Who Wore Marc Jacobs Better? Victoria Beckham or Michelle Obama

Victoria Beckham has often been quoted as saying she’d loved to dress Michelle Obama, so it’s ironic to see them both wearing the same Marc Jacobs Fall 2010 tweed grey pencil dress.

Victoria wore this dress last year when she took to her runway at LAX debuting two taupe bags from her Spring 2011 collection.

VB added her favourite nude Brian Atwood and self designed shades to complete her look.

The First Lady wore the same dress when she arrived at the Wal-Mart announcement of a comprehensive effort to provide healthier and more affordable food choices to their customers in Washington, D.C. last week.

Whilst I love that Mrs O is wearing Marc Jacobs straight off the runway for a second time, I don’t love the brown boots with this look so VB wins for me.

Credit: Style.com, Fame Pictures & AP

15 thoughts on “Who Wore Marc Jacobs Better? Victoria Beckham or Michelle Obama

1. shubby doo

This dress doesn’t work on her for me. What little hope of a compliment I was gonna give died when I saw mrs o’s boots. *sighs* a minor bleep for her. Her fashion style is usually solid

2. Vicky

Victoria for me too, although it looks like Mrs O’s is is more brownish than grey but that could be because of the lighting. Otherwise I find it odd to add brown boots to a grey dress?!

3. Lee Ann

There are actually a few colourways for this dressI was contemplating the soft blonde one which is not shown.
    These dresses are easier to pull off when stick thin. To me this dress emphasises her thighs and hips which is not flattering.
    The boots are just wrong.

4. Ines

Victoria for me too. I guess she was cold but maybe white boots would have looked better?

I also saw that Mrs O wore a Jonathan Saunders dress 2 days ago, unfortunately she killed it with a broche :( The thing with Mrs O is that sometimes she got perfect accessories and some other times the accessories ruin the outfit :S BUT to me both wore the dress better than the model IMO

5. maria

How could she wear a sleeveless dress in January Washington -2 degrees C??!! We get it! You have huge guns mrs O! Stop wearing sleeveless AT EVERY SINGLE OCCASION!

6. Ethne Blist

The dress is so frumpy on MO but just…you know, Victoria Beckham on Victoria Beckham. Plus MO killed the dress with those horrid boots.

7. GB

I think everything Mrs. O wears would look better if she just stood up straight. She should be proud of being tall. And I agree about the sleeves.

8. Sara B.

Mrs. Obama, like so many of us, is a smaller size on top than she is on the bottom. Unless she’s gets the correct size for her hips and has the top altered to fit, she’s not going to look good in this silhouette.

And those boots? Awful!

9. pipsqueak

Victoria wins easily for me, even though I have much, much more respect for Mrs. O. Michelle’s boots were an epic fail, esp. given the length of the dress, and the brown color didn’t go well with the dress either.

10. spongebob

Mrs. Obama might be more respectable than Victoria but Victoria wore the dress 1M times better.. I’m sure the one who voted for Mrs. O are either blind or really really hate Mrs. B..sorry Mrs. Obama you make the dress sooo unposh. And the boots didn’t help either.

11. mochababe73

While I like the dress on our First Lady, the boots ruined the look.
    I like it on Victoria, but that suitcase is ridiculous.