Eva Longoria In Georges Hobeika Couture – 2011 SAG Awards

Fresh Off The Runway Award
Fedex need to be commended because Eva Longoria’s Georges Hobeika Couture Spring 2011 Couture gown which she wore to the 2011 SAG Awards, only exited the runway in Paris last Monday.

Eva’s stone coloured toga-like gown had a very deep plunging neckline and was open at the sides but she avoided any wardrobe malfunctions.

This is a fabulous look, but I preferred how the look was styled on the runway with the stone beaded necklace and the way the dress drapes over the shoulders.

A wavy updo, metallic eyes, a Ferragamo silver metal minaudière and Fred Leighton drop earrings completed her look.

Credit: Georges Hobeika & Zuma Press

Maggie Gyllenhaal In Peter Som - Women In Film 2014 Crystal + Lucy Awards

Maggie Gyllenhaal In Peter Som – Women In Film 2014 Crystal + Lucy Awards

Tina Fey In Oscar de la Renta - 2011 SAG Awards

Tina Fey In Oscar de la Renta – 2011 SAG Awards

28 Responses to Eva Longoria In Georges Hobeika Couture – 2011 SAG Awards

1. Alina January 31, 2011 at 10:24 #

I think the way she styled the dress works better for her.
    The colour of the dress is really divine against her skin tone.

2. Pati January 31, 2011 at 10:31 #

I agree. She looks stunning. She always picks the most beautiful dresses, but they sometimes age her.. This time, she looks fresh and radiant.

3. jui ho January 31, 2011 at 11:20 #

she is a tad too short for that dress

4. Jones19 January 31, 2011 at 11:22 #

I think the cut of this dress doesn’t do her figure any favors, it makes her looks short and boxy (which she is but a good cut hides that).

• KateS February 1, 2011 at 00:59 #

I agree, she’s too short to pull off a dropped waistline like this without looking boxy.

5. robbie January 31, 2011 at 12:05 #

hmm it is alright but im not totally in love with it. it is a little too loose around the bust for me, one wrong move and she could end up flashing more than a smile.

6. D January 31, 2011 at 12:07 #

i lilke this dress :) but if the waist is slightly higher it ll make her legs look longer…

• Leti January 31, 2011 at 13:18 #

That’s exactly what I thought when I saw her in this dress…hmm, the waist looks just a little low.

PS – Part of how she avoided wardrobe malfunction was by the fact that it wasn’t open in the sides–there was flesh toned net fabric. You can see it in close-ups.

• Fashion Critic January 31, 2011 at 13:31 #

ahhh…interesting.

7. Elle_gb January 31, 2011 at 12:07 #

The dress is stunning but seeing on Eva im not sure.

8. SydneyCheekyChic January 31, 2011 at 12:18 #

she totally ruined it… i liked it the way it was on the runway

9. Marvel January 31, 2011 at 12:36 #

The dress looks great on the model but Eva ruins it. She doesnt have the height, finesse or body to pull it off. She looks like an extra from Jason and the Argonauts

• Rebecca January 31, 2011 at 14:38 #

I have to agree with Marvel–this was a really wrong choice for her–it fits too low on her hips, makes her shoulders look enormous–it almost makes her body look boyish.

• dee January 31, 2011 at 15:38 #

I agree as well. It’s is not the right dress for her.

10. Anita January 31, 2011 at 12:50 #

yh I thought it looked kinda off on her but she still looks nice. Im still waiting for the “newly divorced” wow dress.

• Ethne Blist January 31, 2011 at 13:29 #

Yep. I agree. We must wait for the “Tony Parker who?” dress. But this is a gorgeous pick. She is too short for this as everyone else has said.

11. Laura January 31, 2011 at 13:30 #

It seems a little boxy and a little too daring. I would’ve preferred it if it was worn like on the runway. Not my fave, but still nice to see Eva do something different.

12. Fee January 31, 2011 at 14:35 #

Disappointing. She have been completely swamped in the runway version, but I think it would have been better to pick another dress rather than take away the elements that made this one so interesting

13. Kaylie January 31, 2011 at 16:09 #

She is just too short to pull off this dress.

14. Hannah January 31, 2011 at 18:00 #

I liked it at frist, but am liking it less now. I also would ahve loved to ahve seen the runway presentation, but it would ahve definitely overwhlemed eva, sorry, but this dress really neede a tall person to pull it off.

15. karen January 31, 2011 at 19:08 #

I did not think the dress was flattering on her at all. She couldn’t pull it off. She’s not quite JLo.

16. Anna February 1, 2011 at 00:39 #

this was a COMPLETELY wardrobe malfunctions.

• Fashion Critic February 1, 2011 at 07:49 #

I don’t like those exposed zippers

Reminds me of Olivia wilde’s Marchesa gown from last year

17. mochababe73 February 1, 2011 at 01:39 #

I like the fact that she wore something different. Let’s face it. Eva hasn’t met a mermaid dress that she didn’t like.
    I think that there is no way that Eva could rip the runway. She’s too petite to wear that big, heavy necklace.

18. STYLEQUOTE February 1, 2011 at 05:44 #

I am sorry, she looks horrid. The dress is all wrong for her figure. She looks as if she had a gignourmos torso. The dress doesnt drape on her but cling. She looks like a 50 year old tranie not a 30 something actress. The fake tan and always excessive makup doesnt help.

19. jen February 2, 2011 at 17:06 #

it reminds so much of this dress, couple of small differences but in general pretty much the same thing

20. Jinni February 3, 2011 at 13:42 #

well well Eva looks likes she’s on Man hunt…

21. Sophie February 6, 2011 at 10:39 #

This is a beautiful dress but not on Eva. Agree with Karen, Fae etc Eva is swamped in this dress she looks like she is about to fall out of the top half – which is not a good look.