04.02.11

Nicole Kidman For Marie Claire UK March 2011

Nicole Kidman graces the March 2011 Marie Claire UK issue wearing a Dolce and Gabbana white lace dress and Diane Kordas star hooped earrings.

Inside we see the Australian actress channeling boho chic wearing an Alberta Ferretti maxi dress from the Spring 2011 collection.

She talks candidly about her ‘lost years’ and happiness, busting Hollywood myths and finding love in Tennessee.

Here are some extracts from her interview:

On Botox: “Well, I move my forehead, I frown…I tried it, I didn’t like it, so I’ve gone back to my own forehead. But I’ve never had plastic surgery on my face. People say I have but I haven’t.”

On her marriage with Tom Cruise: “As a couple we were very private. We were not out a lot and we were very, very tight and that’s why we lasted ten years, which is a good amount of time, particularly when you get married at 23. I was never seeking to be a celebrity. But I was prepared to do that for love. And that is something that is hard to do. It’s hard when you’re young. But I’m ready to give up anything for love because, ultimately, that is what you have. You get so much from a relationship when it is filled with love.”

On life after divorce and Keith: “Oh yeah, I was really damaged and not sure whether that was ever going to happen again to me. I certainly never thought I’d have a baby at 41. But we never know what’s around the corner. What, I enquire, was the difference with Keith? Well, I found my soulmate, and I don’t throw that term around lightly. I found the person that I just love being with. We’re both… it’s awkward to say it because it lessens what it is if I try to trivialise our relationship… He is very important to me.”

On her near death experience: “About five years ago when the helicopter I was travelling in dropped out of the skies because the engine stopped and everyone was screaming and I became unbelievably calm. The pilot panicked, people panicked, but I just went, “OK, this is what’s going to be. Please don’t make it too painful.”’ The pilot landed safely but, apart from being ‘grateful to be walking this earth’, the ordeal was an awakening. ‘Maybe it was the shock that made me so calm, but I love it when I surprise myself and see what I’m made of. I suppose that’s what I call discovering who I am.”

Credit: Style.com & Marie Claire

Zoe Saldana For Net-A-Porter's THE EDIT

Zoe Saldana For Net-A-Porter’s THE EDIT

Aishwarya Rai For Vogue India February 2011

Aishwarya Rai For Vogue India February 2011

10 Responses to Nicole Kidman For Marie Claire UK March 2011

1. robbie February 4, 2011 at 15:39 #

not a fan of the cover shot very “deer caught in the headlights” expression. but i gotta say that pic of her in the alberta ferretti dress is gorgeous. she seems to be a little more open lately which is good.

• Alina February 4, 2011 at 17:00 #

Ditto!

2. mimi February 4, 2011 at 20:39 #

I prefer her Harper’s Bazaar editorial to this one. Could you also feature that fc?

• Fashion Critic February 4, 2011 at 21:24 #

I’ll look for it

3. pipsqueak February 4, 2011 at 22:21 #

She’s such a romantic – candid, vulnerable, thoughtful and noble. I like what she says. So great to see her with Keith.

4. Emi February 5, 2011 at 10:29 #

This woman is such a lier… Why do celebrites think that readers are so stupid to believe what they say to these magazines? She had for sure a nose-job, lips-job and huge quantity of botox. Plastic surgeons use to take her as a bad example of plastic surgery because at her age she looks like a doll, she can’t move a facial muscle. It’s like L. Lohan told that she had just a glass of wine but stopped because she doesn’t like alcohol…

• Clover February 6, 2011 at 22:19 #

This is my pet peeve also. It’s like when celebs say they just keep very busy running around after their kids and never work out – bollocks they never work out!
      *sigh*
      /rant over

5. karen February 5, 2011 at 20:19 #

I’m happy for Nicole in this stage of her life. She seems happy and at peace. Fashionwise and appearance wise, she’s not the one I look forward to seeing like when she was with Tom C or even a little post Tom. Lately for the past few years, her face looks odd with her new lips and whatever else I can’t put my finger on. She just looks weird and her style is not as it was before. Now its a hit or miss.

6. flutterbang February 5, 2011 at 23:56 #

I wish we got to see more of the Moulin Rouge Nicole, it was such an open performance where she really seemed to let loose, I was almost surprised it was even her.

7. Tahj February 6, 2011 at 10:53 #

She’s lying. She had some kind of surgery beyond botox. And she looked botoxed at the Globes still. Notice she also didn’t admit to the lips. Come on, her lips are distracting for me in every film she’s had coming out lately.