Elie Saab Spring 2011 Couture

Elie Saab’s Spring 2011 Couture collection served up pure glamour and plenty of sexy appeal.

Every look was so very delicate and romantic.

I loved the use of Chantilly lace creating a softer delicate femininity to this Couture collection.

The colour palette consisted of tea-rose pink, followed by lilac, raspberry, fern green and stone with some gorgeous print looks with bouquets of wild flowers adorned on the gowns.

Amongst those looks we saw some vintage inspired pieces in black and off-white which need a red carpet moment. I can picture them on someone quite pale like Dita von Teese, Anne Hathaway or Marcia Cross.

What doesn’t translate so well in these pictures are the sparkling details which adorned most of the looks.

The pieces moved from regal to uber sexy, with splits which seemed to be raised even higher from the Spring 2010 collection. I loved the bustier which was sliced open to give it a dramatic plunge.

A lot of the looks had a high waisted silhouette which allows for more of a dramatic flare on the skirt.

We saw more gowns than cocktail dresses, but with the Oscars around the corner we shouldn’t be surprised.

I’m hoping that at least 2 of these looks make it on the red carpet come February 27.

Here is an amazing picture of the finale bride taken by Jessica Michault.

Favourites: Print gown with floral accent on the shoulder and black and white vintage inspired gown

Who I See Wearing This Collection: Marion Cotillard, Angelina Jolie, Diane Kruger, Megan Fox, Helen Mirren, Dita von Teese, Fan Bing Bing, Beyonce, Abbie Cornish, Anne Hathaway, Rihanna and Marcia Cross.

30 thoughts on “Elie Saab Spring 2011 Couture

1. Ethne Blist

Megan Fox would look stunning in the strapless bustier gown that is sliced open to give it a dramatic plunge. She has no curves so the draping at the waist would help her. I would die in happiness if Helen Mirren wore the stunning red one-shoulder gown.

2. Anissa

I’d like to see that first (top left) floral on Anne H at the Oscars, and I can easily see Megan Fox in that Dove one (bottom left). I’d also love if Michelle Williams wore the bottom blush rose gown for a change up (though still with the floral theme) at the Oscars.

3. gossip_bangkok

All of them looked gorgeous. I do, however, love the red one the best. I really would love to see Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart in some of these dresses.

1. molly

I agree about Dakota, but Kristen? She cant pull these off. The gowns are way to elegant and lady like. She would be lost.

4. rr

I AM DYYINNG!! such exquisite, beautiful, drool-enducing dresses….. and to know i can’t have any of them… :( sigh….

5. cindy

Angie would look awesome in the three-quarter sleeve dress. Since she likes to cover her arms lately that would be a nice choice!

6. Camille

Divine, totally divine. My favorite is the red…a take on the classic Madame X in black…Madame X in vivid, gorgeous red…love it. However, the love for the red is only slightly more than the love I feel for each and every gown as they are all dreamy, gorgeous and amazing. So much love for this designer and his obvious love for the female form.

7. MARIO

Loved every piece of the collection… My dream is to see Blake Lively to wear Look 40 to the Oscars! I think that that dress (even that is black) has written her name all over it, it is sexy but at the same time elegant. CHIC!

8. Hermione Weasley

There’s a slightly different version of the first floral dress that immediately made me think of Leighton Meester – the one with the tigh-high split and bigger floral detail on the shoulder.

9. ahot

Who i see wearing the Bride’s gown? ME. On my wedding day. So i will know i made it, and i can die happy. but since i won’t get married anytime soon, & i can’t afford it, i will just admire one masterpiece after another.
    Mr Saab is really one if not the best of his generation. I have yet to see him disappoint.

1. molly

I hear you!
      I wonder if this wasnt Katy Perrys wedding gown instead of the one from the Fall 2010 collection. It looks more grey than white anyways.

10. Hannah

OMg, that bridal gown is beyond gorgeous! He always provides such beautiful collections, and really excels at couture. He may not create that super high level of extreme opulence and drama as the likes of Dior, Givenchy and Chanel do (I really miss Lacroix for that), but he always creates a gorgeous, wearable, enviable dreamy and solid collection. I can always expect to lov ewhat he creates.
    Did you get to go to the show FC?
    P.S. If you did I am super super jealous!

11. Saara

Breathtaking!! I loveLOVE the top left floral gown. My other favourite is the pale lime green gown in the middle of the bottom row.
    ps. Why do all the models look so bored on the video? If I was wearing some of these gowns I could not stop smiling…

12. Anna

SWOON! Thanks FC.

I want my wedding dress to be a mix of look 21 and 23! :)

Love love love the floral print gowns, almost as much as my ultimate watercolour favourites from SS 2010 looks 1, 15, 26…

13. Carol

Oy, va voy!!! Love, love, love…
    can I have all of them delivered like… immediately?.. oh, actually I will order them custom made!

14. Ariel

I can see Leighton Meester in the pink floral print gown. I love all the dresses from this collection, especially the wedding dress. Elie Saab anyday, everyday! Hopefully we see them hit the red carpet (Oscars, Cannes) on some very beautiful women (Angelina, Aishwarya, Anne, Fan)!

15. Lalitha

Speechless…divine collection! The colour palette, the flower prints, the splits, the EVERYTHING! Dazed and amazed. I can see JLo rocking some of these outfits.

16. elizabetta

This by far is the best collection he have ever made…i’ve seen these fabrics and these dresses and they look even more beautiful live. I’m proud of him and his team:)
    P.S. the wedding dress weights 65kg! from all that material on it! the models where dragging some if these dresses thats y they looked bored maybe:P

17. charfarrow

The red one is gorgeous! Hopefully looking into getting one made similar for my prom, can’t wait!