Christina Hendricks In L’Wren Scott – 2011 SAG Awards

Most Unflattering Award
Christina Hendricks showcased her curves whilst channeling her dark side at the 2011 SAG Awards last night.

The curvaceous actress wore a L’Wren Scott tuxedo robe dress from the Fall 2010 collection.

This dress is in total contrast to the Jessica Rabbit red dress she wore to the Golden Globes.

Unfortunately this shimmering dressing looks heavy and isn’t particularly flatter on Christina.

I guess even she gets tired of the pin-up look, hence this change of pace, but she ended up being one of my least favourite at this event.

A Judith Leiber clutch and Rene Caovilla shoes completed her look

Credit: Style.com & Zuma Press

Meagan Good In Michael Costello - 'Think Like A Man Too' LA Premiere

Meagan Good In Michael Costello – ‘Think Like A Man Too’ LA Premiere

Winona Ryder In Alberta Ferretti Bridal - 2011 SAG Awards

Winona Ryder In Alberta Ferretti Bridal – 2011 SAG Awards

26 Responses to Christina Hendricks In L’Wren Scott – 2011 SAG Awards

1. Alina January 31, 2011 at 11:04 #

This dress does nothing to her stunning figure and that’s a shame.

2. Lee Ann January 31, 2011 at 11:11 #

She looks bad really bad. Her legs look shapeless. Part of the allure of this dress is the deep V cut -without it its too heavy.

• ashley January 31, 2011 at 16:00 #

i agree! without the deep v it just looks like something hugh hefner would wear

3. Darling January 31, 2011 at 11:16 #

On her it looks like glittering bathrobe))

• Terry January 31, 2011 at 13:08 #

Exactly! This is the first thing I thought when I saw the pictures…Not flattering at all.

4. mm January 31, 2011 at 11:20 #

Perfect award.

5. Kaz January 31, 2011 at 11:20 #

Hmmm, I’m not a fan which is a shame as Christina is a stunning woman. It looks a little bit like a glamourous bathrobe! And what’s up with the slightly odd open-mouth face?

6. Jones19 January 31, 2011 at 11:20 #

It just looks like a robe on her. The material looks matte whereas it’s shiny on the runway…

7. Alexandra January 31, 2011 at 11:24 #

i actually thinks she looks stunning! there’s no one like her among celebrities. i guess i just can’t fault her ;)

8. Pati January 31, 2011 at 11:24 #

It´s a glittery robe… I´m not feeling it either..

9. Dinesh January 31, 2011 at 11:25 #

I know i am in the minority here, but i thought she looked great especially when i was watching her on television. It’s a departure from her normal red carpet picks but i think she looks stunning nonetheless.

• mochababe73 January 31, 2011 at 23:59 #

I join you on the minority list. I loved this dress on her. The more I saw it, the more I liked it. My only complaint is that I wish she had worn a shoe that wasn’t so heavy.
      The black is stunning against her red hair.

10. Jarrold January 31, 2011 at 11:25 #

I loved this on TV. What happened!

11. D January 31, 2011 at 12:03 #

i wish the material is lighter and colour greener to go with her red hair

12. robbie January 31, 2011 at 12:08 #

proof that l’wren scott dresses are suited more to tall slim women rather than curvier women.

13. Marvel January 31, 2011 at 12:35 #

Well to be fair to her, she’s not thrusting her boobs in every pic. I love her hair here though

14. Anita January 31, 2011 at 12:41 #

I LOVED her hair and makeup. She looked stunning – I just wanted to eat her up lol. Although I didnt like the dress, it wasnt that bad. Plus I like the fact that shes trying different styles and cuts of dresses rather than her usual.

15. Godiava January 31, 2011 at 13:12 #

It is a shame that she still doesn’t know how to dress for her frame. I feel like she needs to hire those stylists from Mad Men.

16. Leti January 31, 2011 at 13:12 #

I love the hair and the makeup. I would go so far as to say that this is unflattering. Maybe this isn’t the best dress she’s worn, but it’s certainly not the worst!

17. Ethne Blist January 31, 2011 at 13:24 #

I am not liking the black color. The blue runway version or green would have been divine. But as others have said, at least this is not a visual feast of cantaloupes.

18. Cristina January 31, 2011 at 13:27 #

Really? I think she looks pretty great. Its so much more streamlined than everything she usually wears with all the tiers, and the ruffles, and the feathers we usually see on her. I think she’s giving off such a glamourous old Hollywood Rita Hayworth vibe. If I would change anything, I wish the fabric had more sparkle, but I love this direction for her.

19. Laura January 31, 2011 at 13:28 #

I like that she tried something different, but it doesn’t flatter her body right. And the makeup is just wrong. She looks like she had a bad night at a Vegas hotel, and she threw on the complementary bathrobe and headed to the red carpet.

20. Fee January 31, 2011 at 14:39 #

Awful, it looks like a dressing gown. Although I don’t think the runway version is much better

21. Hannah January 31, 2011 at 17:57 #

It looked so beautiful on television, like such a beautiful change to what we always see. Really gorgeous and sleek. I am so disappointed it looks so hideous in photo, because it looked a tonne better in motion.

22. Lou February 1, 2011 at 21:31 #

Not a massive fan of this dress, but at least the runway version looked like a dress and not loungewear. A shame as I love to see how Christina dresses her curves

23. rach February 11, 2012 at 11:59 #

Really it is not that easy. She can’t choose from the among of dresses the other supper skinny actress can. Not all the designer give her a chance to wear their dresses. It’s really tiring trying loads of dresses having big breasts. I do, and I’m not fat at all so the dresses that would other wise look great on me if I hadn’t had my actual breast coup, look horrible on me because they are all baggy on the rest of me. I’m not skinny, I have my curves and all the clothes nowadays seem to be designed for skinny girls. She didn’t make a nice choice but it’s really tiring to have to choose the same thing every time.