Anna Wintour In Tom Ford – Gucci Rue Royale Reopening Party

Anna Wintour wore Tom Ford to the Gucci Rue Royale Reopening Party in Paris this week.

She wore a black and white animal print long sleeved dress from the designer debut Spring 2011 womenswear collection.

The Editor-In-Chief for American Vogue surprisingly decided not wear her favourite beige kitten heels.

Instead she wore this look with black suede boots and a beaded necklace.

We may not have to wait long to see our next look from Tom Ford’s Spring 2011 collection as he has his sights set on dressing an actress attending the Oscars.

Personally I don’t think many looks from this collection are Oscar worthy, especially after many breath-taking looks presented during Paris Couture Fashion Week.

What do you think?

Credit: Tom Ford & Getty

Valentino Spring 2011 Couture

Valentino Spring 2011 Couture

Iman In Chris Benz - Sirius XM's Martha Stewart Living Radio

Iman In Chris Benz – Sirius XM’s Martha Stewart Living Radio

32 Responses to Anna Wintour In Tom Ford – Gucci Rue Royale Reopening Party

1. Calum January 27, 2011 at 16:02 #

Hope to see look number 2 from Elie Saab from the couture collection this week, at the oscars. Hopefully it will be done justice aswell!

2. Tamia January 27, 2011 at 16:09 #

Happy new year FC! love that Anna wore this to a Gucci event!is she sending a cryptic message to Gucci?!she’s not the first to wear Tom Ford on the red carpet though babe,Julianne Moore wore him to the critics awards and Annette Benning wore him (albeit horribly!) at the Golden Globes x

3. M January 27, 2011 at 16:09 #

Annette Benning wore Tom Ford to the Golden Globes

4. Hisadora January 27, 2011 at 16:12 #

I think the boots look ridiculous with this dress. But the dress look very good on her.

5. Rebecca January 27, 2011 at 16:19 #

It is a great dress, but her poor posture is making it look like any old thing.

6. geisha January 27, 2011 at 16:22 #

wow, she actually looks pretty. Is that a smile i see? *gasp*

7. Ethne Blist January 27, 2011 at 16:25 #

I don’t like the dress but I think it is good on Anna. Like others said, her signature posture makes her look like someone with scoliosis. Anna you need to drink more milk.

• Rebecca January 27, 2011 at 16:40 #

Does she have a medical condition related to her posture–like osteoporosis?

• Camilla January 27, 2011 at 17:48 #

So with you on this. Stop SLOUCHING. And get a haircut.

8. Sergio Hudson January 27, 2011 at 17:01 #

um it is a lil messy to wear tom ford to a gucci party is it not ? I mean the company and him parted ways in a very bad way

9. From Russia With Love January 27, 2011 at 17:04 #

The shape has been so modified from the runway that it became some mediocre sheath dress instead of a gorgeous trapeze dress. :(

10. Mel January 27, 2011 at 17:15 #

I liked this dress but not in Anna, she looks ridiculous.

I think is highly probably to see Tom Ford’s creations the Oscars night by his conexions with many A-list actresses, but I think they will be see mostly in the parties. If they will be see in the red carpet? I wish not, but I’ll love to see some of them that night. I can’t wait to see this collection in the red carpet, is been a while since the last time a collection got me so intrigued.

11. Lee Ann January 27, 2011 at 17:17 #

You gotta love Wintour’s cheek. Aside from her posture which is bad can someone buy her a sandwich and a new pair of shoes? If I see those hideous boots or the even worse crisscross shoes anymore I will cry.

• Gigi January 27, 2011 at 17:43 #

Lee Ann… my thoughts exactly. She always has such a weird smile on her face… in this dress, all stooped over, she looks just ridiculous. Editor of Vogue? You should be ashamed.

• artemis January 28, 2011 at 00:13 #

How can this happen !The editor of Vogue always with BORING clothes..ohhh and those kitten heels I hate them!

