31.01.11

Angie Harmon In Monique Lhuillier – 2011 SAG Awards

Most Frou Frou Award
Angie Harmon glided down the red carpet at the 2011 SAG Awards like a beautiful pink swan in LA today.

Her ultra feminine feathered Monique Lhuillier gown is very much the princess gown which every red carpet awards show needs.

Olivia Wilde did it at the Globes, so tonight was Angie’s turn.

The dress was perfect for her skin tone, and that was further complemented by dewy make-up.

She didn’t overdo the jewels as the bodice of her gown was lightly embellished.

This look may not be to everyone’s taste, but she certainly rocked it.

Credit: AP

Reese Witherspoon In Oscar de la Renta - The Colleagues' 26th Annual Spring Luncheon

Reese Witherspoon In Oscar de la Renta – The Colleagues’ 26th Annual Spring Luncheon

Mila Kunis In Alexander McQueen - 2011 SAG Awards

Mila Kunis In Alexander McQueen – 2011 SAG Awards

31 Responses to Angie Harmon In Monique Lhuillier – 2011 SAG Awards

1. Amber January 31, 2011 at 00:39 #

She looks like she’s molting. I’m not impressed.

• mol January 31, 2011 at 00:46 #

I have to agree

2. Laura January 31, 2011 at 00:42 #

Tom and Lorenzo of Project Rungay said it best when they said that this was an Oscar’s dress. Not event-appropriate. She kinda looks like she was tarred and feather. Not my fave at all.

3. Mahima January 31, 2011 at 00:44 #

Its terrible. It looks like a wedding dress turned pink or maybe a tacky sweet sixteen dress.

4. Kate McCarthy January 31, 2011 at 00:44 #

Oh dear god.No.She is beautiful though.proper super beautiful

5. Linda January 31, 2011 at 00:54 #

It might be better if her hair weren’t slicked back like that. It reminds me of the pink dress Penelpe Cruz wore at the Oscars a few years ago. I didn’t like that look too much either. She had her hair slicked back for that too, if I remember correctly. So severe.

6. Jones19 January 31, 2011 at 00:55 #

The feathers on the bust are overkill. Too sugary sweet pink for such a feathery dress too. No thanks.

7. nicole January 31, 2011 at 01:01 #

ugly!!

8. Sharon January 31, 2011 at 01:13 #

I guess I’m in the minority. I’ve always thought Angie was an exceptionally beautiful woman, and I think she looks lovely in this dress. The color is especially flattering to her.

9. Lance January 31, 2011 at 01:19 #

This is way to OTT and bridal for this event. She’s not even nominated! It’s a tad embarrassing.

• Cristina January 31, 2011 at 03:08 #

Amen.

10. Ethne Blist January 31, 2011 at 01:54 #

Yep. This may look tacky to some of you, but I agree with Ms. FC all the way. Angie works anything she wears and she is fearless.

11. Hannah January 31, 2011 at 02:00 #

I am a lover of super girly, super pink looks, but this is absolutely not to my taste. Too barbie cake topper. Less disney, less feathers less lilacy pink tones nad less corsettign would have worked much better.

• Alina January 31, 2011 at 05:41 #

I am also a lover of super girly looks but I hate this.

I might be old thinking but I believe this dress isn’t appropriate for a 38 old woman. It also feels too much for this event + she’s not even nominated.

12. KateS January 31, 2011 at 02:02 #

Yikes, the colour is good on her but everything else is a disaster – too much for the event, too feathered, too coy.
    I think Penelope Cruz really ruined the ‘strapless, pink, fitted-bodice feather-skirted’ dress for all other awards show attendees. All others since have looked like bad knockoffs.

13. Alyson January 31, 2011 at 02:25 #

Not a fan — too pink, too feathery, too poofy.

14. Debra January 31, 2011 at 02:35 #

Angie Harmon is a beautiful woman and that dress is extraordinariy… Simply breath taking.

15. Debra January 31, 2011 at 02:37 #

Angie Harmon is just beautiful and her dress is extraordinary. She looks perfectly lovely!

16. pipsqueak January 31, 2011 at 02:42 #

The dress is too feminine for my taste but I’m glad to see Angie back in the spotlight. She has an amazing body. I think if movie studios had decided to remake Love Story 10 years ago, she could’ve played Ali McGraw’s character. Angie is just as naturally endowed.

17. mochababe73 January 31, 2011 at 02:57 #

You are 100% right. This is not everyone’s taste.
    This is alot of dress. Too much for the SAGs. I think that it may be over the top even for the Oscars.
    It’s just…bad. I’m such a Marchesa fan, and I wanted to like this dress. I can’t.

18. Cristina January 31, 2011 at 03:10 #

Angie is certainly not old by any stretch of the imagination, and a stunningly beautiful woman, but I still think this dress is way young for her. I see it more on one of the Glee girls or someone like that. Its not sophisticated enough for Angie.

19. cheryl January 31, 2011 at 05:52 #

i just saw this on the TV guide channel and it almost looked on there that she was too “long” to wear this. she was walking hunched over slightly and i thought if she stood straight her breasts would have been exposed! she looked uncomfortable. it looks more like a prom dress, not something a mature woman would wear.

20. Pati January 31, 2011 at 07:38 #

Way too sugary for my liking! But she is beautiful, and I love her hair and make up… I wish the dress was in midnight blue or black and that she saved it for Oscras, as it is OTT for this event…

21. D January 31, 2011 at 10:38 #

sweet dress, for someone not as mature perhaps?

22. Emi January 31, 2011 at 11:03 #

She’s a bit old for such a romantic pink dress, i don’t know, and I want to stress that she’s not old, it’s the same as for a cute pink dress we recetly saw on G. Paltrow. i’ve always dreamt a gown like this for my Barbie when I was a child!

23. Marvel January 31, 2011 at 12:50 #

Eww.
    Too sweet for my taste

24. Ashley January 31, 2011 at 16:12 #

I think I would have loved it on someone else :/

25. Hannah January 31, 2011 at 18:18 #

FC, have you seen the picture of her hair? It is like colourblocking for the hair. It is a medium brown for about an inch at the roots then suddenly black.

26. Fiona February 1, 2011 at 00:00 #

Not a huge fan of the dress but the color of the dress makes me notice how amazing her tan is. JEALOUS!

27. Jen February 2, 2011 at 02:32 #

I’m sorry. I just can’t get behind this look! I hate it.