Keira Knightley For Elle UK March 2011

British actress Keira Knightley gives us her signature pout as she graces the cover of Elle UK for their March 2011 issue.

Keira wears Tom Ford’s much-coveted debut women’s collection in the editorial.

In her exclusive interview with Elle, Keira talks about the power of fashion and her own personal style.

The full shoot and interview appears in the March issue of Elle, out February 2nd. You can also check out the behind-the-scenes video at Elle UK.

Here are some extracts.

On her Chanel campaign: “There’s something about the story of the woman, the survivor nature of her. And that personality has continued within the whole house. It’s a very small group of people who do this enormous, huge, worldwide thing. I just thought, “Ooh, I’d quite like to look into your world.” You walk into the ateliers and it’s nearly like stepping back in time, even though it’s so modern and so current. The skill and the thought that goes into everything. I find it really interesting.”

On the most expensive thing she’s ever bought: “A pale sheepskin coat from Burberry. ‘My mum was like, “You cannot spend that amount of money on a coat”, and I was like, “No, you’re right I can’t, I can’t.” And then literally it was months, months of thinking about it and thinking, “I’m not going to do it, I’m not going to do it.” But then she said, “Right, if you’re going to buy it, you have to wear it all the time.” So I wore it every day last year and I’m going to wear it every day this year.”

On managing her workload: “I was literally going from job to job to job to job and any time off in between was promoting a job, or preparing for the next job. And it was exactly what I thought I wanted at the time and then I realised that I’d sort of hit a brick wall. I knew I wasn’t taking anything in. There’s this strange thing where I feel incredibly privileged and I think I have an incredible amount of guilt about that. And so I thought I had to work all the time.”

Credit: Terry Tsiolis / courtesy of Elle magazine

2011 Vanity Fair Hollywood Issue

2011 Vanity Fair Hollywood Issue

Florence Welch In Elie Saab Couture – Bing Bar After Party

Florence Welch In Elie Saab Couture – Bing Bar After Party

31 Responses to Keira Knightley For Elle UK March 2011

1. Hermione Weasley February 1, 2011 at 12:57 #

Love the cover and love Keira <3

2. From Russia With Love February 1, 2011 at 13:13 #

A burberry shearling? Seriously? Even I have more expensive purchases. And I’m not a world famous actress who has been nominated for Oscar a couple of times *sigh*

3. claudia February 1, 2011 at 13:23 #

love the whole editorial but will she wear tom ford for the upcoming promotion tour too?haven’t known that

• Fashion Critic February 1, 2011 at 13:58 #

If she is the face of the brand, I’m sure she will wear Tom Ford for promotional tours.

• Ann February 1, 2011 at 14:17 #

She is? Wow, I didn’t know that.

• claudia February 1, 2011 at 15:02 #

i think that she has just worn his pieces for this shoot

• Anuska February 1, 2011 at 14:53 #

I’m not really sure she is the face of the brand. I think she is just modelling the first ever Tom Ford’s women collection on the magazine. Could I be wrong?

• Fashion Critic February 1, 2011 at 15:10 #

she is the face of the brand. I wouldn’t have written it if it weren’t correct.

4. Joy February 1, 2011 at 14:22 #

Isn’t this the coat we have seen her wear in several pictures? Wasn’t there one last week? I too have more expensive purchases, that’s scary! How funny!

• Fashion Critic February 1, 2011 at 14:23 #

yes it is that very coat

• Lee Ann February 1, 2011 at 14:49 #

Lets face it for really expensive clothes she is lent items to wear since she can mostly wear things once in Public. Having said that, I think her attitude is refreshing. I also think she is stunning and far more beautiful than say a Angelina Jolie who is starting to resemble a wax work.

5. Eris February 1, 2011 at 14:24 #

Well, her comment about the Burberry coat she bought makes her seem really down to earth. I’m really surprised.

But about the cover, am I the only one really intrigued by the pout ?

Because usually, magazines that does photoshoot of Keira seems to rather choose pictures without The Pout for their editorial. Is The Pout getting to be part of Keira photogenic beauty ?

Because obviously, before that it seemed to be mostly considered as a defect…

6. Ethne Blist February 1, 2011 at 14:26 #

I love the hair quiff- kind of like Elie Jackson from La Roux. I love her husky makeup.

7. Amy February 1, 2011 at 14:39 #

Where did you hear she was the face of the brand?
    I thought he just styled her for this shoot only.

• Fashion Critic February 1, 2011 at 15:13 #

she is the face of the brand. The PR who sent me the images told me.

• Ann February 1, 2011 at 15:20 #

Can she be the face of two companies at once? I mean she’s still the face of Chanel. Fashion Critic, I’m not questioning your knowledge here, I know that you’re right. I’m just curious is it possible to that?

• Fashion Critic February 1, 2011 at 15:32 #

Elle who interviewed Keira sent me these pictures and told me that she is the face for Tom Ford for 6 years.

Many models and celebrities are the face of several brands.

• Lee Ann February 1, 2011 at 15:56 #

Karlie Kloss is the face of Dior and Donna Karan- kier a is only the face for the perfume not the clothes.

8. LizLemooooon February 1, 2011 at 15:28 #

I’m sure her job has it’s less glamorous side like most things but seriously she is so incredibly privileged she could just disappear for a month or so if she feels that stressed out instead of complaining about something that I would hardly even call a job.
    These pictures are dull, Elle has been lacking a certain joie de vivre lately.

• Ines February 1, 2011 at 16:16 #

Yeah I feel like she is becoling the next Kristen Stewart (thx God Stewart does not complain as much anymore)
      Don’t like that shoot much, I preferred the previous Vogue Italia. It was different but really good :)

• Jackie February 1, 2011 at 22:19 #

I do suppose she complains a bit but I think she has an incredibly refreshing and mature outlook on things. in fact she said herself in an interview (forget which one) that she did try to ‘dissapear’ by taking time off and just traveling and spending time with friends and family and I think it was good for her because for awhile she said she didnt want to do films anymore but she finally decided to return to doing what she really loved. But yeah I guess she could complain even now a little less.

9. Shell February 1, 2011 at 15:51 #

I would never doubt you FC! hehe
    I think Keira is one of the most beautiful woman ever. Cant wait to see her on red carpet again

• Fashion Critic February 1, 2011 at 15:57 #

10. mol February 1, 2011 at 16:11 #

Lucky Tom Ford – I think Keira is a photographer’s dream, her face especially, all angles and broad high cheekbones. I’m definitely gonna buy this issue!

11. A February 1, 2011 at 17:55 #

Can’t wait for this issue to come to Sweden! Also the Harper’s Bazaar with Gwyneth Paltrow! <3

12. Teleholic February 1, 2011 at 21:24 #

Isn’t it funny how the interviews between Diane for Glamour and Keira for Elle are so similar? Their interest in fashion, and their guilt about expensive purchases, and how long it took them to buy those pricey items. I read them one after the other so I noticed the similarity :)

Love both of them, and I love Keira on this cover. I can’t wait until she starts promoting her movie so we can see her fashion choices.

• Fashion Critic February 1, 2011 at 21:43 #

it is uncanny

13. Saara February 2, 2011 at 06:43 #

I like her hair in the pics – the pout not so much

14. ullis February 2, 2011 at 13:13 #

how much was that burberry coat? She shouldnt have bought it (mainly bc its made of sheepskin)

15. Amy February 3, 2011 at 17:11 #

Apparently ELLE got mixed up and she isn’t the face of the brand after all.

• Fashion Critic February 3, 2011 at 19:00 #

what a major f@ up by Elle.

I asked them twice and they told me that she was the face. I thought 6 years was a long time