Winona Ryder In Alberta Ferretti Bridal – 2011 SAG Awards

Here Comes The Bride Award
If you thought Winona Ryder dress at the 2011 SAG Awards looked very bridal, well it is.

Her white strapless Alberta Ferretti gown is from the Spring 2011 bridal collection.

It’s a sweet look and refreshing from her usual black, but it’s not the right look for Gothic Winona.

I may have liked it had she done something different with her hair like a chic updo, but the high curly ponytail isn’t sophisticated enough for the dress.

Vram for Gray jewels and a black clutch completed her look.

Credit: Alberta Ferretti.com & Zuma

Luisa Ranieri In Armani Privé - ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Luisa Ranieri In Armani Privé – ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Kate Mara In Herve Leger by Max Azria - 2011 SAG Awards

Kate Mara In Herve Leger by Max Azria – 2011 SAG Awards

18 Responses to Winona Ryder In Alberta Ferretti Bridal – 2011 SAG Awards

1. The Clothes Whisperer January 31, 2011 at 11:27 #

realllly not loving the bridal moment. Is she saving that dress for another occasion? You know how I feel about Ferretti, desperate to get married in her myself, but NOT Ferretti bridal!!

xx

2. Jarrold January 31, 2011 at 11:30 #

OMG, She looked crazy faced! Her eyes were all over the place last night UGH. That being said she looks good in the dress, but the hair wasnt right, it looks like she is going to work at McDonalds all she needs is the hat

3. Terry January 31, 2011 at 11:36 #

There’s something deeply wrong and it’s the hairstyle. Tragic.

4. Joy January 31, 2011 at 11:55 #

I agree she looks like a deer in the headlights. I do love the dress though, super pretty. The dress just doesn’t go with her, so out of place. Not great with her mega eye makeup and teenage hairdo either. I think even though it is bridal, this dress on the right person could be stunning.

5. Jones19 January 31, 2011 at 12:01 #

No no no never wear a wedding dress on the red carpet! What was she thinking? Those crazy eyes are not helping.

6. D January 31, 2011 at 12:02 #

nice dress, make up too heavy , wrong hair, wrong bag.

7. robbie January 31, 2011 at 12:10 #

i quite like the dress but the hair and make-up seem to drastic with such a pretty dress, someone more natural looking would have been lovely, and the black bag *shakes head*

8. Alina January 31, 2011 at 12:22 #

Easily my worst dressed of the night.

9. Marvel January 31, 2011 at 12:51 #

The dress is nice and she would have gotten away with it if it wasnt for the hair and bag. I think if she carried a colourful clutch (blue?) then it would have stooped looking so Wedding-y

10. Leti January 31, 2011 at 13:09 #

Although the hair and makeup are although wrong, I think the dress is an improvement over what she normally wears.

• Ethne Blist January 31, 2011 at 13:21 #

I agree. Winona Ryder is no fashion icon. She just isn’t into this whole red carpet fashion thing. So this is refreshing. Thank god she didn’t go all gothic on us.

11. Laura January 31, 2011 at 13:27 #

This makes her look wider than she is. And the hair and bag are just no! Winona needs a style intervention.

12. Vidhya January 31, 2011 at 13:36 #

There was a time when i thot she was really cute.. these days she just looks stoned in all the events.. why is she glaring at the photographers… !!!!

• ahot January 31, 2011 at 15:51 #

lol!!!
      she hates them for sure! love her

13. ashley January 31, 2011 at 15:58 #

this woman always has weird crazy eyes. D:

14. karen January 31, 2011 at 19:02 #

i think she’s a mess. Really sad actually because she was the it girl back in the day and now she looks just all washed up. The hair and makeup looks like it was done by an amateur. It seems like she couldn’t afford a decent stylist to help her out with her overall look.

15. smolls January 31, 2011 at 21:06 #

For some reason I thought of Helena Bonham Carter when I saw this look…hmmm. I really do like Winona, I just wish she would choose more flattering looks. :(

16. mochababe73 January 31, 2011 at 23:55 #

I wasn’t comfortable seeing her in this dress, and she doesn’t look comfortable in it. So unfortunate because this is just not her. I appreciate the fact that she tried to change it up but a bridal gown? No. Just. No.