Olivia Wilde In Gucci – Gucci Rue Royale Reopening Party

The last time we saw Olivia Wilde she was wearing a beautiful ball-gown, but she opted for something edgier when she attended the Gucci Rue Royale Reopening Party in Paris last night.

I love her Gucci Spring 2011 jumpsuit. It’s a very strong look for someone who usually only gives us very girlie red carpet moments.

The black and jade silk wrap jumpsuit with azure sash detail was accessorized with a stunning gold statement necklace.

I thought this was part of the look until I reacquainted myself with the runway picture.

She adds black sandals and a purple satin clutch to her look.

This is the first time in a long time that I’ve been head-over-heels in love with a look from Olivia.

Credit: Style.com & Stéphane Feugère

Jenna Coleman In Christian Dior - 'Doctor Who' Premiere Fan Screening

Jenna Coleman In Christian Dior – ‘Doctor Who’ Premiere Fan Screening

Jessica Alba In Gucci - Gucci Rue Royale Reopening Party

Jessica Alba In Gucci – Gucci Rue Royale Reopening Party

31 Responses to Olivia Wilde In Gucci – Gucci Rue Royale Reopening Party

1. Gretta January 26, 2011 at 18:06 #

Don’t think the trouser part does her any favours. Very difficult cut to pull off. Colours are beautiful on her but would have added a blue or green clutch.

2. shap_half January 26, 2011 at 18:17 #

Incredible. I love the color combination she put together. The metallic with the glossy jewel tones is great! BDOTW worthy, for me.

• Methedrine January 26, 2011 at 21:48 #

I totally agree!

• Jinni January 27, 2011 at 16:35 #

Yes! I agree she looks really good!…I can even forgive the clutch colour.

3. Ethne Blist January 26, 2011 at 18:35 #

I am in love with this look! BDOTW but I wish the pants were the same as the runway. Olivia’s seem different.

4. Rachel January 26, 2011 at 18:39 #

This collection is amazing!! One of the best SS11 for me! I also think this look is BDOTW contender.

5. Steph January 26, 2011 at 19:00 #

I love the jumpsuit, but I HATE the necklace!

• anna January 26, 2011 at 22:47 #

agreed!

6. Juliana January 26, 2011 at 19:27 #

I’m in love with this look – the purple clutch is just PERFECT! She could’ve gone with a matching one, but the contrast between the bag and the colors of the jumpsuit is just heaven. Bold yet flawless.

BDOTW worthy, for me [2]

• KateS January 27, 2011 at 01:24 #

I agree – the clutch is brilliant and the whole look is BDOTW-worthy.

7. Barbara January 26, 2011 at 19:38 #

BDOTW definitely!!!
    Love the colours, the accessories – the jewels & the purple clutch made the look for me, very Olivia Palermo – and the confidence!

8. Geisha January 26, 2011 at 20:04 #

I love the jumpsuit on the model, however i dislike it on her.
    Perhaps the sleeve should have been rolled up as well, or she should have pulled her hair back, or lost the necklace. It just seems like too much going onup there.
    Also she doesnt seem tall enough to carry off the pants, but perhaps that’s just the angle of the shot.

Her hair is really bugging me for some reason.

9. Elaine January 26, 2011 at 20:14 #

Absolutely love it! Necklace was a great addition – just curious – was u fault wit her golden globes outfit her shoe choice?

• Fashion Critic January 26, 2011 at 22:24 #

I didn’t have any issues with her shoes

• Elaine January 26, 2011 at 23:45 #

Was just wondering was that ur reason for saying it was first time in a while u loved her look head2toe.. Cos I loved her golden globes dress bit know alot of people had an issue with her shoes (I personally didn’t)

10. Anita January 26, 2011 at 20:19 #

Really……. *sideeye*

11. BlackSwan January 26, 2011 at 20:37 #

What a mess this is. The fit is pitiful. It is ugly enough on the runway but is certainly meant for a tall girl. The loose fabric is almost as disrracting as her limp hair. This looks like a recycled exercise outfit from Jane Fonda’s workout days. Do not like.

• Juliana January 27, 2011 at 08:41 #

Olivia Wilde is almost 5’8″. In my book, that may not be “tall as the Eifell Tower”, but she’s pretty tall and lean – you can find many models as tall as her.

12. Gigi January 26, 2011 at 21:12 #

Love the color combo. She looks great. Interesting – it seems the ‘sash’ wraps around and is tucked into the Vneck… love the purple purse. Very cool look.

13. Hannah January 26, 2011 at 21:29 #

I always love Olivia, but this look is incredible! She is my second favourite of the event, purely because the more I look at the trousers the more they irritate me. She styles this look way better than th erunway for me, which is shockign because imo the runway was impeccable. I was scared none of the gucci looks would translate very well, except for the more ‘obvious’ ones, but she really pulls this off. I loved the hair.

14. kimi January 26, 2011 at 21:41 #

I’m not really into jumpsuits, but I have to say Olivia looks downright sexy and divine. I also thought the statement necklace was part of the outfit, it really does go well with the jumpsuit. I wouldn’t expect a heavy necklace to pull the look together.

Love the bright colors!

15. Mahima January 26, 2011 at 21:43 #

Its so refreshing and fun.
    i love. BDOTW for sure.

16. Eris January 26, 2011 at 23:19 #

For me it’s a BDOTW contender.

The choice of accessories is bold and it works so greatly…
    The neacklace gives to this amazing jumpsuit a whole new dimension. Like you, at first sight, I though it was part of the original look. The edgy outfit gets a little wild character with it… In a really good way.

17. asherlev1 January 27, 2011 at 00:02 #

Those trousers do not do her any favors.

I think it looks way better on the model.

18. CreoleLady January 27, 2011 at 01:43 #

I want the shoes – hers, the model’s, and the pair Kruger wore with the Chanel. Loving the respite from wear-to-work pumps.

19. pooja January 27, 2011 at 07:13 #

love the jumpsuit and she looks fab!! any idea which brand is the necklace by?

20. Emi January 27, 2011 at 08:27 #

She looks beautiful as always, but I don’t like the fit of the pants, too loose. I don’t like jumpsuits, in general, but here it seems she has a blouse and a pair of pants, so it doesn’t bother me. I love the shoes.

21. Jones19 January 27, 2011 at 10:36 #

Love love love everything about this

22. Ariel January 27, 2011 at 18:16 #

FABULOUS! Love the colors, necklace, clutch, & all!

23. mochababe73 January 28, 2011 at 00:17 #

I keep saying that I don’t like jumpsuits. I blame it on bad 80s fashion that I grew up in. However, I keep seeing jumpsuits that change my mind. I love everything except for the necklace. I don’t think that she needed it.
    The shoes are amazing and her hair is the icing on the cake.

24. gina January 29, 2011 at 03:25 #

This is a hot mess. Hammer time!