Juilanne Moore In The Row – 2011 Human Rights Campaign Greater New York Gala

Julianne Moore attended the 2011 Human Rights Campaign Greater New York Gala held at the Waldorf-Astoria in New York City this weekend.

She opted to wear a look from The Row’s Resort 2011 collection.

The 3/4 length sleeve white dress was paired with black tights and black pumps.

Wearing black tights with a summery dress doesn’t make it a transitional look.

Emily Blunt did the same thing last week. I didn’t like it then and I don’t like it here.

I wish she’d added some colourful heels to this look.

I know New York is having one of its coldest ever winters, but I still want to look at celebs on the red carpet and be inspired by them especially as I’m headed out to New York tomorrow for Fashion Week.

Credit: Style.com & INFPhoto

Mia Wasikowska In Valentino - 'Maps To The Stars' Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Mia Wasikowska In Valentino – ‘Maps To The Stars’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Michelle Williams In Chanel - Academy Awards Nominations Luncheon

Michelle Williams In Chanel – Academy Awards Nominations Luncheon

10 Responses to Juilanne Moore In The Row – 2011 Human Rights Campaign Greater New York Gala

1. karen February 7, 2011 at 21:51 #

I think Julianne looks good. I’m not a fan of black tights either but it is cold so I think she was able to pull of the tights with this look. However Emily did not, her dress is not meant to be worn with tights.

2. Jones19 February 7, 2011 at 22:24 #

I kinda like the tights with this dress. She’s so pale that she would have looked like a ghost without them. I do wish she had worn colorful heels though.

3. KateS February 7, 2011 at 22:30 #

I really can’t blame her for the tights in NY weather, and I like the simple shape of the shift. It’s not exciting, but she looks good.

4. couturecoco February 7, 2011 at 22:49 #

Oh please, there’s simple and there’s this – blah, should have been sent back home to change!

5. Ethne Blist February 7, 2011 at 23:47 #

Meh. This is awful. She looks like a canvas. Through in some jewelry to at least make this something.

6. Alicat February 8, 2011 at 01:55 #

A bit too plain and shapeless. It needs something to lift it. I don’t have a problem with the tights here.

7. Laura February 8, 2011 at 04:38 #

Here’s the thing. There are a few crack-tastic celebs who I love for their crack-tasticness. Julianne Moore and Helena Bonham Carter come to mind. This look is so disappointing because there’s no elements of the Julianne that I’ve come to accept and even admire on the red carpet. This just doesn’t feel genuine. It feels like someone told her exactly what to wear and she gave no imput.

• Sharon February 8, 2011 at 23:47 #

Helena Bonham Carter is the queen of uniqueness and I love watching for her at red carpet events. I’ve always thought Julianne just had bad taste in clothes, and I actually think she looks better in this than in most of her choices. Some jewelry would have helped, though.

8. Leti February 8, 2011 at 17:40 #

I don’t love the black the tights with this dress, but I think they’re less jarring with this dress than Emily Blunts because this dress is less delicate.

9. mochababe73 February 8, 2011 at 23:57 #

What happened to the crazy shoes? Or the even crazier dress?
    I am not a fan of Julianne’s style, but this is boring for her. The tights and shoes are too dark. Don’t get me wrong, I love the dress. I just don’t like it on Julianne.