Hailee Steinfeld In Prada – 2011 SAG Awards

Best Dressed Teen/Age Appropriate Award
Hailee Steinfeld looked so young fresh and modern on the red carpet at the 2011 SAG Awards today in LA.

This awards show tends to be little bit more relaxed than the others – remember Anna Paquin in Alexander McQueen last year?

With that in mind I think her Prada Spring 2011 magenta, black and tangerine striped dress with a flounced hem was the perfect choice for her.

Long wavy hair, hot pink nails and Solange Azagury-Partridge Hot Lips ring completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jennifer Lawrence In Oscar de la Renta - 2011 SAG Awards

Jennifer Lawrence In Oscar de la Renta – 2011 SAG Awards

Angie Harmon In Monique Lhuillier - 2011 SAG Awards

Angie Harmon In Monique Lhuillier – 2011 SAG Awards

35 Responses to Hailee Steinfeld In Prada – 2011 SAG Awards

1. Caroline January 31, 2011 at 00:16 #

She’s so adorable!! I hope she wins tonight.

2. Laura January 31, 2011 at 00:16 #

So fun. She’s so young, and I’m glad that she didn’t wear a “prom dress.” Edgy but still fun and age appropriate. That ring is such an interesting touch.

3. Michelle January 31, 2011 at 00:17 #

I absolutely love the dress, make-up and hair despite what everyone is saying about it. It’s so youthful and fun, love it!

4. Martin January 31, 2011 at 00:20 #

Beautiful. Young and fun and chic and bold. At first when I saw this gown I thought that it was a little too confronting to have such a crazy pattern from top to toe, but after having another closer look at it I must admit that I am in love. Gorgeous.

5. molly January 31, 2011 at 00:23 #

I dont like it, but when I think that she is 15 years old, i change my mind. I love the colors of the dress and how well she carries herself.

6. Jones19 January 31, 2011 at 00:29 #

So cute. Love it!

7. hsua January 31, 2011 at 00:32 #

she should wear the runway version it could be more fun .

• Anita January 31, 2011 at 05:05 #

Yeah I feel like she went for the longer version because she knew it was an awards RC. She would have gotten away with the shorter length because she is young. However she still looks cute but I would have preffered her in the shorter version.

8. Marvel January 31, 2011 at 00:32 #

I like the look but she needs to do something with her hair. If Prada is lending her dresses then surely someone can sort her hair out

9. Mackentiff January 31, 2011 at 00:34 #

She is fast becoming one of my red carpet favs

10. mm January 31, 2011 at 00:46 #

I just love it,it’s different for this show, but it works for her.

11. mol January 31, 2011 at 00:48 #

She’s adorable and carries this off, but I can’t help wishing she had worn the runway version.

12. Sharon January 31, 2011 at 01:15 #

She was adorable – age appropriate and looking like she was having so much fun. Great choice.

13. Ella January 31, 2011 at 01:26 #

So glad to see someone young who dresses age appropriately!! It is definitely edgy in its way–unique in others. I do hope she wins tonight!

14. niya January 31, 2011 at 01:56 #

This is so fun! i think it helps that she looks completely at ease as well – impressive for someone of her age!

15. Ethne Blist January 31, 2011 at 01:57 #

The vivid color is what makes it youthful. Other than that she isn’t a youthful dress. I personally think she can do better. This is too much of a stylist’s work. Hailee would have looked sweet and cute in Marchesa. I was hoping for that, but this look is cute too.

16. KateS January 31, 2011 at 02:03 #

Super-cute because she’s so young and the fit is so good.

17. Hannah January 31, 2011 at 02:04 #

I remember when I saw her on tv that I was so overjoyed. She is so gorgeous, lovely, humble and well spoken I really hope we see a lot more of her – I even forgave the fact she didn;t recognise this as a solange azagury-partridge ring! This dress literally made my weekend, she was so brave for choosing this, and I am so optimistic to not be bored at the oscars. I honestly don’t know why, but she is one of the few I remember so well from the Golden Globes. I also have to say (I doubt anyone else is as psyco attention to detail and sad as I am but still) I love her unplucked eyebrows, I would be so sad if she plucked them. Her hair and makeup are flawless as always.

• Hannah January 31, 2011 at 02:16 #

On a side note, was anyone else gritting their teeth as Giuliana Rancin kept saying, too her face no less, that Hailee was 15. SHE IS 14.

• Fashion Critic January 31, 2011 at 02:22 #

I tune out Rancic once she asks who are you wearing?

• Hannah January 31, 2011 at 02:40 #

I do usually, but I really wanted to hear what Hailee had to say. I wish they would just have Ryan Seacrest on the red carpet. It’s sad he was missing entirely this time.

18. From Russia With Love January 31, 2011 at 02:13 #

Oh God this is really good. I absolutely love it.

19. Alyson January 31, 2011 at 02:22 #

She hasn’t missed for me yet. She makes choices that are never boring and always age appropriate. Can’t wait to see what she does for the Oscars.

20. pipsqueak January 31, 2011 at 02:58 #

So lovely and age-appropriate. I really wish this girl great success in the future rather than just being another Marisa Tomei – talented yet underrated, b/c some of our dumb, unworldly movie goers just want to see bubbly, teethy, smiley Barbies on screen.

21. nicky January 31, 2011 at 02:59 #

she looks great. fun, age-appropiate and stylish. she really knows how to dress for her age, she’s beautiful as well!

22. mochababe73 January 31, 2011 at 03:00 #

LOVE.
    She looks so cute. I love the bold colors. This is my kind of dress.

23. mikeijames January 31, 2011 at 04:14 #

fantastic choice for this young starlet. i would’ve loved for those colorful spaghetti straps to remain, but it looks good with the other alterations. is she wearing the ring in red or pink?

24. WendyB January 31, 2011 at 05:17 #

I’m lusting for the short version of this dress.

25. Alina January 31, 2011 at 05:58 #

I love this look. It’s fresh and young.

I admire her ( / her stylist) for giving us different looks.

26. Ariel January 31, 2011 at 06:22 #

Love the colors! Young and fresh!

27. Gretta January 31, 2011 at 07:32 #

Prada does Bertie Bassett.

28. Saara January 31, 2011 at 08:48 #

Cute!

29. jenny w January 31, 2011 at 08:59 #

Infuriatingly in love with this look. How does a 14 year old look so consistently fashionable/confident/fresh/cute?! I was hanging round in uggs and jumper dresses at this age thinking I was the epitomy of style!

30. D January 31, 2011 at 10:40 #

not digging her hair :) but age appropriate/adorable x

31. Jarrold January 31, 2011 at 14:26 #