25.01.11

Backstage @ Georges Hobeika Spring 2011 Couture

Yesterday I attended the Georges Hobeika Spring 2011 Couture presentation.

I was invited backstage so decided to experience what life is like behind the scenes.

You’ll be surprised to learn that it’s wasn’t as hectic as you would imagine.

Everyone knows what they are doing, the models eat the catering provided and there aren’t any diva tantrums.

Whilst getting their hair and make-up done, the models all wore bathrobes with ‘Georges Hobeika’ is silver embroidery stitched on the back.

From hair and make-up the model move onto their dressers who are dwarfed by the Amazonian models.

Once changed into their second looks the models have plenty of time to pose for pictures and dance around to the music playing the background.

The most attention was paid to the finale model who wore the most elaborate gown I have ever seen up close.

She was pampered like a true bride.

It took a about 8 people to lower her into the stunning strapless tulle embellished gown.

When she had the gown on the room seemed to fall silent as everyone collectively sighed in admiration.

The collection was called “Maiden of the Deep” which explains the sea stone grey, lilac and beige colour palette and fossil-like shaped embellishments and details.

[nggallery id=693]

Alexa Chung In Saint Laurent - MyTheresa.com and Anya Hindmarch Dinner

Alexa Chung In Saint Laurent – MyTheresa.com and Anya Hindmarch Dinner

Kate Bosworth In Dolce & Gabbana - 2011 Creative Coalition Spotlight Initiative Awards

Kate Bosworth In Dolce & Gabbana – 2011 Creative Coalition Spotlight Initiative Awards

10 Responses to Backstage @ Georges Hobeika Spring 2011 Couture

1. GirlOne January 25, 2011 at 13:05 #

Ok, this wedding gown is something I would never wear but – holy smokes, what a piece of work! Amazing!

2. Giuseppi January 25, 2011 at 13:57 #

Wow! How cool! No diva tantrums lol

3. Nia January 25, 2011 at 15:25 #

Sounds like a wonderful experience. How nice to be able to have a behind-the-scenes, up-close and personal look at the creative process.

4. mm January 25, 2011 at 15:40 #

The finale gown is gorgeous

5. SegioA January 25, 2011 at 16:18 #

OOMMGG!!! Fashion Critic how does it feel to be in the presence of SUCH a masterpiece??
    That dress is so stunning, it gave me goosebumps just looking at it… So Big yet so elegant, and regal, and estatuesque, and marvelous.. omg i have no words! ure so lucky, congrats!!!
    By the way, do u know where can we see the entire collection?

• Fashion Critic January 25, 2011 at 16:27 #

I was dying…

6. Hannah January 25, 2011 at 19:19 #

Gorgeous! That finale look is so exquisite, I love your photos, the details are stunning! I would eb happy just with one of those gorgeous bathrobes! I hope you had as much fun as I did looking at the photos and reading the post, I cannot imagine how incredible it must have been to be in the presence of a master like this, and such spine tinglingly-beautiful clothes! Which was your favourite look?

• Fashion Critic January 25, 2011 at 20:12 #

I would be happy with a bathrobe too :)

7. candice January 25, 2011 at 21:35 #

wow. thanks for the description of this backstage adventure. that couture finale gown is freaking extraordinary. lovely dress!!!!!!

CC

8. mol January 26, 2011 at 04:14 #

I love the final gown, it makes me think of ghostly coral reefs, I also love the very appropriate title of the collection, ‘Maiden of the Deep’ – it really feels like he has been inspired by the textures of various sea creatures – lovely!