses its elegance. Now, it just looks like a glitery tacky dress, Shame, it looked so nice on the model.

• Alicat February 8, 2011 at 02:07 #

Agree. On the model the dress is elegant and drapes beautifully. Worn so tightly by Katy it verges on tacky and is just another short, cocktail dress in the style she goes for.

8. Ariel February 8, 2011 at 05:38 #

When I saw the model, I thought of Kim Kardashian. Katy looks ok, the dress may not be the best fit.

9. mochababe73 February 9, 2011 at 00:13 #

I love the dress. Sparkles in the daytime work for me.
    I really like the sophisticated Katy, but I love the quirky Katy.