Kate Mara In Herve Leger by Max Azria – 2011 SAG Awards

Worst Dressed Award
I wasn’t particularly blown away by the looks at the 2011 SAG Awards last night.

There were a lot of meh, just OK looks, but Kate Mara’s Herve Leger by Max Azria Spring 2011 gown caught my eye for all the wrong reasons.

I had a feeling this dress wouldn’t translate well off the runway, and that thought has been proved to right.

The dress makes her appear wider than she is and it’s very unflattering.

Her look was paired with a BCBG MAx Azria clutch.

Credit: Style.com & Zuma Press

Winona Ryder In Alberta Ferretti Bridal - 2011 SAG Awards

Winona Ryder In Alberta Ferretti Bridal – 2011 SAG Awards

Glee Girls @ The 2011 SAG Awards

Glee Girls @ The 2011 SAG Awards

16 Responses to Kate Mara In Herve Leger by Max Azria – 2011 SAG Awards

1. mm January 31, 2011 at 11:45 #

My mother must’ve did her hair. That was my hair do in elementary school.

2. Mary January 31, 2011 at 11:48 #

For me, it’s not so much the dress, as the headband. She looks like a medieval maid in her underwear :P

• Alina January 31, 2011 at 12:21 #

I agree. With sexy loose curls this could have worked.

• Anita January 31, 2011 at 12:38 #

Yep! its definetly the headband. Plus the fact that shes not owning the look – shes not diva enough for it lol

3. Joy January 31, 2011 at 11:51 #

Yikes! This is how NOT to wear a Harve Leger. Poor girl. What is up with the headband?

4. Jones19 January 31, 2011 at 12:00 #

Oh good lord…yes I agree, I saw the back of this dress in a photo of Dianna Agron and wondered who was wearing it. Looks terrible on her.

5. D January 31, 2011 at 12:00 #

not for her. might work on someone else :p

6. robbie January 31, 2011 at 12:07 #

terrible looking dress, both on the runway and on her. but least on the model she has the height to almost pull it off.

7. Marvel January 31, 2011 at 12:34 #

Its a terrible dress and I dont think anyone could have made this look good

8. Ethne Blist January 31, 2011 at 13:20 #

I just have a thing against Herve Leger on someone like Kate Mara (respectable) and also on a respected red carpet like the SAGs. I actually think she look nice. I just don’t like this brand as a gown and as a red carpet look. Herve Leger to me should be for a night clubbing with the girls or a sexy night out with your man.

9. Cristina January 31, 2011 at 13:21 #

It just takes a certain type of woman to wear a HL dress. In my wildest dreams, I would never say that Kate Mara is one of them.

10. Laura January 31, 2011 at 13:26 #

Terrible and styled all wrong. One of few who got it totally wrong last night.

11. Hannah January 31, 2011 at 17:53 #

She really did not help herself with the headband-it doesn;t even coordinate with the neautral colour sof the dress.

12. mochababe73 January 31, 2011 at 23:49 #

I think that her bad posture doesn’t help this look at all. She doesn’t look confident in the look nor does she look comfortable. The headband makes her look as though she’s in elementary school. I take that back. I teach elementary, and those girls wouldn’t dare wear this.
    I think that the dress is too long. The ruffles are not hitting her in the same spot as the model.
    It’s amazing how someone as curvy as Kim Kardashian can wear Leger and not look wide. Kate looks wide.

13. elsa February 1, 2011 at 00:19 #

Sea slug+weaved basket maybe? Sorry for being harsh but it’s really not working.

14. Jinni February 3, 2011 at 13:47 #

Oh my days!!…that dress reminds me of those dolls my mother had on display