04.02.11

Aishwarya Rai For Vogue India February 2011

Aishwarya Rai – one of the most beautiful women in the world – graces the cover of Vogue India’s February 2011 issue wearing Roksanda Ilincic.

The bold shouldered feathered blazer may be from past seasons, but it makes a huge impact on this cover which was shot by Polish photographer Marcin Tyszka.

The Bollywood beauty also wears a red Jenny Packham gown and a Valentino dress in her editorial.

Aishwarya wasn’t interviewed for this feature. Instead Vogue India compiled statements from 10 men on a wide range of topics.

Mickey Contractor on Aishwarya Rai: “When I first met Aishwarya on the shoot of a talcum powder commercial, she was shocked by my language (I used to abuse a lot). She kept giggling on the set. She told me later that she wondered what kind of weirdo I was. I then worked with her on her first film, Aur Pyar Ho Gaya, and on several ad campaigns thereafter. She carries off every look I create for her. She is daring, adaptable and confident of the way she looks. She is a natural beauty. When god was distributing good looks, the rest of us must have been in the loom because she got it all.”

Credit: Vogue India & Style.com

Alyson Hannigan's Citizens of Humanity Avedon Rose Print Jeans

Alyson Hannigan’s Citizens of Humanity Avedon Rose Print Jeans

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

32 Responses to Aishwarya Rai For Vogue India February 2011

1. Ethne Blist February 4, 2011 at 19:05 #

My girl is back! Her editorial is worthy of Aishwarya because the pictures and looks are amazing. Totally loving the Jenny Packham gown.

2. nissi February 4, 2011 at 19:09 #

she is stunning and the front cover of vogue india is amazing love the blazer and the dress by jenny….

3. Lexa February 4, 2011 at 19:33 #

She is so beautiful and the editorial is great – shot by a talented Polish photographer Marcin Tyszka :)

• Fashion Critic February 4, 2011 at 19:39 #

• Alexandra February 5, 2011 at 11:42 #

i’m glad he’s geting more recognition outside the country… it may help us forget his ridiculous behavior in polish edition of Next Top Model…

4. couturecoco February 4, 2011 at 19:40 #

No, the feather shoulders overwhelm her. She looks better in the rest but stretched!

5. Jones19 February 4, 2011 at 19:54 #

I never get enough of this woman’s stunning beauty. The Jenny Packham looks amazing on her.

6. Taylor February 4, 2011 at 19:59 #

Gorgeous, every picture. And what a great concept for the feature.

7. Karis February 4, 2011 at 20:02 #

Amazing! This woman could make a brown paper bag look good! Stunning cover and interesting concept for the feature.

8. Lily February 4, 2011 at 20:04 #

Stunning is the best word to describe her! The red Packham dress is my favorite. I love the styling in that picture as well. The earrings are perfect!

9. Olga (from Poland ;)) February 4, 2011 at 20:11 #

Perfect mix: Polish photographer and Bollywood superstar. :D

10. niya February 4, 2011 at 20:13 #

thanks for this fc!! i love this and i’m impressed at how well she carried the cover look. i do kind of wish they had toned down the eye-make-up a little though – in the second to last shot (red trench) she has a teensy case of racoon eyes:S but other than that : love!

11. Snarky_Sharky February 4, 2011 at 21:01 #

She’s gorgeous, but she kinda looks dead on the cover.

12. samaira February 4, 2011 at 21:45 #

She looks stunning in every pic but I can’t help but wish Marcin had shown more of her beautiful face, most pictures are side face. Although I love them but yeah…

13. Nick February 4, 2011 at 22:54 #

I love that Jenny Packham dress its simply stunning! I hope we one day see it on the Red Carpet :) Correct me if im wrong FC – but isnt this the same dress that Cheryl Cole wore in her Promise This video? Now that would be a difficult WWIB poll

14. Rebecca February 5, 2011 at 00:48 #

The red trench coat is also spectacular–she can really carry red

15. june February 5, 2011 at 01:18 #

she is so, so gorgeous. the cover is stunning.

i just wished they had interviewed *her.* it’s about her — why does she need or even want men to be her mouthpiece and talk about her when she’s totally capable of speaking herself. it smacks of male privilege, sorry.

• erin February 6, 2011 at 08:52 #

thank you! exactly what i thought.

16. gopika February 5, 2011 at 06:09 #

I just bought it:) vogue india is the best :)

17. b February 5, 2011 at 08:21 #

Oh mi god

This woman is so stunning. It’s like she comes from another planet.

She’s so so so gorgeous.

18. Uzair February 5, 2011 at 09:10 #

The shoot happened in Istanbul sometime around May 2010. The July cover of Vogue India featured Aishwarya and her husband, Abhishek, in an exclusive interview. Taking cue that most of the pieces are from Fall 2010 and that the July spread was also shot by Marcin Tyszka, I guess it can be established that they shot these pictures a year ago and turned it into a new feature for the February 2011 issue by interviewing people she has worked with through various stages of her career.
    See, sometimes Vogue can be efficient too!

19. Matt February 5, 2011 at 11:10 #

Love it, I wished she had wore the Jenny Packham dress on the cover though

20. Shiva February 5, 2011 at 11:24 #

its a gorgeous shoot, but why oh why would would a publication like vogue use fall 2010 apparel on feb 2011 cover? may b it was shot earlier. or may b its fine. And it just tells about my attitude towards previous seasons’ clothing bcos of the way fashion conducts itself

21. Ann February 5, 2011 at 11:44 #

I love this photoshoot especially the cover.
    FYI the red coat is from Fall 2010 collection by Indian designer Atsu and the golden dress is also from Fall 2010 collection by Cue by Rohit Gandhi + Rahul Khanna.

• Fashion Critic February 5, 2011 at 17:05 #

Thanks. I will update the next time I am at my computer

22. Weber from Brazil February 5, 2011 at 19:23 #

WOW
    I loved the photoshoot
    actually the Jenny Packham dress reminds me of Leighton Meester back in 2009 Emmy Awards
    she wore a beautiful white Botttega Veneta gown

23. CreoleLady February 5, 2011 at 19:51 #

Her eyes are mesmerizing. Although red is totally her color, I like the white Valentino the best. I have only seen pictures of her in long, richly colored, opulent gowns. The fresh mini is really quite nice and I like the overall feel of that picture – bold pose, nice backdrop, a picture of feminine confidence.

24. Fashionmeal February 7, 2011 at 18:42 #

Hey, incase one was wondering (Which no one seems to be) the picture with the Jenny dress, she’s wearing Charlotte Olympia shoes! And I thought the colour contrast was very well played. :D
    Xxo.

25. lemter February 10, 2011 at 17:53 #

GORGEOUS NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE

26. cripa May 14, 2011 at 20:04 #

she’s so beautiful.she looks absolutely gorgeous on all of the pictures!