Who Wore Temperley London Better? Kerry Washington or Kate Middleton

Back in April 2009 Kerry Washington attended the Clinton Foundation’s Millennium Network Event in LA, wearing a Temperley London cream dress.

Her dress was paired with black peep-toes and a black clutch to complement the black embroidered neckline and other details on her dress.

Prince William and fiancée Kate Middleton arrived at a Christmas reception in aid of the Teenager Cancer Trust in Fakenham, England wearing the same dress over a year later.

She paired her dress with her dazzling engagement ring, a black blazer, tights and matching clutch.

I love the blazer with this dress, but I really dislike Kate’s choice of footwear so Kerry wins for me.

Credit: Zuma Press & Getty

In Hailee Steinfeld's Closet - 3.1 Phillip Lim Silk Flower & Pleat-Embellished Dress

In Hailee Steinfeld’s Closet – 3.1 Phillip Lim Silk Flower & Pleat-Embellished Dress

Leighton Meester In Giambattista Valli - The Apple Store Soho Presents Meet The Actors

Leighton Meester In Giambattista Valli – The Apple Store Soho Presents Meet The Actors

14 Responses to Who Wore Temperley London Better? Kerry Washington or Kate Middleton

1. Maria Claudia February 2, 2011 at 11:35 #

I dislike Kate’s choice of footwear also.. But she looks so elegant.
    Kerry is pretty also but I don’t like the bangs.

2. Ethne Blist February 2, 2011 at 13:33 #

Kate waters down high fashion. If you are going to wear designer pieces, don’t frump it up with tights. Or a black blazer. Kate usually wears black pumps. Don’t expect cool shoe choices from her.

3. lee February 2, 2011 at 16:28 #

FC, you excited for the big wedding? Any predictions on who Kate will wear?

• Fashion Critic February 2, 2011 at 16:56 #

It’s on my birthday so I’m more excited about getting a holiday on my birthday.

She’s not very stylish so I’m not getting my hopes up

• molly February 2, 2011 at 22:15 #

Im glad that im not the only one who feels the same way. Everyone keeps going on about how shes such a huge fashion icon…i dont really see that. Her taste is all over the place.

4. Lee Ann February 2, 2011 at 19:27 #

She is like a bad Barbie

5. Sharon February 2, 2011 at 23:16 #

I’m not fond of the blazer, but I’m more curious about how Kate got those voluminous white sleeves into the skinny little blazer sleeves. I would think it would have a linebacker-like feel to it.

6. mochababe73 February 3, 2011 at 02:29 #

I don’t see why everyone is so enthralled with Kate’s looks. She plays it safe. Her comparison to Lady Diana is ludicruous. For me, the Princess was more daring and fierce with her fashion choices.
    I went with Kerry. Kate destroyed the look with the blazer and tights.

• Fashion Critic February 3, 2011 at 07:00 #

I agree it is ridiculous. Kate isn’t a patch on Lady Di.

She needs an uber stylist pronto

7. pipsqueak February 3, 2011 at 04:27 #

I favor Kate just marginally. I don’t like Kerry’s bell sleeves and big bangs. I’m a blazer girl, so Kate won me over. Somehow I thought her dress might be slightly different – maybe sleeveless. Just hard to imagine those bell sleeves fit in the blazer.

Kate reminds me of Melinda Gates (Mrs. Bill Gates). They both have mature faces and look slightly older, despite wearing long hair, which is supposed to take a few years off of a woman. I hope she’s as smart and strong as Melinda. I don’t think Di was very strong – stylish for sure, though.

• Ines February 4, 2011 at 11:00 #

KM is a lady who graduated from university and spend 4 to 5 years doing nothing except partying every week end and going on holidays. Then she worked part time 3 days a week and asked to be have flexible hours due to personal commitment. Finally she fell into darkness 2 years ago and allegedly worked for her family.
      Please don’t compare her to Melinda Gate who is the ultimate IT woman and a great example of a woman balancing a fiercely demanding education and career, family and public life.

KM is neither a fashion icon (I mean she ruined this 1,300£ dress with those tights and blazers) and does not have the work ethic, the ambition or resume of a Melinda Gates.
      Time will tell how she manages her position and I do hope that she’ll do fine and be happy in the process.

Anyway, yes KM needs a stylist fast as FC said!

• pipsqueak February 6, 2011 at 16:33 #

Oh … thanks for the info. I have no idea of Kate. I’m just a cynic who don’t care about the royal families anywhere, including the quasi-royalty that we have in America (e.g. the Kennedys). I was only comparing Kate’s and Melinda’s faces. I have true admiration for Melinda. As with Kate, sounds like she’s perfect for the royal family – they are no role models. Ok … thanks again for the scoop. I shouldn’t degress anymore on the fashion blog.

8. Allison February 17, 2011 at 01:29 #

I think kerry shows off the beauty of the dress.

9. Ivan Kiryushin March 25, 2011 at 15:34 #

KERRY LOOKS MUCH MORE BETTER THAN KATE MIDDLETON. IT’S UNQUESTIONABLE AND NO BRAINER. KERRY LOOKS EXTREMELY HOTT, BEAUTIFUL, SEXY AND JUST ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE IN THIS DRESS. VERY LOVE HER HAIRSTYLE, HER HAIRSTYLE MUCH BETTER THAN KATE’S MIDDLETON. MOREOVER I THINK THAT THIS HAIRSTYLE IS ONE OF THE BEST FOR KERRY WASHINGTON, IS ONE OF THE MOST SUITABLE FOR HER !!! SHE LOOKS IN THIS PICTURE EXTREMELY STYLISH AND FASHIONABLE. HER DRESS, SHOES AND EVERY PART OF HER OUTFIT IS GREAT. SHE HAS MUCH BETTER SENSE OF STYLE THAN PLENTY OF WOMAN AND AND EVEN THAN LADY GAGA. KERRY IS JUST INCREDIBLE WOMAN.