01.02.11

2011 Vanity Fair Hollywood Issue

The 17th annual Vanity Fair Hollywood Issue cover features the most exciting actors and actresses of the moment.

For the actual cover Oscar co-hosts Anne Hathaway and James Franco are joined by Ryan Reynolds and Jake Gyllenhaal.

Inside we see a mixture of newcomers and familar faces including Jennifer Lawrence, Anthony Mackie, Olivia Wilde, Jesse Eisenberg, Mila Kunis, Joseph Gordon Levitt, Andrew Garfield, Rashida Jones, Garrett Hedlund, Noomi Rapace and Robert Duvall.

The cover was shot by Norman Jean Roy.

Who Wore Alberta Ferretti Better? Violante Placido or Tess Daly

Who Wore Alberta Ferretti Better? Violante Placido or Tess Daly

Keira Knightley For Elle UK March 2011

Keira Knightley For Elle UK March 2011

20 Responses to 2011 Vanity Fair Hollywood Issue

1. robbie February 1, 2011 at 11:36 #

wtf is olivia wilde wearing? it looks like someone just put scrap material over her body. anne looking absolutely incredible. i think im in love with jesse eisenberg and that adorable lion cub.

• pipsqueak February 3, 2011 at 04:47 #

Seriously, Olivia Wilde and Garrett Hedlund? WTF … because they were in that horrible Tron? TV stars, please get lost! Unless you’re the incredible Tina Fey. And Robert Duvall? Is he the chaperone at Vanity Fair prom or some old, wise bar tender spewing razzmatazz to the youngsters? But the cover looks stunning, I admit. I just love Jesse Eisenberg and Andrew Garfield. I’m so thrilled about their mainstream success. Who cares about Robert Pattinson? Garfield is the bomb.

2. Eeva February 1, 2011 at 11:50 #

Wow, stunning cover, everyone looks sensational but my favorite is the baby cheetah.

3. Mahima February 1, 2011 at 12:15 #

Is Mila Kunis wearing the Louis Vuitton Spring 2011 that Leighton Meester wore, but has Mila’s been shortened?
    Maybe its a different dress but they look very similar.

• Fashion Critic February 1, 2011 at 12:48 #

yes I believe so

4. Anita February 1, 2011 at 12:27 #

Stunning spread! everybody makes sense except Rasheeda Jones and Robert Duvall. Suprised Rooney Mara wasnt included but I guess they had the “orginal” aka Noomie Rapace (<3) so why bother with the copy lol. Im just happy that Joseph Gordon Levitt was included as he is SO underrated.

Loved Mila Kunis dress, she totally stood out along with Annie.
    WTF is Olivia Wilde wearing, she might aswell have been nekkid.
    It took a while to recognise Jennifer Lawrence, kinda reminded me of Dianna Agron.

5. Marvel February 1, 2011 at 12:31 #

Most of these actors have either been on this issue before or well knonw (Anne, Ryan, Jake and James) and yet they put them on the front of the cover. I would have preffered Jessie, Jennifer, Joseph and Anthony.

• justme February 1, 2011 at 14:18 #

I agree. Logic would be to let the upcomers shine but that’s Vanity Fair for you.

• Elle February 4, 2011 at 21:21 #

It just because they could sell more copies(through most of Jake’s movies are flops recently)

6. Anna February 1, 2011 at 12:48 #

Hmm.. I just think that this looks somewhat.. errr.. cheap?
    It’s like – LOOK, WE’RE ALL SEXY AND OLDTIMEY GLAMOROUS AT THE SAME TIME! AND WE”RE AT A BAR! GUYS AND DOLLS! LOOK AT US, CHOSEN ONES!

+ no Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams = fail.

+ why is Robert Duvall put behind the bar? You can hardly notice him.

7. Kaylie February 1, 2011 at 12:58 #

I love Robert Duvall but he is SO much older than everyone else, and he is the only “older” one there… sort of a WTF choice.

Also, Olivia Wilde looks like a hooker compared to everyone else.

8. justme February 1, 2011 at 14:17 #

No offence but why is Ryan Reynolds on the main cover, again? His year has hardly been impressive (Buried, anyone? I thought so lol) and his only big project is Green Lantern which has good chances of flopping big time. I’m sorry but they had more cover worthy people than him.
    Ok, back to the fashion, I love Olivia but I agree with others’ comments. Her dress makes her look very cheap especially compared to the others.

9. gabs February 1, 2011 at 14:38 #

Ryan and Jake don’t deserve the cover spot. They aren’t oscar contenders at all this year. Didn’t do anything noteworthy. Anne and James are hosting the oscars, so I get them.

I hate how they styled Mila and Olivia. Made them skanky and cheap looking. It ruins the spread for me. This isnt playboy

Overall its a bad picture but the few standouts for me are Anne, Jennifer, and Rashida

10. Jones19 February 1, 2011 at 14:47 #

Wow all the ladies look stunning (especially Anne) bar Olivia Wilde, a little underdressed here compared to the others.

11. LG February 1, 2011 at 15:14 #

So monochromatic as usual. I’m shocked they managed to include two people of color (a notable step up for VF, I guess). Regardless, everyone looks great. I’m glad to see Rashida Jones, I think she’s so gorgeous and needs to have more opportunities. Antony Mackie is insanely talented. And Jennifer Lawrence, I’m in love with, I really hope I see her in more films. Why on earth is Jake up there, lol?

The clothes are gorgeous (except for Olivia’s scarf, poor woman, how do you even move in that?).

12. LizLemooooon February 1, 2011 at 15:31 #

Hahaha so Vanity Fair managed to force themselves to include two people of colour on the cover. I suppose they think it’s progress.
    Anthony Mackie was in an Oscar nominated film last year, they could have included him then but chose not to they could have also included Zoe Saldana and Gabourey Sidibie but again chose to ignore them and put together that last lily white Hollywood issue instead.
    I feel like this is tokenism.
    ANYWAY politics aside everyone looks great, Garrett Hedlund is one to watch, he looks gorgeous. I don’t understand Olivia’s dress but hey if you’ve got the figure for it…
    The women stand out more but I’m disappointed that some are so skimpily dressed and so sexed up at least in comparison to the men.

13. Gaber February 1, 2011 at 15:39 #

This is so … white.

14. Nia February 1, 2011 at 16:51 #

Who is the lady at the end in the purple dress? Anyway it’s very pretty and she looks lovely.
    Love everyone on the cover ESPECIALLY Joseph Gordon Levitt and Andrew Garfield (swoon and double swoon) and Jennifer Lawrence.
    Do not understand what Ryan Reynolds, Rashida Jones or Jake or Anne are doing there either, but anyway…..

• Fashion Critic February 1, 2011 at 16:57 #

Noomi Repace

15. marie February 1, 2011 at 20:46 #

i hate hate hate what they made olivia wilde wear..she’s so much better than that..but J G-L is so delish..and i didnt know noomi rapace could be so chic..