Mila Kunis In Alexander McQueen – 2011 SAG Awards

Most Dramatic Award
Mila Kunis was one of my favourites on the red carpet at the 2011 SAG Awards.

She wore an Alexander McQueen chiffon bustier dress from the Resort 2010 colleciton with a sweetheart neckline and dramatic print.

I much prefer Mila’s version as it has less black in the skirt, plus I love the clear waistband she added to her look.

The dramatic nature of the gown was soothed with beautiful tumbling waves and pink lips.

Cartier jewels completed her look.

Mila is up for the Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role Award for “Black Swan.”

Credit: Style.com & Getty

36 Comments
Angie Harmon In Monique Lhuillier - 2011 SAG Awards

Angie Harmon In Monique Lhuillier – 2011 SAG Awards

January Jones In Carolina Herrera - 2011 SAG Awards

January Jones In Carolina Herrera – 2011 SAG Awards

36 Responses to Mila Kunis In Alexander McQueen – 2011 SAG Awards

1. Jones19 January 31, 2011 at 01:03 #

Mila and Lea Michele are the best dressed as far as I’ve seen. Love this McQueen on her, she carries it perfectly. Man I would kill for her hair and makeup. Flawless.

2. Laura January 31, 2011 at 01:05 #

Happy to see McQueen at the SAG’s. I’m with you that it looks better with the white! Another bold choice that I really like.

3. Martin January 31, 2011 at 01:08 #

WAY too much fabric for such a petite girl. The poor thing looks as though she is drowning in it. And I actually prefer the black in the skirt – lends it a more dramatic tone in my opinion. This is the epitome of a blah look for me.

• Leti January 31, 2011 at 03:24 #

I agree both counts!

• Pati January 31, 2011 at 07:16 #

I feel exactly the same about this look! It´s become too cute with the waistband and without the black in the skirt… All the drama is lost for me…

• Gretta January 31, 2011 at 07:27 #

Completely agree on all fronts! It looks like a tent on her.

• Ayesha January 31, 2011 at 08:38 #

agreed…and hate the waistband!

• Amelia January 31, 2011 at 13:14 #

I almost cried when I saw this, cause I had been hoping to see this dress on the red carpet for so long, but with the horrid waistband plus the abscence of the black part, all went wrong imo.

• b January 31, 2011 at 13:34 #

I agree with you!

I like the black version more. It’s just so dramatic. The Mila version just looks so casual to me and I don’t like the waistband.

She’s too tiny to begin with.

• Incroyable January 31, 2011 at 14:10 #

100% agreed. LOVE the dress on the runway ! Mila’s version makes her look “Heavy”

4. Elaine January 31, 2011 at 01:11 #

my favourite of the night so far – and she came across so adorable and likeable when interviewed by E!

5. Yaas January 31, 2011 at 01:11 #

I like the original more. More black, more gothic and I think Mila could pull it off well.

• mol January 31, 2011 at 03:20 #

I agree, perhaps she wouldn’t have looked so small and lost then, the drama of black would have pulled her up…..she has a sweet but intense face and the gothic vibe in the black would have accentuated that. Still, she looks awfully pretty, so i’m not totally dissing her….

6. Sharon January 31, 2011 at 01:17 #

I love this dress on Mila and had a hard time looking at anyone else when she was in view. It bothered me, though, that she kept sweeping her hair off her face. If it bothered her that much, it should have been styled differently. It was really distracting.

7. Christian January 31, 2011 at 01:47 #

This is honestly my Worst of SAG. I love McQueen but mila is drowning in the dress. How you could think that she looks better than the model floors me!!! The model is carrying the dress with strength. Mila looks like a little girl trying on a couture dress. And hate the white instead of black. Actually hate everything about this look on her. She ruined one of the best gowns from all of Resort.

• Linda January 31, 2011 at 03:39 #

I agree partially. It’s not my worst of SAG, but I totally agree it looks way better on the model, who, as you say, carries the dress with strenght.

I also like the black a lot better than the white. It makes it much more dramatic. I also don’t like the clear belt.

This dress needs to be worn by someone tall and confident – I hate to say it yet again, but Cate Blanchett comes to mind or maybe Tilda Swinton.

That said, I certainly don’t think she deserves to be on any worst dressed list or anything. It’s just that you can see what the dress could have been when compared to the model pic.

