2011 Directors Guild Awards

Natalie Portman, Jennifer Lawrence, Claire Danes and Amy Adams attended the 63rd Annual Directors Guild Of America Awards last night, which was held at the Grand Ballroom at Hollywood & Highland.

Natalie opted for another bump skimming look wearing a black Michael Kors jersey goddess gown with gold neck piece.

Her simple dress was teamed with Aldo shoes, Cartier yellow gold and diamond jewelry plus a black Roger Vivier clutch.

The only person I’m really excited about from this whole group is Jennifer Lawrence.

Jennifer looked stunning wearing a Prabal Gurung Spring 2011 white asymmetrical dress which is longer than the blue runway version.

The “Winter’s Bone” Oscar nominated actress teamed her dress with black Miu Miu heels, a black Roger Vivier clutch and Lorraine Schwartz jewels.

Like Natalie, Claire Danes opted for a head-to-toe black look.

She wore a Roland Mouret ‘Macha’ black double faced viscose v-neck dress from the Spring 2011 collection.

Amy Adams finally wears a colour which isn’t black or navy.

“The Fighter” actress wore a lovely cream coloured strapless Fendi dress which she teamed with a matching clutch and saffron peep-toes.

Let’s pray that SAG Awards is more exciting.

Credit: Style.com & Stewart Cook / Rex Features/Rex Features/ZUMAPRESS.com

Best Dressed Of The Week - Leighton Meester In Michael Kors and Diane Kruger

Best Dressed Of The Week – Leighton Meester In Michael Kors and Diane Kruger

In Gwyneth Paltrow's Closet - Lanvin Metallic Dress

In Gwyneth Paltrow’s Closet – Lanvin Metallic Dress

13 Responses to 2011 Directors Guild Awards

1. Vidhya January 30, 2011 at 13:12 #

I feel sad seeing these lame looks :(

2. Marvel January 30, 2011 at 13:30 #

Natalie’s boobs look really weird in this dress.

Jennifer looks great but those black shoes are like Krypotonite to my eyes

Claire looks gorgeous as always

Amy looks great but I am serious hair envy with her

3. dressaddict January 30, 2011 at 13:34 #

Just boring…The SAG Awards will definitely be more intersting (or at least I hope :) )

4. nicky January 30, 2011 at 13:54 #

actresses never really experiment when it comes to the directors awards. they might look boring but all are very polished and sophisticated looks. jennifer is probably the best followed by amy adams who looks lovely with that hair!

5. Tahj January 30, 2011 at 14:04 #

Claire Danes is one of the best dressed women in hollywood. Why? Because she knows how to do simple elegance. She always looks so well put together and polished.

• Emi January 30, 2011 at 22:26 #

You’re so right, she’s classy.

6. Shaina January 30, 2011 at 15:08 #

They look great, but these looks are boring. Amy Adams is my favorite of the four though.

7. Shiva January 30, 2011 at 15:33 #

is it just me or do they all look co-ordinated? its like they cud hav easily passed off as an ensemble cast from the same movie!! polished looks nevertheless

8. Alina January 30, 2011 at 16:18 #

They all look nice and polished. Sofia Vergara was pretty glamorous.

9. Laura January 30, 2011 at 17:07 #

Nothing really exciting. Not even a lot of color. But I’m hoping they were saving their good looks for the SAG’s tonight.

I like Natalie Portman’s look but that’s about all I can say. Jennifer’s white look is nice, but I wish she’d picked different shoes. Claire’s look is nice, but unmemorable. Amy’s nude dress is the wrong neutral for her.

Is it just me or do the first 3 ladies look like they went shoe shopping together?

10. Hannah January 30, 2011 at 19:38 #

I am so excited for JEnnifer tonight. She looks gorgeous in this prabal gurung, whose colelction I eagerly hoep to continue seeing on the red carpet. She suits it so well. I am also greatly looking forward to hailee steinfeld tonight, I always find the newbies so unpredictable, since you cannot determien someones style so quickly, especially as both actresses have given such a wide variety of looks so far, all of which have been fabulous!
    This event was so underwhelming, Claire’s shoes look orthopedic and amy’s dress is very unflattering.

11. Ethne Blist January 31, 2011 at 02:00 #

Jennifer should have worn the aqua version. Kinda a shame. But the white is just okay.
    That color on Amy Adams is awful. No.

12. D January 31, 2011 at 10:43 #

love the white and creamy dresses