Sofia Coppola In Louis Vuitton – “Somewhere” Preview And Press Conference

Director and screenwriter Sofia Coppola posed on the red carpet during the “Somewhere” preview and reception which was held at Louis Vuitton Roppongi Hills in Tokyo, Japan this weekend.

She of course wore Louis Vuitton.

Her navy furry Louis Vuitton Pre-Fall 2011 dress was originally presented as a two tone look with a leather detail on the sleeves.

Sofia completed her look with her favourite Celine wedges, a black leather belt wrapped around her waist, whilst carrying a Louis Vuitton Sofia Coppola slim pochette.

A few days earlier at Tokyo Midtown in Japan, Sofia Coppola wore yet another Louis Vuitton Pre-Fall 2011 look.

Her silk Stephen Sprouse leopard printed dress was again paired with her favourite wedges and fish-net tights.

I love how she continues to make these shoes work with every look.

As always she looks really happy and comfortable in what she wears.

There is such effortlessness about her; you feel it took her two minutes to get dressed for these events.

Credit: Style.com, Zuma Press & Getty

Miley Cyrus In Alexandre Vauthier Couture - 2014 MTV Video Music Awards #VMA

Miley Cyrus In Alexandre Vauthier Couture – 2014 MTV Video Music Awards #VMA

Kate Bosworth In Chloe – “Another Happy Day” Sundance Film Festival Premiere

Kate Bosworth In Chloe – “Another Happy Day” Sundance Film Festival Premiere

10 Responses to Sofia Coppola In Louis Vuitton – “Somewhere” Preview And Press Conference

1. msd January 24, 2011 at 15:03 #

I agree. She always looks so effortlessly chic. How nice to feature someone who works behind the camera rather than in front of it.

2. Ethne Blist January 24, 2011 at 15:41 #

Sofia dresses like a 50 year old and wears frumpy shoes, but she always looks chic. She sticks to Marc Jacobs and his Louis Vuitton as if she is on contract. I wish she would wear more Lanvin, Givenchy, YSL and Gigorio Armani as they would cater to her style.

• dd January 30, 2011 at 09:15 #

as you have mentioned, she sticks to MJ and LV probably because that’s her style. she doesn’t have to wear outfits that scream “sex”. its called taste.

3. mol January 24, 2011 at 16:24 #

I love her in the top outfit, the color looks wonderful on her and I love the belt (and shoes), very chic.

4. Camille January 24, 2011 at 17:45 #

perfectly tasteful, agreed that she appears comfortable and while she is never too contrived or fussy, I find her style somewhat boring.

5. Hannah January 24, 2011 at 19:26 #

I love it when she wears colour, adn I much prefer thsoe gorgeous streamlined elegant wedged to clumpy black pumps any day. I like the fact she is so efortless, I much prefer this beautiful and successful subtlety to many desperate look-at-me outfits that we see so often, mostly given by reality stars.

• pipsqueak January 24, 2011 at 21:31 #

Wow, you put it so eloquently! The reality stars bit is amusing. Couldn’t agree more and I’d also add movie stars that aren’t really making movies but showing up at events of all sorts. I wish Sofia could’ve worn different shoes, but her effortlessness always makes her beauty less attainable. I like the first dress a little more.

6. Lee Ann January 24, 2011 at 21:16 #

She looks so chic and effortless. I don’t think her style is frumpy at all.

7. mochababe73 January 25, 2011 at 13:42 #

I like the first look. And, I don’t mind the tights. She’s a director not an actress so this is perfect.
    What I don’t like is that second dress. It looks a little cheap. Like something you would find at Wal-Mart.

8. Jinni January 27, 2011 at 13:44 #

It’s the hair! makes everything look frumpy..