8. Ethne Blist January 31, 2011 at 01:53 #

Thank god it is NOT black. Phew. This is new for Mila and I am so pleased with this on her. Petite women can wear flowy gowns! So just because it’s flowy doesn’t necessarily mean it’s overwhelm her.

• Alina January 31, 2011 at 05:31 #

Ditto!

I loved her GG look and I love this. She’s making really good choices.

9. KateS January 31, 2011 at 01:56 #

She’s far too tiny for this dress, which needs to be worn by someone statuesque. It looks like she’s hiding behind all that hair and fabric.
    I think the dress is less dramatic without the black, too, although the belt is a good addition with the lighter coloured skirt.

10. Hannah January 31, 2011 at 01:58 #

I adored this dress, i love it’s ethereal quality, but I am dissappointed with how it looks on photo, she looked gorgeous on E!. I also have to say that I am sad and shocked that she wasn;t nominated for an oscar, but still goes and looks her fabulous self on feb 27th.

11. Alyson January 31, 2011 at 02:30 #

This may be my favorite look of the night. I love a girl who’ll take on a print, and Mila does it so well. Can’t wait to see her at the Oscars, even though I think she was robbed not to be nominated, I’m glad she’ll be there for Best Picture.

12. pipsqueak January 31, 2011 at 02:35 #

Mila is one of my favorites on SAG red carpet, too. I like this look much better than that at the Globes. Also happy for Mila’s nom. She was snubbed by Globes, which is such a joke.

13. mochababe73 January 31, 2011 at 02:53 #

I can’t believe that I am writing this, but I like the runway version better. I think that the black actually brings out the brighter colors. The clear waistband looks like a cheap piece of plastic, and the hair should be pulled back.

14. nicky January 31, 2011 at 03:02 #

the dress is drowning mila in my opinion. gorgeous dress on a beautiful girl but it doesn’t work. much prefer the version on the model who wears it gracefully and effotlessly

15. Pam January 31, 2011 at 03:58 #

I agree that this dress is gorgeous! Mila is such a beautiful woman, but I think she needs to realize that petite women cannot make the same choices as those 5’5″ and taller. Because of the long train and volume, this McQueen dress is better suited to taller women. If she wants to wear these types of styles, they need to be adapted for her stature so that they don’t make her look even shorter. The clear belt is a great accessory, but in some pictures on other websites, it creates an odd bulk at the sides of her waist (http://justjared.buzznet.com/photo-gallery/2515396/mila-kunis-sag-awards-04/). Hair and makeup are great as per usual.

16. Alicat January 31, 2011 at 04:10 #

I agree with those above who prefer the version with more black as worn by the model. It is far more dramatic, and McQueen is all about drama. Even wearing the paler version, I do not feel Mila has the presence to carry it off. It needs more height and a healthy dose of attitude.

17. mikeijames January 31, 2011 at 04:19 #

perfect dress, of course, but there’s something about it that conjures that heady emotionalism of her dark character in the film. she could not have chose a more fitting gown.

18. Ev January 31, 2011 at 05:13 #

I think she shouldn’t have replaced the black part of the skirt with the pink. It cost the dress almost all the drama. Plus I think the dress makes her looks wider than she is, especially in the hips

19. rjp January 31, 2011 at 05:58 #

This dress was stunning. One of the best tonight if not the best.

20. Ariel January 31, 2011 at 06:21 #

Stunning gown. This picture isn’t the most flattering.

• Marvel January 31, 2011 at 12:50 #

I agree. She looks really short in the gown and looks like it’s overwhelming her

21. D January 31, 2011 at 10:37 #

FC, i would like to see fan bingbing in this dress :)

22. june January 31, 2011 at 10:57 #

i loved her in this dress. it’s a little bit too much dress on her, but it’s so lovely and mila’s so pretty. fyi, the belt isn’t actually clear — it’s printed with the same pattern the dress has, but a few shades lighter.

23. Emi January 31, 2011 at 10:59 #

I like this gown but I would have preferred it with a touch of black. Also I think that it fits a bit loose on the waist. I don’t know if a petite girl like her should avoid this kind of dresses, i just think that the train should have been shorten a bit. i saw amazing gown on Kylie Minogue and she looked great. It’s not a matter of height, but of proportions, 99% of the times.

24. Rahel January 31, 2011 at 11:28 #

I love this dress.

25. smolls January 31, 2011 at 18:41 #

I think she looks A-mazing!! The dress is gorgeous & she totally pulls it off – BDOTE (event) & BDOTW contender for sure!