12. Matt January 27, 2011 at 19:07 #

The woman is a genius as an editor-in-chief but her looks are always just boring

13. Hannah January 27, 2011 at 19:46 #

I do like her style, but it is never anything that amazing. Always consistent and solid though.
    egarding tom ford, I think he definitely has talent as a designer, but I am feeling so confused over the collection, because of the slihtly awry runway presentation, I basically hope to see his true talent prevail in his next collection. His line has recieved a lot of editorial praise and recognition, and although I don’t think any of his look sare drop dead gorgeous gowns, which is what is expected for the oscars, I think on the right person, witht he right pose attitude etc, the dress could, just possibly, make a huge impact on the red carpet.

14. e January 27, 2011 at 21:06 #

i want to grab her by the shoulders and yank her up straight … and apparently from comments here i’m not the only one!!!

15. LOLA January 27, 2011 at 21:27 #

I like the fact that she wears TOM FORD at a GUCCI event! It’s like : IN YOUR FACE FRIDA…tom is back!

I would like to see TOM FORD’s collection & CHANEL couture’s collection SS 11 at the oscar just because those dresses are not “So Oscar”. It will be a great alternative to Elie Saab, Lanvin…..(even if i like them, where them is so predictable)

16. Thomas Monks January 27, 2011 at 21:41 #

If anyone wears Tom Ford to the Oscars it will be Annette Benning, and I hope she wears the dress Daphne Guinness wore on the runway

17. Marvel January 27, 2011 at 22:23 #

Julianne Moore didnt get nominated for an Oscar so it will be interesting to see (or if) who he dresses. I’ll bet he’s gonna try and get Natalie Portman and I highly doubt she’d go for it.

18. mochababe73 January 27, 2011 at 23:53 #

It’s always boggled my mind that someone so powerful in the fashion industry has ho-hum style. I don’t like the boots, and the dress is just okay. I mean, I think that I have a similar dress in my closet from Macy’s.
    Now, Giovanna Battaglia has style.

19. Alicat January 27, 2011 at 23:56 #

It is a pity the flare of the skirt as on the runway has been modified as it makes Ms Wintour look even more stick thin. Not liking this look – the dress, the boots, the bad posture and the helmet hair.

20. AL GIGA January 28, 2011 at 08:26 #

THE DRESS LOOKS AWFULL ON ANNA! SHE SHOULD STICK TO HER LIBRARIAN LOOK, THAT IS HER STYLE!
    THIS DRESS MAKES HER LOOK LIKE SHE IS TRYING TO BE CARINE ROITFIELD!!!!!!! ( THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THIS DRESS)

21. Lena January 28, 2011 at 08:40 #

I honestly still don’t get what all the fuss over Anna Wintour’s style is about… Personally the few looks I don’t hate on her are just classic country club type of
    outfits, her posture leaves a world to be desired too.

She may be the most powerful woman in the fashion industry and is certainly talented in her work but for me there’s a little too much boot licking going on around her.

22. anne January 28, 2011 at 10:55 #

It’s so very … Anne. Feel like we’ve seen it before. I agree about the Tom Ford collection, it wasn’t great but i’m sure it will get recognition amongst celebrities.

23. Emi January 28, 2011 at 11:15 #

Am i the only one who thinks that a lot of people of the fashion business dress so bad? Sometimes, honestly, I see terrible outifts during fashion weeks. Are these the persons who are supposed to impose what is beautiful and what is not? I can see only half of the picture, I can’t see the shoes, and I got that most of you dislike the boots, but her kitten heels? Wanna talk about them? Also, isn’t it a “bit” impolite that she went to a Gucci event dressed in Tom Ford, did she do it on purpose? I think she did.

24. robbie January 28, 2011 at 15:59 #

anna as much as i love her i do wish she would ditch those butt ugly boots. the whole look is ugly.

25. Carol January 29, 2011 at 13:52 #

Even the most amazing look in the world would look bad with such bad posture… Attitude, Anna!

26. pipsqueak January 29, 2011 at 16:34 #

Wow, I’m surprised by the readers’ reaction here. I actually like the look. Edgier than her usual dress + kitten heels ensemble, which I’m tired of. Animal prints are never my favorite, but she pulled it off. I know Anna really supports American and French fashion. I have no problem with that!