Leighton Meester In Proenza Schouler – NYLON February Cover Issue Party

Leighton Meester’s final stop on a very busy day in New York City was at the NYLON party.

The party was to celebrate the February Issue which Leighton covers.

Her final look is a Proenza Schouler Spring 2011 dress.

The orange and black layered drape dress is a bit too shapeless for my personal taste.

I would have liked this dress better without the chiffon layer and I would’ve preferred this look without the Brian Atwood ‘Bettina’ black pumps.

Despite that Leighton had a very impressive day working 3 different styles. She deserves a lot of praise for constantly keeping things interesting.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Nieves Alvarez In Gucci - Woolmark's 'Campaña por la Lana' Campaign Unveiling

Nieves Alvarez In Gucci – Woolmark’s ‘Campaña por la Lana’ Campaign Unveiling

Heidi Klum In Suno - Capture the Flag'' Game in Support of The Heart Truth Campaign

Heidi Klum In Suno – Capture the Flag” Game in Support of The Heart Truth Campaign

19 Responses to Leighton Meester In Proenza Schouler – NYLON February Cover Issue Party

1. Ethne Blist February 2, 2011 at 16:18 #

This is more interesting on the runway. I t looks meh on Leighton. This dress looked stunning on Kristen Stewart.

2. mol February 2, 2011 at 16:18 #

Uncharacteristic for Leighton to deflate a look – the runway version (shorter skirt, a more defined difference between the back and front of the chiffon top) gets the proportions of this outfit right. I love the burnt orange and dark brown colors on her though.

3. Rebecca February 2, 2011 at 16:19 #

hard to imagine what lead anyone to choose this mess of a dress. Seems designed to make one look saggy from the bust down. Her other outfits were gorgeous, tho.

4. Emma February 2, 2011 at 16:49 #

I sort of like this look. It would have been better if it were shorter and with different shoes.

5. Laura February 2, 2011 at 16:50 #

The streak had to stop sometime. This is just not my fave. I agree with you that the chiffon layer isn’t good. But the whole look in general seems like it’s trying too hard to be edgy and cool.

6. ShoeGal February 2, 2011 at 16:54 #

This dress looked beautiful on Kristen Stewart in this months issue of Vogue magazine. But Leighton doesn’t have the Schouler ‘look’ to pull it off. She just looks like she’s always trying too hard to be a fashionista while it should appear effortless. I am sure, regaurdless she will be a BDOTW contender yet again though.

• ale February 2, 2011 at 18:00 #

oh please! this doesn’t look as fabulous as the other two looks..i give you that. but she still looks refreshing and adorable! she and proenza have a long history…give a little credit to jack mccollough and lazaro hernandez. they have great eye for special and cool girls. she is one of them for sure!

• b February 3, 2011 at 02:59 #

I agree. She could definitely rock it if it’s been shorten. Leighton and PS are just win win.

For me, she looks great sans the length. She’s just a small girl and knee length dress is a bit tricky to pull off.

KStew is also small thats why they cropped just her knees up I think

7. Sara J February 2, 2011 at 17:58 #

The chiffon layer and skirt length are super unflattering…

8. manja February 2, 2011 at 18:34 #

not good,not good at all

9. C February 2, 2011 at 18:36 #

….is totally wrong. I just want to go there with my needles and fix it myself. The runway dress is beautiful, especially with the shoulders exposed.

10. Hermione Weasley February 2, 2011 at 18:39 #

I like how this looks on Leighton, actually, my only problem are the shoes. They’re horrible and too heavy.

11. Ann February 2, 2011 at 18:39 #

IMO this dress looks way better on Leighton despite black heels.

12. yaz February 2, 2011 at 18:58 #

looks better on kristen stewart

13. carine February 2, 2011 at 19:20 #

gorgeous creature remains gorgeous. i just love it when she wears proenza!

14. Darling February 2, 2011 at 19:32 #

This photo doesn’t do her justice, but I think she looked WAY better with her jacket on!

15. nicknick February 3, 2011 at 00:22 #

this is not a good look at all for her, its frumpy and makes her look old and dull, plus she needed to be taller to pull it of better

16. mochababe73 February 3, 2011 at 02:10 #

This outfit made the model look a little hippy and square. The chiffon overlay is weird.
    To honest, my first thought is that she looks pregnant.

17. Alina February 3, 2011 at 08:11 #

I like the hairstyle and the make-up.