Who Wore Versace Better? January Jones or Cheryl Cole

Here we have two girls who really love to wear Versace on the red carpet.

January – who is the face of Versace’s Spring 2011 accessories collection – wore her Versace black dress from the Spring 2011 collection to the Central Saint Martins 20:20 Fashion Fund launch party in London back in November.

With a neat tight bun the “Mad Men” actress wore her sexy sleek LBD with black pumps.

Cheryl wore the same dress to the National Television Awards which was held at The O2 in London.

The X Factor judge added warm pops of red to her look via her red Christian Louboutin ‘Big Lips’ pumps and bold red lips.

I do like the look on Cheryl, but I wish she’d saved it for a TV appearance and dressed up more for this occasion.

I was going to give this win to Cheryl for not going head to toe black, but then I saw the back of the dress and I almost died.

January wins for me.

Credit: Style.com, Getty Richard Young / Rex Features/Rex Features/ZUMAPRESS.com

Irina Shayk In Azzedine Alaia - Extra

Irina Shayk In Azzedine Alaia – Extra

In Victoria Beckham's Closet - Victoria Beckham Knotted Parachute-Silk Gown

In Victoria Beckham’s Closet – Victoria Beckham Knotted Parachute-Silk Gown

34 Responses to Who Wore Versace Better? January Jones or Cheryl Cole

1. robbie January 27, 2011 at 00:31 #

january wins it, but only just. cheryl and her obsession with tramp stamps, makes her even more chavvy cole/tweedy whatever the hell she is calling herself.

2. jen January 27, 2011 at 00:32 #

i am not sure i understand, whats wrong with the back of the dress?

• Fashion Critic January 27, 2011 at 00:37 #

the tattoo’s ruin the look for me

• jen January 27, 2011 at 19:17 #

well its not like it can be fixed, its there, so we have to look past it & just appreciate the dress :P

3. Tania January 27, 2011 at 00:36 #

Her tatoo totally ruined the back of the dress!

• Fashion Critic January 27, 2011 at 00:37 #

agreed

• Lils January 27, 2011 at 12:57 #

exaclty. It would have been great without it.

4. lolita January 27, 2011 at 00:43 #

can’t we vote for freja? :)

• Fashion Critic January 27, 2011 at 00:47 #

she rocks it for sure

5. rebecca January 27, 2011 at 01:00 #

the dress fits January better. And I wish I could erase Cheryl’s back from my memory!!!!

6. Linda January 27, 2011 at 01:28 #

January looks so much sexier and like a Versace girl in this, she blows Cheryl out of the water anyway, and then those horrible, horrible exposed tatoos!!! Ugh!!!

7. Ethne Blist January 27, 2011 at 02:07 #

This is a reason why you don’t get tattoos in visible areas.

8. karen January 27, 2011 at 02:21 #

yikes! did not know cheryl has such a huge tatoo in the back. i heard she has another big awful tatoo on her thighs too. Why cheryl why.

9. Anna January 27, 2011 at 03:10 #

Oh, come on, it’s just a tattoo. Have you taken a look at the girl modeling the dress on the catwalk? she has three tattoos on her right arm and one on her left wrist and still she’s a model.

• Fashion Critic January 27, 2011 at 08:25 #

Are you areally comparing 3 tiny tattoos to a massive ugly lower back tattoo?

10. Matt January 27, 2011 at 03:31 #

Her team may have done a great job cleaning her up, but Cheryl Tweedy would always appear from time to time, hence the awful tattoo

• karen January 27, 2011 at 18:12 #

I’m from the US, what does “but Cheryl Tweedy would always appear…” that mean?

• Anita January 27, 2011 at 19:45 #

Tweedy is her maiden name and Cole is her married name. Lets just say that when she was “Tweedy” she was very chavvy aka. “white trash” then when she got married her team “cleaned her up” and made her more marketable.

Shes divorced now but still goes by Cole, because her Tweedy name still has that chav stigma to it . As evidenced by that tattoo, no matter how much she pretends to be classy shes still “Tweedy from the block”

• Hannah January 27, 2011 at 20:13 #

Tweedy is Cheryl’s maiden name, and she basically has been in a girl group for the past 8-9 years, and the first few years of this bad were tragic style-wise. Greasy hair, barely to non -existent clothes, it’s only since a few years ago that cheryl has established herself as nto dressing liek a tramp, basically, and actually looking sophisticated and nice.

11. may-u January 27, 2011 at 04:06 #

i saw Cheryl’s tatoo, and i dont hate it actually.

if i judge from this photo, Cheryl wins.
    i love the way she wears red lips and shoes.
    January looks a little bit too simple for me.
    Both are beautiful though.

12. Ev January 27, 2011 at 05:32 #

I’m just gonna forget that picture of Cheryl’s back, because from the front she does look better in that dress. And I like red pumps with this look much more than black ones.

13. Lisa January 27, 2011 at 09:39 #

Tattoos are a form of self expression in the same way that fashion is. I really don’t have a problem with the back of the dress. I choose not to have a lower back tattoo, but if Cheryl wants one, why should we judge her. I have a tattoo on my foot and i take every opportunity to wear shoes that show it off, so you go for it Cheryl.

14. Gretta January 27, 2011 at 09:40 #

Even if Cheryl didn’t have the monstrosity across her back, I would still have voted for January. You just can’t beat chic simplicity sometimes.

15. Sharona January 27, 2011 at 11:04 #

My only question is when is she going to get a new hairstyle? So bored with the big blow dry.

16. justme January 27, 2011 at 11:26 #

Lol Cheryl is indeed a tacky little thing but I still voted for her. January’s bun is just ridiculous and her shoe choice is boring.

17. Claire January 27, 2011 at 11:46 #

January has a classic, effortless beauty that Ms Cole just does not.

18. Giuseppi January 27, 2011 at 15:13 #

I really like the red shoes and chandalier earrings, and I preferred her hair style of January Jones’, so I voted for Cheryl, and then I looked at the back of the dress. Absolutely ruined it. Ugh.

19. Maisie January 27, 2011 at 15:42 #

Love the dress on Cheryl,she gives it some ‘oomph’,even if you dont like the tattoos,she clearly does and is proud of them!each to their own!!

20. Hannah January 27, 2011 at 20:03 #

I absolutely detest this dress on cheryl. She has made this dress look so tacky, I don;t knwo who let her leave teh house looking like this. I hate the hair and especially the earrings with the dress, I also think one needs more hieght to pull this off, and she had to have some support in the chest area. I can hardly believe this is the same dress, EASILY JAnuary for me.

21. mochababe73 January 28, 2011 at 00:08 #

Let me preface my comments by saying that I have a small tattoo on my ankle. Got it in college. It was my only act of rebellion.
    With that being said, the tramp stamp definitely made it look tacky. However, from the front, she was alot better. The hair and shoes were leaps and bounds over January Jones.

22. Dolce January 28, 2011 at 02:55 #

I think Coco Perez just ripped you off:

“January Vs. Cheryl: Who Wore It Better???”

• Fashion Critic January 28, 2011 at 07:37 #

They always do.

23. Marta_EC January 31, 2011 at 19:32 #

The tattoo is 10 years old, she was 16 when she got it.

24. Phoebe March 14, 2011 at 16:57 #

This dress totally doesn’t fit January around the bust and it also looked too long on her. She just looks awkward in it. I’m not a huge fan of Cheryl, but she fills out the dress nicely and her shoe and make-up choices are not boring. Who cares about the tat.