Jennifer Lawrence In Oscar de la Renta – 2011 SAG Awards

Best Use of Colour Award
Here we have yet another knock out look from Jennifer Lawrence.

She looked heavenly wearing an Oscar de la Renta Pre-Fall 2011 gown at the 2011 SAG Awards tonight.

It maybe raining, but the young actress added a hot burst of colour to the event with her shocking pink gown with draped bodice.

I love how she arranged the dress around her neckline and the addition of the black velvet belt (which looked better on TV).

Black heels and a jet black Judith Leiber ‘Flip Top Radiant’ clutch completed her look.

Jennifer is nominated in the Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role category for her role in “Winter’s Bone.”

Credit: Style.com & Getty

In Gwyneth Paltrow's Closet - Lanvin Metallic Dress

In Gwyneth Paltrow’s Closet – Lanvin Metallic Dress

Hailee Steinfeld In Prada - 2011 SAG Awards

Hailee Steinfeld In Prada – 2011 SAG Awards

27 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In Oscar de la Renta – 2011 SAG Awards

1. Laura January 31, 2011 at 00:10 #

This was one of my picks for Lea Michele. But it looks gorgeous on Jennifer. That color is to die for, and I love the black belt. Fab start to the SAG’s!

2. Jones19 January 31, 2011 at 00:10 #

I love me a hot pink dress but somehow it doesn’t suit her…maybe it’s the makeup or the color of the dress but something is off.

3. Martin January 31, 2011 at 00:14 #

Love the strikingly bold colour and the simple styling. Not such a fan of the belt though – looks a little incongruous and sits too flat for me. Almost as though it was an afterthought.

4. Kate McCarthy January 31, 2011 at 00:17 #

ooh like it,mainly because i LOVE her,so talented.love the black shoes that pick up the black belt.

5. molly January 31, 2011 at 00:19 #

Amazing!
    Im watching E!News and i have to say, the belt part is much better on TV than pictures. I love this!

• Fashion Critic January 31, 2011 at 00:25 #

I agree. had I not seen the look on TV I may not have liked the belt

6. june January 31, 2011 at 00:23 #

the dress and the colour of it is fantastic on jennifer. i’m not sure how i feel about the bow. sometimes i like it, sometimes it feels like there’s too much going on, what with the complicated neckline. i do wish her eye makeup wasn’t so heavy though

• Cristina January 31, 2011 at 03:15 #

Completely agree. Wish the belt had been a flat black band. Its way too much with all those straps around the neck.

7. hsua January 31, 2011 at 00:30 #

i prefer the runway version but i love this look classy and young

8. Marvel January 31, 2011 at 00:31 #

The dress is amazing and so is the whole look but if I had to nit pick I would say that the eye make up is a bit too harsh

9. mm January 31, 2011 at 00:36 #

She looked radiant on TV. Love the entire look, love her personality.

10. Sarah January 31, 2011 at 01:19 #

Would’ve been better with the runway belt. The black is just too jarring and thick. The hot pink is outstanding though.

11. Sharon January 31, 2011 at 01:24 #

Beautiful dress on a beautiful woman, but the black belt is too much IMO. There’s so much going on with all the straps, and the belt just doesn’t fit.

12. Ethne Blist January 31, 2011 at 01:59 #

This is a good look. Clean and simple. The black belt kinda takes away the princessy vibe from the runway silver belt.

13. Hannah January 31, 2011 at 02:06 #

It looked gorgeous on TV. I still prefer the runway look, but I don’t think it would have worked for jennifer.I love that sh eseemingly refuses to be boring! I hope her friend who she mentioned had fun watching her fabulous friend on tv!

14. Alyson January 31, 2011 at 02:20 #

I love the bold choices she continues to make. I’m looking forward to see what she does for the Oscars.

15. pipsqueak January 31, 2011 at 02:51 #

She looked so radiant and beautiful, though I wish the real actresses, the real movie stars stopped wearing Oscar de la Renta. They deserve better, a designer with some class. Jennifer Lawrence is so going to be our Kate Winslet!

16. mochababe73 January 31, 2011 at 03:02 #

Of all the shades of pink, this is by far my favorite. I love this version of the dress more than the runway. The belt is infinitely better than the chain one that the model is wearing.
    She looks beautiful.

17. Katie January 31, 2011 at 04:06 #

I MUCH prefer the runway version, with the graceful jewelry at the waist. She’s wearing it in a way that makes it look cheap. Ick.

18. Pam January 31, 2011 at 04:55 #

FC – you’re so cute! You said she looks “heavenly”, but with the bold color, smoky eyes, and big bow like a present, I thought she looked devilishly delightful! She’s definitely a rising star to watch both for her acting chops and style potential.

19. Alina January 31, 2011 at 06:04 #

I like the idea of the belt but I think a simplier one would have worked better.

Overall she looks beautiful.

20. Ben January 31, 2011 at 10:25 #

I Saw it on TV and she looked great!!!!! One of the best looks of the night!

21. D January 31, 2011 at 10:41 #

LOVE THIS!!!

22. Joy January 31, 2011 at 12:02 #

Love it! I saw a picture with her shoes showing and it looked soooo much better. This has to be a hard color to pull off. Another one of my favorites of the night.

23. Taise January 31, 2011 at 12:07 #

I love both versions, but I don’t like the black belt. I am in love with this hot pink! BEAUTIFUL!

24. Elle_gb January 31, 2011 at 12:17 #

The bow!!!! really!!!!???? it ruined everything.

25. dee January 31, 2011 at 15:51 #

I wish she had styled the dress like how it is on the runway.